Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: IC worker.. (Views: 32)

CMT is pointless. Think about it for a minute (m) - Economics lesson

Posted: Oct 29th, 2016 - 9:31 pm In Reply to: You've changed my mind -- - OverandOut

So there are less jobs and getting the CMT may be some help in edging out another MT for a job, but what point is there in competing for jobs that don't pay a living wage - much less make it logical to pay for a CMT renewal.

Small companies are folding or being bought out by the large few. Any left must lower their compensation to employees to try to survive. So while there is competition for what's left, the pay is and will still be miserable. No amount of certification is going to brighten the economic situation until the large few stop sending jobs overseas AND the lie of VR is exposed.

I also have a problem with AHDI. Who made them the "authority" on MT issues and methods? They don't represent me, nor do they represent any MTs. This is just an PROFIT organization that charges dues and $$$ for their products and actively works to promote and support the growth of the overseas operations that are contributing to the lack of jobs.

So, on top of just being pointless to spend money for an 'edge' on competition for poverty wage jobs. The irony would be that the cost of the renewal goes to support an organization that is working against the best interest of MTs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)