Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Good you're doing something about this never ending - recession and hope it works

Posted: Jan 16th, 2017 - 2:05 pm In Reply to: You described my reality as well, over 60, - Mt

And so many seem to make hay out of the younger offspring who can't "launch." That's a good term. Anyway, how can they "launch" when they can't even get a job that pays the rent, let alone anything else? This country is slowly but surely turning into a third-world nation where nobody has money for anything, except the elite (who can't understand why these "lesser folks can't take personal responsibility for themselves.") Well, most people are not fortunate enough to have $175,000 a year jobs where they don't have to do anything and get a lot more time off than anyone else (Congress). The first place they need to cut is their salaries, not housing for the poor. But that's another story.

Good luck in learning that marketing and I hope that works for you and that you might be able to make a living. Because nobody is going to by being an medical transcriptionist any more and the younger folks are realizing that by not even going into the field. There's no point in going into a field where you have to pay what -- about $3,000 for schooling somewhere? And then all you can look forward to after that time and money is a minimum-wage job. I wouldn't go for that either if I was young. That's absurd. These MTSOs will not have it good for too much longer with hiring people who would like to pay the bills only to be paid the poorest wages these MTSOs can get by with. And for a skilled job! And MTSOs that hire independent contractors are probably only doing that to get out of the other half of social security and no skin off their nose if those people can't even make minimum wage. Well, I would guess they are all going to "pay the piper" pretty soon. It will serve them right. It's really interesting to hear congresspeople like Paul Ryan talk about "personal responsibility," but never once do you hear him or any other congressperson talk about companies that should be taking "personal responsibility" as well, by paying people enough so that they don't have to go on food stamps!! It's always the individual person's fault, not the company's. There's something wrong with this picture. Those poor-paying companies should be billed by the government for the food stamps their employees have to us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)