Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Dues - Former CMT

Posted: Oct 21st, 2016 - 9:27 pm In Reply to: No - lynlou

OP, an individual AHDI membership is $135 a year plus an annual fee to maintain CEUs. I was a CMT, probably one of the original group to sit for and pass the exam. I dropped my membership when the dues were raised to $100 a year, I was single and could not afford to pay it. I received no additional pay for being certified and worked with people equally skilled who didn't become CMTs. I was very active in the local chapters and held several offices. I love learning and would have done the continuing ed regardless. The local and state chapters disbanded and people lost interest. MTs are struggling now and very few would be able to afford this, in my opinion, especially when there really is no professional gain. By the way, most of us are actually nice people, we just choose to do different things with our money, such as putting gas in the car and eating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)