Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

IC benefits - cerina

Posted: Jul 26th, 2015 - 6:39 pm In Reply to: My tax guy fills in all the paperwork with me sitting there, then he e-files - it and it is done. nm

You pay more taxes as an IC, but you can take an in home business expense which helps some, but you're still paying a lot more taxes. One thing I like as IC, at least with the companies I am working with now, is I can take off when I want, and I'm not limited to how many personal time off hours I might have, which at first are hardly any at all. I like that freedom of telling them when I want to be off or need to be off. I hated it with Nuance telling me I didn't have any time off hours, etc. when maybe I needed to be off, very inflexible they were. Also, I think with IC, you usually are not set in stone as far as how many lines you have to transcribe per hour or day, or at least with the 2 jobs I have I am not right now and I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't like a lot of restraints and rules. If I do something wrong, they let me know though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)