Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Seeking professional advice - from

Posted: Mar 1st, 2017 - 3:11 pm In Reply to: To Moderator - Idea for new board

people in the "real world" would likely result in advice many here simply do not want to entertain.

One would expect a reputable financial advisor to listen to the tales of woe and misery and poverty wages and immediately recommend seeking work in a career field that would provide the income required to survive. Any sensible person would do the same thing. If what you are doing is not yielding the results you need, do something else.

Having made that recommendation and then experienced the backlash ("I don't want to do that," "I won't do that," "You don't understand," "I won't leave my tiny, dying, rural, isolated, poverty-stricken, no-jobs location," "I'm an introvert, I have to do MT, absolutely no other job on the planet is good enough for me, the world owes me the MT job I demand," etc., etc.), the professional financial advisors would realize they had wandered into an alternate universe and get out while they still had their sanity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)