Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

cover all hours, sure but... - fairness

Posted: Aug 17th, 2015 - 4:47 pm In Reply to: If you want to be IC but dont want to work the hours they need, you are free - to say no thanks. They have to know sm

If a company doesn't have enough people on or TAT to give the IC some flexibility in their day, then they shouldn't be hiring ICs but "employees". I see nothing wrong with them asking people to work during certain parts of the day or evening to get those hours filled by different people but to ask them to stick to certain hours is not flexibility. Also, how is it "flexibility" when they let you pick your hours to start but then you have to stick with those same hours day after day? I did that with my employee status job. A lot of employee status jobs let you do that, so that's not any different. When people look for flexibility in an IC job, it's ongoing flexibility they want, not just initially picking the schedule and sticking to it like an employee for years on end. There needs to be some advantage to giving up vacation/sick time, holiday pay, insurance...which is supposed to be flexible hours.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)