Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

IC questions - Daisy Mae

Posted: Sep 27th, 2016 - 5:02 pm In Reply to: Daisy Mae - interesting

You made the right assumption that I no longer work for that company and did not at the time I filed the S-88, but I can say that if I ever see a job posting here from them again, I will be very vocal about anyone considering working there and the reasons why. I do not know what happened with the IRS and the extent to which the company has been fined, etc., but rest assured, there are consequences for not classifying workers in accordance with IRS guidelines, and I am a testament to that fact. Regarding the IRS definition of worker classification, there was no excuse here with this company because I presented those guidelines to the owner who blatantly disregarded them. Suffice it to say, it was the worst working experience as an IC I have ever encountered in all my many years as an independent contractor. MTs should familiarize themselves with the guidelines and not allow themselves to be run roughshod by MTSOs. When I first started in this business, it was the IC who negotiated the contract terms up front. When that changed to the MTSO presenting their contract requirements, it all went downhill. I agree with you that if the companies cannot follow the guidelines, they should not be in business.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)