A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pedal edema? - NewMT

Posted: May 14, 2010

In this physical examination, it sounds like it is being dictated, "Both upper and lower extremities with (s/l pedal) edema."  That doesn't seem to make sense, but perhaps I'm wrong...what other word could he be saying instead of pedal?  He pretty much mumbles his way right passed it.

Could he be saying "pitting"? Pedal edema would apply only to the feet. nm - Sims

[ In Reply To ..]

If I can't find something better... - NewMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought it might be pitting for a second, but it really sounds like the ending sound is an "l" so I was looking for something that may make sense that sounds more like pedal. He does speak very quickly and mumbles a lot, so pitting is also a possibility.

Pitting certainly makes more sense than pedal, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
however, if you are not absolutely sure you should leave a blank.

No, Pedal edema is perfectly fine. It is a valid designation - bobo

[ In Reply To ..]
of an edema.

Similar Messages:

Edema S/L RH HER LIT THUM
Jan 29, 2012

I can't understand my dr. for the life of me.  I don't know if he's trying to say a medical term or if he's just talking.  In the HPI he says "No increased swelling, but she has horbbile edema S/L RH HER LIT THUM."  I could use any help y'all could give.  Thanks so much in advance. ...

Edema Classifications
Dec 23, 2014

Hi there! I have always been taught that for edema classifications to use, for example, 2++, as opposed to just 2+.  Clarification please and thank you! ...

'protracted' Bilateral Leg Edema
Feb 14, 2011

'protracted' bilateral leg edema Does this sound correct? I can clearly hear that in the dictation to me but my tired ears and eyes do not think it is right. Thanks!   ...

Free Tibial Edema?
Jun 30, 2011

sentence s/l:  Trace pretibial and free tibial edema. Does this sound correct? I have not been able to find any definition of "free tibial." ...

Sounds Like Corporal Edema
Aug 22, 2014

This is referring to the lower extremites in a patient with urosepsis ...

There Was No Optic Disc Edema Or *ellodation*?? Thanks. Nm
Jan 31, 2010

nm ...

HEENT Exam: S/L No Peri?? Edema
Feb 19, 2010

doc states...HEENT is unremarkable. No proptosis. No S/l peri?? edema. I definetly hear the peri...just not sure what is next.   ...

Extremities: No Rubs, Cords, Or Edema
Nov 20, 2011

Does this look right? Extremities: No rubs, cords, or edema.What are rubs and cords in the extremities?Thanks ...

Venous Stasis Edema..please See Message
Jan 10, 2012

The doc consistently says venous stasis edema.  However, when I look it up, I find that they are two different things, i.e. venous stasis AND edema.  Which is correct?  TIA ...

Diffuse (type/tight) Edema
May 26, 2013

bibasilar crackles and diffuse (s/l type/tight) rhonchi   ASR typed tight  ...

S/l Hypo-al-pulmanemia?? Patient With Peripheral Edema...
Nov 27, 2009

Patient with glioblastoma multiforme and peripheral edema in lower extremities...   "Patient does not have (hypo-al-pulmonemia) or any other obvious reason for peripheral edema." ...

Foot Pedal Vs Wav. Pedal
Jul 19, 2011

I am a recent grad and have my foot pedal from school which is an Infinity In-USB-2. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between that and a wav. pedal? I have tried testing on several sites that require a wav. pedal and my pedal will not work on these. Any thoughts? ...

Difference Between A USB Foot Pedal And An Infinity Foot Pedal?
Sep 10, 2010

Is there a difference between a USB foot pedal and an Infinity foot pedal?  I have a part-time job that lists equipment needed as an infinity foot pedal, I have an USB one that worked fine to take the test, if there is a difference then I need to order one fast. Thanks. ...

Extremities Reveal No Edema, S/l "palpilitter Occipital" Pulses.
Oct 23, 2009

This doc is talking fast and I can't figure out what he is saying.  Thank you for any suggestions.  ...

Diffuse Cerebral Edema With Loss Of The Normal S/l "so-ki"
Oct 13, 2009

Any suggestions? ...

On Exam, There Is 2+ S/l "Barnigs" Extremity Edema Bilaterally.
May 27, 2010

a ...

No "perival" Edema Under HEENT - Sm
Jan 05, 2010

Definitely starts with a "P"  No Paraval edema?  I don't hear scleral. Please help!  Thank you.  ...

Sock-o-Sock, SockuSock??? (for Edema)
Mar 19, 2013

Got an Asian doc who is always prescribing "Sock-o-sock" or "SockuSock" for edema.  That's exactly what she's saying.  Any ideas?  Will go with sock-on-sock for now, but that's not really what it sounds like.    Thanks.  ...

PEDAL
May 03, 2011

Hi,   I have a problem using my pedal with other programs, other than the company I work for.  I have lost a lot of jobs, cause I can't get it to work with any other program.  I have had suggestions made, but to no avail.  Does anybody have the time to tell me what to do to solve this problem?  I do have Escribe and that doesn't seem to matter.  am I maybe bypassing a step that you need to download to use the pedal?    Thanks  ...

What Would Be The Best Foot Pedal?
Oct 30, 2009

Hello.  I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the best footpedal to buy.  I am just getting back into transcription after being away from it for several years and I am not very technologically bright :-)  I don't have any clients yet but I would like to have a wave pedal or foot pedal ready for whenever I do find a client.  What would be the kind that would be the most versatile and go with most platforms/systems?  I have Windows Vista.  Any advice ...

S/l Pedal Arcade
Apr 28, 2010

peroneal artery supplying blood all the way down to the foot with improvement in the pedal _______ ...

UPDATING WAV PEDAL
May 17, 2010

I have a Wav pedal 5.5.  Some of the files my company sends I cannot open because it s too old.  THey said I need to upgrade.  Can I go on thier site and just update the software for free. ...

Reprogramming A Wav Pedal
May 31, 2010

My wav pedal is programmed to work with Express Scribe.  Is it possible to reprogram it entirely to work with another program?  Thanks! ...

Using Foot Pedal...Help!
Jun 24, 2010

I'm over testing for the Q on their test site and thought I had installed my foot pedal but it's not working.  Does anyone know how to use your foot pedal on the test rather than that silly F1 function key to start and stop the audio?  I'm afraid I'll be here all night getting 5-6 words at a time with the "hand" method as opposed to the "foot" method, LOL! Any suggestions greatly appreciated...Grazi! ...

USB-1 Or USB-2 Foot Pedal
Jul 11, 2010

I've got a USB-2 foot pedal here, brand new from Martel Direct, as part of an all-in-1 kit.  Some job listings specify a USB-1 foot pedal; others just say USB foot pedal. Is there a huge difference between the 1 and the 2 versions? ...

Pedal Pulses
Jun 16, 2011

how do I transcribe pedal pulses?  Sounds like 2+/4+ bilaterally - I can't document this anywhere ...

PEDAL NOT WORKING
Jun 02, 2011

I have been doing transcription for 9 years.  I have worked for 4 large companies and I had no trouble using the pedal for them.  However, when I try to do a test, etc., for another company, the pedal will not work with the files that they send me.  What is wrong?     Thanks, ...

Anyone Use USB And 9-pin Foot Pedal?
Jul 05, 2011

Hello, I had to get a 9-pin foot pedal for a new job. I configured it but now my USB foot pedal will not work on Express Scribe. How do I get both of them to work? Thanks, ...

Ikm Foot Pedal
Sep 19, 2011

I am switching computers and cannot get my foot pedal to work.  I believe I need to download a driver, but am not exactly sure which one I need.  It is a serial to USB connection if that makes any difference.  Cannot find any model number, etc, on my pedal.   I work with the I Know Med system.  Can anyone out there help this frustrated MT??? ...

FOOT PEDAL
Jan 30, 2015

Hello - I have a question - im trying to pick out an MT school and I have just talked to one of them that said they do not offer a footpedal because they believe the footpedal will be obsolete in a few years.  Now I have never ever heard of this before but thought I would check with you all to see if anyone has ever heard this and what software programs actually allow you to work without a footpedal.  TIA ...