Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

line rate - Anon MT

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2016 - 6:20 am In Reply to: But what was your line rate before and after the mistake? - More detail - sm

There is no line rate since the grid kicked in. The base rate, if you miss any of your metrics (QA less than 10%, line rate/hour above 100 lph, Audit above 99% in a pay period, which is always 2 weeks prior to that pay period) is 8 cents/line. You can go up from there to I think 12 cents/line but you have to do nearly 900 lines per hour to get that. The other thing is that there is no set amount for VR editing. What they do is halve the lines you do for VR and roll it into the total line count...say you edit 10,000 lines in a pay period, you'll only get paid for half of those, and that would be depending on how well you meet your metrics for the week. So, basically, I always assumed 8 cents/line because they auditing staff is crazy and they SEARCH for stuff to nail you with.

I actually had one report reversed in the auditing, and the next week they looked at 37 reports to audit me with, previously they did maybe 4 or 5 a week.

They do anything they can to keep your pay as low as possible...when I have too many weeks at a high 11.40 to 12/line, the auditing people kill my pay. Welcome to life at Nuance!

I'm not trying to scare you but this is what it is at Nuance. If I forgot something or didn't explain correctly, someone let me know, but this has been my experience.

Oh, yea, and now I finally found another job with a different company doing the same work I was doing at Nuance...lol...and I literally mean the same work...no stress and no more dread and stomach upsets every day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)