Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Other side of fence - LTMT

Posted: Feb 21st, 2017 - 8:38 am In Reply to: I'm sorry - On the other side of the fence

Thank you for taking the time to write this. I had no idea and this really helped put things in perspective.

I in NO WAY meant to come across as dismissing coding and billing hassles. Also, I was not letting myself off the hook for my own error. I totally get that anatomical errors are critical, and I think I even said probably make coding and billing a nightmare when done wrong. I didn't know though, for sure, so your post was very interesting.

As far as dates of service, cc's, etc., it wasn't that I didn't want to have to do it. It's not that I'm lazy, and I don't mind adding them in, and I'm even fine with cc's, as much of pain as they are when they are wordy since we do not get paid to do them. Regardless, it's part of my job and always has been.

My thought was just that it would be a simple enough matter for Medical Records to add it in if I accidentally missed one, so therefore should not be a critical error.

Now that I see how hard it is on the customer's end to do this, I have a much better appreciation for why it is such a big deal and counted as critical.

So I really appreciate the post.

I know QA is just doing their job. Sometimes the things we get marked off on seem so inconsequential. But your post makes me realize that there may be more reason than anyone has made aware of. Similar to the doctor who wants us to just "add this to the last report please." Having no idea that we have no access whatsoever to the last report. To the doctor this seems like a simple matter, but on our end it is actually impossible.

Thanks for helping me understand it from the other side.

It is just so discouraging to make a critical error. It is discouraging to make ANY error, but especially a "critical" one when you have worked so hard all day every day to be as close to perfect as humanly possible.

Anyway, thanks to all who made supportive comments and for letting me vent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)