A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ulcer debrided in a demyelinating manner? - ICantFigureThisOut

Posted: Apr 10, 2012

It actually sounds more like "ulcer debrided in a s/l dermolating manner," but I have no idea.  This doc often slurs, mixes words and makes up words, so I'm clueless here.  This is for a wound care doc in an ortho clinic.

Does demyelinating manner make any sense? 

Thanks!!

denervating process is used sometimes - jackie

[ In Reply To ..]
denervating process possibly

Dermolate? - antigeekess

[ In Reply To ..]
Could he be saying something about Dermolate? http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&q=Dermolate&oq=Dermolate&aq=f&aqi=g1g-sv1g-v2&aql=&gs_l=serp.3..0j0i10i15j0i15l2.18621l20101l3l22824l9l9l9l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0.frgbld.&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=b5e957d681cc4b67&biw=1366&bih=592

yes, demyelinating - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Is It Venous Stasis Ulcer Or Venostasis Ulcer? TIA Nm
Nov 15, 2009

xx ...

Monofocal Demyelinating...
Sep 10, 2010

"EMG - 5/09 - monofocal demyelinating s/l 'century' lesion in the median nerve near the wrist and ulnar nerve - bilateral."  I'm not sure what she is trying to say here. ...

The Loose Articular Surface Was Debrided With S/l *cinavater*
May 16, 2011

x ...

Wound Edges Were Debrided Of The S/l Fibering On Today's Visit.
Jan 14, 2010

x ...

Both Groins And Abdomen Were Prepped And Draped In The Usual Manner From SM
Jan 26, 2010

the midthigh to the s/l "zif-fus" sternum.  ...

Do Your Fingers Reach In The Manner Described In The Latest Productivity Hint Email?
Oct 15, 2013

I must have much smaller hands, because I cannot reach the keys in the manner described for the right hand. Unfortunately, I already use the other tips and use the right + left hand for shortcuts, and only thing that makes any difference is the quality of the output. I don't use the DQS expander. Can you put heading formatting short cuts in it, i.e., heading + hightlight + Ctl H? I use the old program Short Cut instead. I could put the old style heading formatting codes (/>), but I ...

Decubitus Ulcer
Sep 28, 2010

Past Medical History: The patient was treated for a (cycle?) decubitus ulcer, stage 2-3. It sounds like cycle, but google isn't showing anything for cycle decubitus ulcer. Please help! ...

S/l Sub-5, Is Ulcer To 5th Digit
Feb 15, 2011

I am on a report where the dictator keeps saying what sounds like sub-5.  He is very clearly talking about an ulceration on the fifth toe.  I've not heard this term before, maybe it is being shortened.  How do I transcribe this?  Please help if you can.  I've googled this and can't verify it.  Thank you. ...

Rubbing (?) Ulcer
Feb 28, 2013

heavy esl:   s/l rubbing ulcer, great toe. I can't find anything trying to google this.. ...

S/l Decubiti Ulcer? Is That A Word? Nm
Dec 19, 2009

nm ...

Perforated Duodenal Ulcer
Jun 02, 2010

an idial fumentum was then brought down over the closure. ...

Charcot Foot/ulcer
Nov 02, 2010

Would these things be two separate diagnoses?   Diabetic foot ulcer. Charcot foot, left, with diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Procedure was:  Excisional debridement, full-thickness skin and subcutaneous tissue, left midfoot diabetic foot ulcer. ...

Duodenal S/l Sleep Ulcer
May 16, 2012

This is dictated several times. I cannot find anything for "sleep ulcer" or "sweep ulcer." Any ideas please? Thank you! ...

Occipital Nerve Block, Kenalog Injected In A S/l "fan Ship" Manner. SM
Jul 31, 2014

A 25-gauge, 2-1/2 inch needle was then introduced and 10 mL of 1% lidocaine along with 40 mg of Kenalog was then injected in a "fan ship" manner. ...

Drug Help - S/l Pro-ban-sene. Hx Of Peptic Ulcer,
Aug 17, 2010

fibromyalgia, back problems, colitis, celiac disease and breast cancer.  Thanks!! ...

Surgery For Perforated Gastric Ulcer
Jun 17, 2011

In a verbatim account a doctor is saying "...operation for exploratory laparotomy and perforated gastric "ulcerectomy".   Any suggestions?  I cannot find an exact match for ulcerectomy...  ...

Word Diabetic Foot Ulcer
Oct 12, 2013

I am looking for help with a word -- s/l diabetic heel ulceration with "esclarification" anyone? ...

What A Day...Patient With Sacral Ulcer Excised, Doc Applied Sm
May 16, 2012

s/l clear dural dressing.  Dural has me stumped!!! ...

Sounds Like Charki Boot For Foot Ulcer
Dec 02, 2013

x ...

He Is Receiving S/l Maxer Of Silver To The Left Heel Ulcer.....
Sep 22, 2010

n/m ...

Marked In Classical Manner Of S/l "run-yo"
Jun 27, 2012

abdominoplasty surgery and status post hernia repair with palpable tacks.  Thanks! ...

A S/l "leave In" Patch For BKA Ulcer?
Dec 17, 2010

Thanks! ...