A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

laparoscopic surgery - fifth or fist abdominal pressure? - TIA

Posted: May 15, 2013

nm

Could you please provide more context, sentence, etc? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Next, a pneumoperitoneum was created with carbon dioxide and position was further confirmed with f__ - ty

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

its usually opening pressure but - I dont like to

[ In Reply To ..]
give bad information, so maybe someone else will have the answer. Could even be 15 opening pressure.

I am not a student, I have 40 years experience and have - never heard this phrase before - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Maybe forced or fist pressure? Can you get into old notes - and see what is usually said? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
Or even '15 mm of pressure' w/o abdominal being heard NM - Wandering
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Snits In Abdominal Surgery
Mar 30, 2011

Anyone heard of "linea alba lifted between snits" in abdominal or liver surgery?  Is it an abbreviation?  Thanks. ...

Surgery For Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Jun 15, 2010

Sounds like hypigastric??? ...

Abdominal Surgery Word/technique
Jun 17, 2010

Percutaneous gastrostomy procedure, same word used twice: "A good light reflex was noted on the anterior abdominal wall. A 1:1 (S/L boh-lowt-ment) was directly visualized." and again "A transverse incision slightly to the left of midline was made where a good 1:1 *** was visualized." I know they use ballottement in obstetrics, and it sounds similar to that, but more like boh-lowt-ment. Also the 1:1 is dictated "one to one" I am assuming it is typed as above, but not sure since I&# ...

Performing Finger Fracture (?) In Abdominal Surgery
Mar 15, 2013

Op Report for open sigmoid colectomy.   ...the mass almost felt concrete over the sacral promontory. A lot of (s/l finger fracture) was performed in this manner, taking care not to enter the retroperitoneal space or structures bilaterally other than the sigmoid. Have not been able to confirm this term. TIA for any help! ...

Plastic Surgery: Measures Excess Abdominal Tissue, "ptongee"
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

S/l Vesiseal Stapler Or Vestiseal Stapler (colon/abdominal Surgery)
Mar 25, 2014

x ...

Abdominal Surgery S/l "dij" Adhesions
Dec 18, 2012

Abdominal surgery for lysis of of "dij" adhesions and stomach repair. Could this be "digestive" adhesions?? "digestive tract" adhesions?? ...

Normopressure, Normo-pressure Or Normal Pressure
Jan 29, 2010

hydrocephalus?  ...

Ever Heard Of "cherry" Dressing, Surgery Report, Not Pressure Dressing, TIA Nm
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

Patient Fist Is
Feb 10, 2014

running an ad starting yesterday. Why they have so much problem with finding qualified MTs?   ...

Kudos, High Five, Fist Bump To All The Comics And Sarcasm
Apr 03, 2014

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making me smile or LOL or ROFLMAO during the mundane hours I must do my best to crank out tedious medical records faster than a speeding bullet for the pittance Nuance gives us.  It is wonderful to see we have not lost our humor in our downward spiral of being outsourced to the outsource companies. Now I will probably be fired for openly admitting I see what's going on in "our world" during work hours. ...

Laparoscopic Appendectomy
Jan 08, 2010

dictating a laparoscopic appendectomy and as a heading it s/l he's saying "prosthetic device:  None."  or "prostatic device:  None." ...

511 Laparoscopic Port
Jan 29, 2010

511 port 5/11 port 5.11 port not sure which laparoscopic port ...

Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Jan 06, 2012

The gallbladder was then removed from the liver bed using cautery.  The gallbladder was extracted in an Endo Catch bag. The  *section* was lavaged with saline.  After ensuring adequate hemostasis, the pneumoperitoneum was deflated.   Does this sound right?  (I don't have a lot of experience with this type of procedure) ...

Op Note Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Sep 09, 2010

Laparoscope is placed through the sheath to envision the abdominal organs.  The patient has no signs of free fluid.  (S/L) Calderi  can be seen below the right lobe of the liver; the liver otherwise is normal. ...

Potential Complication From Laparoscopic
Sep 23, 2010

"Risks, benefits, and potential complications were discussed with the patient, in particular _________ (s/l  *tomboy buttock*)  phenomenon".     (Pt. is a male). ????? ...

Fish In Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Nov 14, 2010

The doctor was using a "fish" in the abdomen during a laparoscopic cholecystectomy.  Have never heard of this before and cannot document it ... Can someone help? ...

Anesthesia For Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy S/l Park
Feb 22, 2010

anesthesia for laparoscopic cholecystectomy, s/l park ...

Laparoscopic Endometriosis - Veress Needle...?
Feb 23, 2011

This is for laparoscopic ablation of endometriosis and bilateral tubal cystectomy. A Veress needle was advanced thus starting partial (___), approximately 4 liters of CO2 gas was used to create a pneumoperitoneum. s/l it starts with an "r" - sort of like report. Thanks!! ...

S/l Eskalat Grasper During Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
Oct 23, 2013

nm ...

Review Of Systems - No Pain To Fist Palpation Over The _____ _____ Or Spinous Process
Jan 08, 2013

BACK: No pain to fist palpation over the _____ _____ or spinous process On this one it sounds like he is saying "costal fistulae"??? Any thoughts? ...

Blank Sonic Device In Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
Oct 28, 2013

working on a laparoscopic hysterectomy. It sounds like he is saying serosonic device.  looking at all the old reports it is Sonicision device.  BUT he is NOT saying that.  When I listened to the old report just to see if he just does not pronounce it correctingly, I hear the Sonicision in that report.  In my report, he is clearly saying ____ sonic device.  not harmonic.  not sonicision. The ____ sonic device was used to take down the fallopian tubes, then the Gyru ...

Pressure
Jul 31, 2013

You know this is some food for thought.  You know if there are any mistakes on any of these medical records being VR edited or transcribed and it went to court and you know how they say the transcriber/editor would be liable too, well think about this -- the tremendous amount of pressure that these companies put us under including the severe lack of pay, putting us on an almost impossible production scale among pressures from QA and so forth, a transcriber's defense is so easy and is a ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Eyeball Pressure
Jan 26, 2011

This is the sentence  ~~  s/l "Trigonese" pressure appears elevated at least greater than 15. Any idea WHAT he is saying?? ...

Mean Wedge Pressure Of 70?
Jul 29, 2011

Mean wedge pressure of 70?  Doc has southern accent and I'm not finding a lot on echocardiogram mean wedge pressure of 7 or 70?  Possible 70? Thanks ...

CPAP Cm Of Pressure
Dec 04, 2012

When doing CPAP titrations, Dr states "CPAP was initiated at 4 cm of pressure".  I have seen different ways to transcribe this, either as written or 4 cm/H2O.  Which is correct?  ...

Why So Much Pressure About References?
Jan 18, 2015

I'm baffled...I applied with Patient First through Careerbuilder.  I had recruiters pursuing me for months, I get back to them and they tell me I'll be coming to Virginia for testing that I did awesome on the first test, yada yada yada...then I get a call from HR because I didn't fill out the profile on the Patient First website, and now they're all gung ho about references!  I worked at the same MTSO for over 6 years - there's a lot of turnover in MTSO's, ...

Pressor/pressure Support?
Dec 11, 2009

Patient is on ventilation and having multi-system failure.  Doctor is saying he is requiring increasing pressure/pressor support.  It sounds like pressor, but thought it could also be pressure.  I'm finding both around and am wondering which is correct. ...

S/l Plidasoid Blood Pressure
Jun 04, 2010

patient had tightness in chest.  Dr. states "At that time, his s/l plidasoid blood pressure was 103."  ...