Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Money - Please correct me if I am wrong

Posted: Jan 14th, 2017 - 5:53 pm

Nuance Transcription Services advertises on its web site that it has 12,000 MTs and produces over 5 billion lines a year. So here is my hypothetical question. Where is all the money going?

If 12,000 MTs work full time and made $0.05 a line (and we know this is too generous,because some work part time and most get less than 5 cents a line), and all of them do 2000 lines a day, then that would be $1,200,000 they would pay out in earnings. Add 25% for benefits, employer's half of social security, etc., and that would be $1,500,000.

At 5 billion lines billed at 0.12 per line, that is 600 MILLION dollars. But at the most 12,000 transcriptionists are getting only $1,500,000. And we know they all don't work full-time and they all don't produce 2000 lines a day!! And most don't get $0.5 a line, either.

SO WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY GOING AND WHY AREN'T WE BEING PAID BETTER???

(Disclaimer: I could have made a mistake somewhere because these numbers really appear unbelievable to me).

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)