Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Transcription is dead. - Kathleen

Posted: Jun 21st, 2016 - 10:37 am In Reply to: HELP- Trying to get into the MT field- work from home - Sierramerch

Medical transcription is a dying industry. It is very difficult to learn on your own and most hospitals and clinics outsource their work now. Transcription companies have found out how much to pay for work so that it comes out to about minimum wage. They want transcription or VR experience, medical language experience, and speed and they pay only .4 CENTS PER LINE FOR VR and .8 CENTS FOR TRANSCRIPTION. I started out in 1999 at .12 cents per line. These companies will not waver in their payscale. I honestly don't know who they find to work for this. I worked as a 911 operator for awhile and am now a scribe for a busy medical office. Scribing is the future. I definitely recommend against going to a school to learn medical transcription.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)