Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

IC v. Employee v. Statutory Employee - MTSOMgr

Posted: Jan 28th, 2016 - 3:13 pm

I will be honest, I am an account manager for a very small MTSO.   I don't visit mtStars very often, only checked today to see reaction of Nuance MTs to article regarding the hiring of 3000 foreign workers.   As I read through some of the posts, I see IC's stating they get vacation pay, holiday pay, that they have to work schedules, perform quotas, punch time clocks...etc.   How can this be?  

I see the MT rate falling faster and faster along with the line rates being offered to customers dropping as well - some of this is due to offshoring, but I have to wonder if some of the low rates offered to MTs and incorrect classification of your employement status is being allowed simply because you don't want to kill the one thing that is bringing you a paycheck.  I get that - but it still doesn't make it right that they are skipping out on contributing to your social security benefits as well as your opportunity to collect unemployment benefits as your account gets shipped overseas.

I am certain this conversation has taken place on this site many times - but my burning question is has anyone tried to resolve this with the MTSO that they work with?   Have any of the whistleblower IRS forms been filled out and sent to them for investigation of the company - if so, has anyone seen a change?  

I don't think, well, I hope that this hasn't become a standard practice in the medical transcription world - if so, it helps explain why the prices keep dropping lower and lower. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)