Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Opinions on getting CCS - sm - Susan

Posted: Sep 3rd, 2016 - 6:19 am

I have the CPC and COC credentials now. 

I do not need to get the CCS for my job.  However, I was thinking I might try for it since their is a reduced testing fee through January.  The ONLY reason I'd do it to prove I can and I don't know if that is reason enough to go through it (I know from the credentials I do have that testing is brutal - lengthy, brain busting, stressful, etc.)  

I don't want to seem like a smarty pants to my coworkers to get a third credential.  I would be the only one with three, even over any bosses I have.  I think it would come across like that, especially when only one credential was needed at my current job.  When I went for the second, I never told anyone, I just did it.  Not many people at my job had a credential at all and the hospital then required it so they had to obtain one and most went for the CCS.  Most got it but one failed.  

I don't foresee them ever outsourcing our work in my years I have left to work but I still think it is good to have every credential I can obtain to protect myself.  However, I know what I went through with the other two tests and since I don't really need to, I wonder if I should torture myself just to prove I can get the CCS. 

Just speaking out loud and wondering what others think.  I'm curious about opinions.  Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)