Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Well, darlin' I've been in this biz a bit longer than you - ALA

Posted: Oct 5th, 2015 - 3:28 pm In Reply to: Ummm who said I needed that much training? I have 20 years - sm

and let me tell you what my vast experience has taught me... an MT with 20 years experience, uhem such as yourself, shouldn't require more than a few hours of training. I would assume with 20 years experience you have a firm grasp of terminology, style and format, you have an ear for the many different ESL dictators and should have very little to no trouble assimilating to whatever dictator is thrown at you, and at the very least you can read and comprehend account specs.

Basically, Miz 20 years experience, your training requirements should be limited to a general overview of the platform on which you will transcribe. QA should have to check a few reports for content and format which should be stellar since again I assume with 20 years experience you can read account specs and have a firm grasp of what is expected.

So I stand by what I said, 40 hours for training an IC would be a terrible waste of money for any MTSO and if that is what you require, then you are a waste of time and money.

Again, good luck with bringing down NEMT. You'll certainly need it. An independent contract, by definition, should not require any training. Like someone posted below, when I hire an electrician or a plummer, I don't pay them for training. I assume that they know what they are doing. I think most people would assume the same thing. NEMT probably realized their mistake after your first day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)