Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Help... - MT

Posted: Jun 16th, 2016 - 8:22 pm In Reply to: HELP- Trying to get into the MT field- work from home - Sierramerch

I knew the second I saw your post that you were going to be met with these responses. I have been doing MT for 15 years, and these same kind of responses have been coming since I started, and here it is 15 years later and I'm still working. While I agree that there may not be as many good jobs as there once was, you can still get a job, you can still work as an MT, and you can still find a good job as an MT. Now, with that being said, the jobs aren't as plentiful, and there are probably about 300+ people applying for every job you are, so you have to be good at what you do. Is it possible? Yes, but you have to know that you are good. If you go into this, you have to know that you are great at spelling, great at grammar, and fast at typing. If you do not possess all of these skills, then heed the advice of these other people and don't bother because the competition will be fierce. There are more than just hospitals that you can work for though. You can go to school and seek out general transcription jobs if you can't find a medical transcription job, and the schooling will give you the knowledge about formatting and things you might not know. You also don't have to work for an outsourcing company, or a hospital for that matter. You can go directly to small firms and try to land your own accounts like I do. There are companies that you wouldn't think of that need typists with a medical background. Transcriptionists might not make $40,000 to $80,000 a year anymore, but if you are happy with $20,000 or so, then go for it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)