Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

I have another question about AHIMA - sm - Susan

Posted: Sep 3rd, 2016 - 6:48 am In Reply to: Why in gods name would you care what others think - you dont have to justify yourself to them

Can someone break down exactly what the CEU process is like? Is it 20 CEU's for 2 years and how difficult is it to work in some free ones - or do you have to pay something through AHIMA for CEU's? I saw that there is some end of year test or something? Please let me know what that is. I find their website a bit cumbersome but I am, of course, used to AAPC's (which isn't great either but I am more accustomed to it at this point).

I don't actually care what anyone thinks but I do have to work closely with these people and they are really backwards and never would have gotten ANY credential but they were forced to (no one had one) so they obviously don't see the value in it. They would NEVER leave this job.

Money doesn't factor into things. i wouldn't get paid more for getting the extra credential. We are woefully underpaid but are getting back on track January 1 as they finally realized they were losing people due to the fact that they didn't pay enough. So that said, i will be very happy with my new salary come January. I live in a small town so we don't make huge $$$ but very good money. I'm not interested in working for a service; this job is comfortable, pays well and I work at home anyway so that is a huge plus. At my age, I'm looking for relatively simple anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)