A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

word help - EGFR ____ wild type - sadie

Posted: May 23, 2013

This is a rad/onc report. Here is the sentence: "...woman with stage IV non-small cell lung cancer with neuroendocrine features, EGFR _________ wild type." The blank s/l either "and AOK" or "NAOK" Any clues anyone? Thanks in advance :)

Found an ALK - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Found reference to EGFR and ALK wild type, but onc is not my strong point, so not sure if correct or not.

Could very well be - I'll listen and re-post :) Thanks! NM - sadie

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thank you - sadie

[ In Reply To ..]
That was what he was saying - thank you so much for helping me hear it!

ECOG - oldie

[ In Reply To ..]
Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group classification. Wild type is correct. Google ECOG.

Not ECOG - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
ECOG does not make a bit of sense in this context. It is EGFR ALK wild-type.

oops - I meant EGFR and ALK wild-type

[ In Reply To ..]
I left out the "and." Also, wild-type is hyphenated. Sometimes can include EGFR, ALK, KRAS, NRAS wild-type.

Similar Messages:

ASR Gone Wild
Jul 10, 2013

Whenever the word "present" is dictated, we automatically get a bolded heading: "HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS:"   Can anyone explain how the program is "trained" to do this.  Kinda scary!   ...

Red Headers Gone Wild
Mar 31, 2013

inserting themselves and changing whole blocks of text to red. Very hard to undo. Just started today. Is it April 1 in India yet? #%*%^&%% ...

Coding Board Gone Wild!
Mar 23, 2014

While I am enjoying all of the new posts on this board, I have to admit it's a lot to read/take in! As a recent coding grad who passed both the CCS and CPC, I just want to say good luck to all the new posters in your coding studies. It won't be easy, but you can do it! ...

EGFR Testing Showed That She Was, "while Tapping Off" Was Positive.
Jan 07, 2014

Bone marrow biopsy at showed no evidence of malignancy; however, her right-sided lung mass, as well as her R4 lymph nodes and all other samples, were positive for metastatic adenocarcinoma.  "EGFR testing showed that she was well typing off was positive." or "EGFR testing showed that she was, while tapping off, was positive."  ...

WordMedBiz...Joker's Wild! IC, Set Schedule 6-7 Cpl IC!
Apr 25, 2014

Shows how much mental health has progressed over the years when this ad shows how much they care.  One would need a psychiatrist in thinking that this is a great job...oh, and if you don't pass, you are lucky to wait 6 months to take it again.  Sweet! ...

EditScript V9 Wild Card For Doc Search
Oct 09, 2014

Proper Way To Type A Word
Feb 08, 2010

Just wondering...what is the proper way of typing CO2? ...

Any Companies Where You Just Type Into Word?
Jul 24, 2010

Are there any companies left where you just type the reports into word? Or close to it? I'm looking for a part-time IC position like this, without the headaches of learning oodles and oodles of Account Specifics, adding attendings, intricate software, etc. Please name some companies like this for me. ...

Word Help: Type Of Swelling
Aug 05, 2010

Dermatologist says patient has "folliculitis type dermatitis.  He gets it on the hands, abdomen, even face hairs, and now he has one at left infraorbital area", then s/l  ferathemous or therathemus "swelling or pain".... I've been searching but haven't found the right word yet...anyone know what this is or can point me to a good place to look further? thanks, Cindy ...

Word Help-type Of Eye Procedure/exam
Mar 28, 2010

Pt with probable conjunctivitis.  I suspect this is something I know but am just not getting it.  "She has a clear cornea on s/l "bal-ma-scopy."  ...

____ Ranger Symptoms?
Oct 03, 2011

Patient has a head injury, and doc says he has no s/l "left oh ranger" symptoms.... can't get a handle on this one. Thanks in advance! ...

Word Expanders - How To Make The Expansions Type
Jun 30, 2010

I am having a brain malfunction.  I cannot remember how to make the expansions type.  For example, tp for the patient,  it will not type out the patient.  What is the control for this?  Thanks. ...

Please Help With This (fast Food ____ S/l Jonara)
Mar 31, 2011

Typing a SOAP note for a local physician and I know I have heard this word before but do not use it everyday and it is just not clicking this morning!!!  He is telling the patient to stay away from fatty foods and he uses this word in a sentence telling him to "Stay away from the fast food ____ (sounds like jonara or ganara)"   TIA! ...

Hemoglobin And Hematocrit WAS ____, BUN And Creatinine WAS ___
Mar 26, 2013

I've heard all the docs saying this... even ones whose grammar I don't need to normally correct.  Have I been wrong all these years in thinking with an "AND" there would make the correct phrase "WERE" ...

____(s/l) Ee-day-o-lus Test Is Negative. Re: Hips - SM
Feb 13, 2015

patient is seen for functional intoeing.  She has mild physiologic valgus of both knees, a little bit more so left than the right.  She has full flexion and extension of the hips.  ____(s/l ee-day-o-lus) test is negative. ...

Peripheral Pulses Are +2 In Posterior And Tibial ____
Jun 22, 2010

NM ...

The Attachment Of The ____(s/l Adra-dramatus) - ORTHO
Mar 03, 2015

There was a small area of desmoid irregularity in the posterior distal femur and also a little bit of edema at the attachment of the _____(s/l Adra-dramatus).   TIA ...

Sarcoidosis Diagnosed By Mediastinoscopy With Negative ____ Scan.
Nov 04, 2009

the blank sounds like a one syllable word thanks much, Abby ...

The Patient Had A Postop Postdelivery Complication Of ____ (s/l Ana-ma-tray-us) And Had To Have D&am
Aug 26, 2010

thanks!!! ...

Instant Text, Shorthand, Fast Fox, Smart Type, Word Autocorrect
Apr 25, 2012

Need help choosing a new word expander!  TIA!  :) ...

A "wild Pad Ant" Enteroenterostomy Was Found In The Jejunum At 60 Cm From The Incisors.
Feb 28, 2012

Pt with gastric cancer.  On endoscopy, a __ (wild pad ant) enteroenterostomy was found in the jejunum at 60 cm from the incisors. ...

Doc Dictates "F" Word, Direct Quote, In Psych Eval? How Would You Type?
May 18, 2012

I'm typing a psych eval. Doc  dictates the patient states "I don't give a f**k" I can't find the rules for typing profanity in BOS, but I did find in the psych eval section to type it as quoted. Anyone else know any different??? ...

"Blood Pressure 164/96, ____ 75" S/L Full Or Flow??
Sep 14, 2011

Doc says, "Blood pressure repeat with a manual cuff is 164/96 ____ 75." Could be full or flow?? TIA! ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Doctor Says RF X3. Do I Type RF X3 Or Type Out Refill X3
Jun 23, 2010

nm ...

If It Is Dictated Type 2 Or 3 Acromion, Do You Type 2 Or 3 Or II Or III?
Sep 08, 2010

TIA ...

HELP: If ECG Is Dictated, Can I Type As Is, Or Type In Full?
Nov 09, 2010

If ECG is dictated, can I use the abbreviation, or type in full? ...

MMSE Is Pertinent To "an Abunzant" Type Dementia Of Alzheim'er Type. :/ ESL
Apr 22, 2010

MMSE is pertinent to "an abunzant" type dementia of Alzheim'er type. ...

Type 2 Or Type II Diabetes
Nov 20, 2009

Which is the correct way to type...type 2 or type II diabetes? tia. ...

Anyone Type For Silent Type?
Aug 10, 2010

Wondering if anyone out there has any feedback about working for Silent Type?  I have done the test and have been told I will interview in two weeks when the position becomes available... I think there is a mandatory 2 day training in NJ?  Anyone done this and survived?  How's the pay?  I was considering going to work for MedQuist because they are taking over one of my current IC accounts but after reading in the MedQuist section I think I'll skip that one.  Th ...