A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This is an elderly, white male in no acute distress, pleasant (this historian) - Elie

Posted: Feb 26, 2012

This is an elderly, white male in no acute distress, pleasant (this historian?).

pleasant ex-historian? Can't figure it out:( Please help?

Sensorium? - No msg.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Not sure it if it is sensorium. - Elie

[ In Reply To ..]
It really sounds like "pleasant this historian." Thanks though.

Probably "intact sensorium." See msg. - Ex-MT Coder

[ In Reply To ..]
Elie, it woul help you hear if you did not try to "force" what you are hearing into certain words. Instead of saying it sounds like "this historian" just write out the sounds themselves. No meaning, just the phonetic sounds.

We cannot tell what you are hearing if you only give us some words your mind cooked up to fit. If you think you hear something like this historian, that will get us stuck there, too.

Pleasant ex-historian makes no sense. Neither does pleasant this historian. You know those are not what you are hearing,but you are so focused on hearing those words that you will never hear what you really have.

You could also find a lot more of this if you googled it. References will also help.

Some of the things you ask about sound like student material. If they are, you should not be asking for help with them here. Whether you are or not, you have to let your ears work at learning to hear or you will never get to the point that you can do this work.

good MT advice re listening! - long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]

Suspect this person is not an MT - or is

[ In Reply To ..]
a student. These questions are so basic as to be ludicrous. We are not here to do your work for you.

pleasant, good historian - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
doctors sometimes comment on whether patient is a good or poor historian - meaning the patient can (or cannot) give a good history of their illness/complaint.

Similar Messages:

6' 8" White Male Or 6 Foot 8 Inch White Male?
Dec 09, 2009

I have not run across the patient's measurements before and have no clue of the proper way to type them. tia.   6' 8" white male or 6 foot 8 inch white male? ...

Elderly Male HEENT Exam: He Has Mild *lannel Fimur.* Thanks. Nm
Jul 15, 2010

nm ...

Patient Is An (s/l Un - Jay - Ven) White Male. Nm
Feb 03, 2010

almost sounds like unshaven but i've never heard a dictator say that ...

VOOP? She Is Not In Any Acute Distress, Although She Coughs Frequently Without Any Discernible S/l
Jun 04, 2010

Transcription in progress.  Hope someone knows what the heck this is.  ...

Wishing All A Pleasant Day And Weekend As We
May 16, 2014

only do our best, and transcribe what is dictated.  This is just a job and not what what you are; you are a human that is trying your best in an unfortuante situation, so appreciate the other wonderful things about yourself.  So hang in there, take a deep breath, think a pleasant thought when things get bad and if you have to walk away for a minute.  I wish the best for each and everyone as I am in the same boat as you. ...

I Had A Pleasant Application And Testing
Sep 23, 2014

with CBS Transcription. The recruiter provided test results which has not happened on the few times I tested for a company. Her emails were not canned text and she was quite pleasant. Unfortunately, CBS uses Express Scribe which is an AWFUL program now. I could not get the auto backstep to work no matter what I did with the settings. Not sure how one could make any money using that. ...

S/l Derry White Syndrome, And Not Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
Jun 14, 2010

Can't find this, gets infections and cellulitis because of this syndrome, TIA ...

Distress
Oct 20, 2009

transcription for physical examination: The patient is a poorly-nourished 44-year-old Hispanic male in (s/l severe desperate distress) and agitated. ...

Help! Medication S/l Dompivil??? Patient Is Elderly And Fell Sm
Apr 14, 2012

really not much medical history accept a pacemaker. ...

Respiratory Distress
Apr 04, 2012

s/l "ticket nick" for breathing problems along with retractions...can't find anything like that anywhere. ...

H&P With Chief Complaint Of Respiratory Distress
Jan 17, 2010

Plan: Admit to medical center for stabilization and evaluation.  Oxygen 2L per nasal cannula.  Theo-Dur 200 mg p.o. q. 12h to begin with.  Lasix 40 mg IV now and 40 mg p.o. b.i.d.  This is where I need help........... Digitalize, replace potassium.  Should there be a comma after Digitalize or a colon?  Thanks in advance ...

Patient Is A Pleasant, S/l "verbosa" 52-year-old ...
Mar 09, 2011

I can only find verbose (meaning too wordy) but cannot find the word "verbosa" anywhere.   Thanks for any help with this word!  ...

This Is A Middle-aged To Elderly-aged Caucasian Woman.
Jul 23, 2012

This is a middle-aged to elderly-aged Caucasian woman in no acute distress.  ...

Male Anatomy Question
Feb 27, 2013

Looking for a male anatomy term that sounds like tragus or introitus.  The sentence is "He had a Hibiclens prep and sterile draping of his abdomen, left thigh, scrotum, penis, and _____".  It sounds like he is saying introitus but with a g like introigus.  Can't find anything. ...

Where In Male PE Would You List Gynecomastia? Nm
Apr 24, 2013

v ...

Male Patient With Vaginal Flora?
Jun 02, 2010

Male patient with hematuria, with enterococcus and vaginal flora.  Does this make sense? ...

Autopsy Report Male Genital
Feb 28, 2011

Working on a autopsy report: Under the Genital System (male) all I can understand is "The tubules string well and the para (something) is brown." Not sure what the word is before brown. Someone please help!!!! ...

This Male Female Mixing Up Is Getting Worse
Mar 19, 2014

I noticed it this morning since switching,,woman clearly stated is a gentleman and the he/she her/him switching is worse then ever. AND I dont like the F4 changes extra steps that take time ...

Male Patient Who Had A Stroke, Has Paresthesias (sm)
Jul 02, 2014

and doc clearly says he suffers from PCOS. Is this an abbreviation for something other than polycystic ovary syndrome that I don't know about??? Thanks so much if you can help me here! ...

13-year 2-month-old Male How Should I Type It
Jun 05, 2015

Hello everyone, appreciate some opinions on this.  He states 13-year 2-month-old male but I am not absolutely positive on hyphenating this, not use to them dictating the years and the months. ...

GU Exam On Young Male S/l Smoral Ring
Jan 27, 2010

Gu exam on 9 year old. s/l smoral ring was palpated and no masses felt. ...

How Would You Type For Verbatim Acct, 87- Almost-88-year-old Male?
Sep 16, 2011

.. ...

Hyphenation - The Patient Is A Right Handed Or Right Hand Male
Jan 23, 2014

I have had so many responses to this from others.  For this sentence:  The patient is a right handed or right hand male.  Do we hyphenate between right and hand/handed or not?  Also, if the sentence reads:  The patient is right handed.  Do we hyphenate between the two?  Thks. ...

Infant With Respiratory Distress Syndrome "QSR"
Jul 04, 2013

Baby has respiratory distress syndrome and was given what sounds like "QSR" or "que-ess-arr." Don't know if this is an acronym or a drug or what. Any help very much appreciated. ...

Male Patient Under Past Medical History - S/l *polysectomy Nuvera*??? Thanks. Nm
Apr 04, 2010

nm ...

White Count Help
Dec 30, 2009

Doctor is stating "white count is down to 24,000.2" (twenty-four thousand point 2).  How would you transcribe this.  TIA ...

White Count
Jun 14, 2011

when doc says white count of 5.3 this is to get expanded, is that correct? Also is it expaned to 53,000? ...

What's With The White Spaces In The Audio Bar?
Sep 08, 2010

Before, when I would upload a job, the audio bar would be completely blue. Now there are tons of white spaces in it.  Does this indicate time that the dictator was not talking, or is this a way for them to see how many times we lift our foot off the pedal? ...

White Talo Brittle?
Sep 20, 2010

During examination of the foot.  Doc says "Nails short, mildly dystrophic.  S/l white talo brittle.  Appear to be recently trimmed." ...

S/l Coloso White Matter Changes
Nov 29, 2010

"There are no periventricular or (coloso) white matter changes".  TIA! ...