Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help

Update - OP

Posted: Feb 10th, 2017 - 12:55 am In Reply to: Hoping for new response - to old question

When it comes to computers, I know there are many ways to get to the same place. I have spent hours online, researching this topic, trying to learn about macros (never recorded one before), wondering if I will kill my PC, etc. etc. But we all know what a pain it is to lose years and years of autocorrects, and I was getting ready to back up my hard drive, have a big glass of wine, and try one of these methods.

However, today I get a call from the company IT guy, and he remotes into my PC. He finds the MSO1003.acl file. On my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, it was Documents and Settings, Me (User Name), Application Data, Microsoft, Office. I think that was it, he did it in 2 seconds. He did say there are about five .acl files but that one is for English, the others are for other languages, and I could see that it was much larger than the other files. In another 2 seconds, he uploaded that file to the company server, and did something else that resulted in a Notepad document on my desktop that contained every single one of my Word 2003 autocorrects. He migrated the data into the platform and had me check to see if it worked, which it did.

So the good news is that I now have a hard copy, the bad news being that I don't know how to reproduce the process in the future. And I'm pretty sure that hard copy can't be used to restore anything into my next PC, so I will have to dust off my old XP, have another glass of wine, and experiment with all the methods that you were kind enough to suggest. Thank you all so much for the input.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)