A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

female's social history, dr clearly said Patient lives at home with her wife. I left it SM - what would you do?

Posted: Jan 17, 2015

Did not know if gay marriage was legal in that state (PA)  but it was certainly what was said.,, so I didn't want to flag it either.  Fortunately, I no longer work for Nuance.  No telling what kind of dings I wold have gotten for that.  

It wouldn't be difficult - to

[ In Reply To ..]
find out if PA has marriage equality. That might ease your mind.

See message - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Gay marriage is legal in PA as of May 2014.

I'd leave it - sm - Rita

[ In Reply To ..]
Doesn't make any difference to me what is legal in that state, in terms of this dictation. If she has a wife, she has a wife. I'd leave this up to the dictator. That said, I know we have to pay attention to the patient's gender. But the spouse's gender? I've never heard of this being a flaggable event. I'd like to hear about this if it's a real issue out there in transcriptionland.

Hey, my main accounts are in California, and I see - every possible

[ In Reply To ..]
gender combination there is. Grow up.

Similar Messages:

Social Contact And Working At Home
Jan 21, 2010

I'm strongly considering working at home. Do any of you who work at home have tips on balancing out the long hours working alone with having social contact, especially those of you who live alone or live with one other person?  I'm already an introvert to an extent but I'm nervous of the fact that if I work at home, I may become a hermit.  ...

Patient Lives In "TWO LEE" Idaho. Can't Find It ??
Oct 19, 2011

? ...

ALLERGIES None. DRUG ALLERGIES SOCIAL HISTORY
Jan 24, 2013

The dictator says ALLERGIES None. DRUG ALLERGIES---SOCIAL HISTORY He is a smoker. He works construction. He says nothing after DRUG ALLERGIES. So do I combine ALLERGIES and DRUG ALLERGIES? Or do I put None even though he did not say it? ...

Typed, "the Patient Lives With Her Son And Son-in-law"
Oct 14, 2013

Love this!  I don't live in a state that allows gay marriage so it makes my heart happy when I see it enter medical records.  The world is finally changing in a good way.  ...

Medical History: Left S/l IB Trick Tomy
Nov 15, 2009

left s/l IB or IV trick tomy ...

Past Surgical History S/l *terwigin* Removed From Left Eye?? Thanks. Nm
Jul 02, 2011

nm ...

Help! Doc Says Patient Has History Of S/l Avolutional (sm)
Sep 03, 2014

movements likely due to essential tremor.  I know volutional is voluntary but A-volution has to do with behavior.  Patient is well controlled so then I thought maybe "abolition of" but just not sure. ...

VR: The Patient Has A History Of Snorting Heroine ...
Feb 08, 2015

Which is why we still matter and why this guy can't get a date!! ...

S/l Benalyn Two Puffs PRN - Patient Has A History Of Asthma.
Oct 26, 2009

nm ...

Patient Has A Strong Family History Of Breast Cancer With Her
Oct 29, 2009

brother positive for s/l "brach-a-dean". ...

Patient With Possible Sleep Apnea. He Does Have A History Of S/l (ko-leen-al A-tree-sha.
Jan 09, 2010

Thanks!!! ...

The Patient Has A History Of HIT Positive, Hence We Could Not Start Heparin Or Lovenox On Her And We
Feb 07, 2011

xx ...

Left At Home Transcription....
Jul 02, 2011

I have been doing transcription for about 15 years now. After leaving MedQuist due to their bad management, I have been hopping around for several years not able to find the right match for me. Everything that sounds great at the beginning turns out to be the opposite. Either the pay is cut in half for their horrible speech recognition or it pays well and the program that they use just isn't very productive. I realized I had no choice but go back into the hospitals when my last position ...

Male Patient Under Past Medical History - S/l *polysectomy Nuvera*??? Thanks. Nm
Apr 04, 2010

nm ...

Patient Was Placed At ___ And Sent Home On Parenteral Nutrition
Jul 13, 2011

The patient was placed at ___ and sent home on parenteral nutrition and is readmitted for colectomy. (S/L ball rush?) ...

The Patient Had A Left Nephrectomy For S/l Mow She
Oct 09, 2014

or mul shee kidneys.  I would say mushy, but that just does not make sense. ...

I Met A Man And His Wife Today. They Asked Me What I Did For
Apr 10, 2010

a living.  When I told them medical transcription, the man said he owned a court reporting business, and he could set me up with Indian transcriptionists.  I could e-mail them my work, and they would sent back letter perfect reports.  They charge a much cheaper rate, and I could keep the difference.  After I wiped up the mess from spitting out my Coke, I politely informed him that I did not believe in offshoring.  ...

Patient Had Failure Of The Left Knee Replacement.
Feb 13, 2011

On 01/07/11, the knee was removed, resection of heterotopic bone, **excision of prior surgical scar** and insertion of an antibiotic spacer block was performed.  Questioning excision of prior surgical scar.  Does this make sense?  Thanks  :) ...

This Dialysis Patient Has An Arteriovenous Fistula In The Left Upper Arm.
Oct 20, 2009

On exam, doc says, "she has a palpable s/l furlin to the upper arm."  It could be something it was treated with.  TIA!! ...

Patient's Well-healed Incision (anteriorostic?) To The Left Knee.
Jan 22, 2010

Thank you ...

Patient Is Status-post I&D Of A **dermatoma** Of The Left Knee
Aug 31, 2011

My first thought is hematoma but really sounds like a Derm..... Thanks ...

Patient Has 2-3/6 _______ Beating Sound Left Base
Oct 19, 2012

s/l:  Patient has 2-3/6 _______ beating sound left base.  Lungs are clear ...

Patient Had I&D To The Left Hand. Plan: Cultures Were Reviewed That Show A Scant Growth Of S/l
Nov 25, 2009

nm ...

Patient Being Scheduled For A Left Total Knee Arthroplasty. "We Will Utilize S/l Depews Coordi
Dec 10, 2009

x ...

Guy Must Have 9 Lives
Nov 11, 2009

This guy must have 9 lives - shot 5 times; 3 times in extremities and twice in chest and is in good condition.  God was looking out for him. ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Our Lives Begin To End The Day We Become
Jan 21, 2013

Silent about things that matter." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. ...

Patient Is On "hospice" At The Nursing Home....
May 14, 2010

Given the patient's "hospice" situation....would hospice be capitalized in either sentence? ...

Pt Has A History Of S/l Bowel-en-i-tis Bi-mo-sis. Pt Also Has A History Of Colon CA.
Jan 21, 2010

x   ...

83 Rolled Caucasian Female?
Sep 14, 2010

Does ASR not "hear" year-old approximately 5 million times a day?  This cannot be because someone "changed it wrong" in an ASR report.  It is because it is stupid and whoever programs it is stupid.  Also it takes 6.1 about 3 seconds to change the speed in a report now - up or down.  I have to sit and wait.  Going to be a really great day.  I am sick with cold or flu and, of course, calling in sick is never an option.  Sorry, I digress.  Thanks.  Jus ...