Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

You described my reality as well, over 60, - Mt

Posted: Jan 16th, 2017 - 7:48 am In Reply to: Yeah. They have taken "shareholder value" - to an absolutely shameful level

I agree with everything you wrote about the MT industry. One difference between you and me is that I'm widowed. I'm well over 60 and have the wrinkles and bags under my eyes, droopy skin, very tired and look it, so getting a job outside of the local handy mart at minimum wage is unreal. I couldn't even get hired at one of those online websites where local people advertise need for babysitters, as I was required to share my age there. Can you believe it? It seems that college students are more capable in the customers' eyes of taking care of a newborn than someone who is older and more experienced. Interestingly, I have younger children who are unemployed and can't seem to launch. I'm thinking our only salvation in this mess will be to learn online global (and domestic) marketing and make that our source of income, and we're working on that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)