A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pulmonary Function Test FEF 25-75% - Nina

Posted: Dec 03, 2013

What is the correct way to transcribe FEF 25-75%?  Since the BOS says to write percentages 25% to 75% instead of using a dash, is that how the name of the test is supposed to be transcribed, FEF 25% to 75%?

FEF 25%-75% - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
No message

i have always used 25%/75% - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

I always use to instead of a dash 25% to 75% - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

the OP wrote it correctly - 25-75% - not a BOS matter

[ In Reply To ..]
You use the standard for the test. They are not saying the range is somewhere between 25% and 75%. They are saying there are points on the scale - with stopping points at specific intervals - between 25 and 75.

So 25-75% means that the test was given at the interval of 25 and at the interval of 75.

Per Wikipedia:

Forced expiratory flow (FEF) is the flow (or speed) of air coming out of the lung during the middle portion of a forced expiration. It can be given at discrete times, generally defined by what fraction remains of the forced vital capacity (FVC). The usual intervals are 25%, 50% and 75% (FEF25, FEF50 and FEF75), or 25% and 50% of FVC. It can also be given as a mean of the flow during an interval, also generally delimited by when specific fractions remain of FVC, usually 25ΓΆ€“75%.

NOT correct per Mmodal standards - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
25% to 75%, both need % signs, and no dash if there is symbol associated with the number.

Similar Messages:

LF Function On A Stress Test?=Editing
May 07, 2013

What is "moderate LF function" on a nuclear stress test? I am editing a report. Thank you. ...

Liver Function Test S/l Serumelous And Normal
Jan 15, 2010

any ideas what serumelous could be? ...

SoftScript Acute Care Test - Function Disabled!
Dec 03, 2012

I am attempting to take the SoftScript acute-care test and have received 2 separate links to the online test, which seems to have a drop-down feature for their multiple-choice questions.  However, the drop-downs don't work (I've tried accessing the test using several web browsers), and when I right click on the test, I get the message "Function Disabled."  Has anyone had the same problem, and, if so, what was your solution?  Thanks in advance for any ideas. ...

Under Pulmonary S/l EDI Ratio 1.5:1.
Jan 19, 2010

Under pulmonary in PE it s/l EDI ration 1.5:1. ...

Pulmonary Nodules
Mar 22, 2010

biopsy filamentous bacterium question Nocardia versus s/l actino ...

Pulmonary Issues
Aug 31, 2010

I'm having huge problems with this pulmonary dictation.  "Chest CT 2010, no interstitial fibrosis.  Mild linear (s/l clinical) scarring in the lower lobes, right middle lobe, and lingual. PFTs-moderate restrictive lung disease.  (s/l Mild decrease and diffuse in capacity.)  Repeat PFTs - no significant change - (s/l duke) pulmonary - diffusion problem.  (s/l also 2 homo 2.) Desats." On the 'also 2 homo 2', she does seem like she is stumbling over her word ...

Pulmonary Prostheses?
Aug 31, 2010

"She continues to require O2.  She did see a pulmonologist who agreed with the management of pulmonary s/l processees.  She feels that her left arm is actually less stiff now that she has had the EMG." I was wondering if the word could be either processes or prostheses.  This is a rheumatologist, so she doesn't cover much on the subject of the patient's pulmonary issues. ...

Pulmonary Hypertension...
Nov 06, 2010

"Lower extremity edema - pulmonary hypertension.  Most likely s/l 'claws up'." ...

Is It Really 'deb' Pulmonary Emboli?
Jan 25, 2011

Here is what I hear... I have ruled out associated aspiration pneumonia and s/l deb pulmonary emboli.   ...

Pulmonary Question.
Apr 06, 2011

Right upper lobe anterolateral segment irregular noncalcified mass, size 2.5 cm with a pleural tag and local pleural inflammatory reaction versus infiltration with possible small right S/L *PRE-CORE-I-NAL" at 2 o'clock, small lymph node as well as a right lower lobe prominent pulmonary artery. ...

A History Of S/l MSE Pulmonary
Sep 18, 2011

could be MSC or MSE pulmonary.  Thank you for any help. ...

Pulmonary Dictation
Jun 18, 2014

What I hear: Moderate cylindrical bronchiectasis with normal alpha92%, subchloric and the IDG studies.   The highlighted words I cannot figure out. Help please! Thanks! ...

S/l Flonil For Pulmonary Hypertension
Dec 15, 2009

Grateful for any help.  S/l Flonil, flonel, flonelle ...

Radiology Help Re: Pulmonary Nodules
Jun 09, 2010

This pt has pulmonary nodules.   As dictated:   Repeat CT of the chest shows no change in these bilateral small areas of s/l ground valescent opacification.  and I repeat...I am not a radiology MT and appreciate your help!!!!!! ...

BOLT (???) For Pulmonary Fibrosis?
Sep 22, 2010

I have a dictator that is saying "status post _____ for pulmonary fibrosis" numerous times during this report.  Sounds like she is saying "BOLT"????  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance :) ...

S/l Pulmonary Tool Vent
Jun 18, 2011

Doctor is performing a median sternotomy and it s/ he says Pulmonary tool vent was placed. What could this be? Thank you! ...

Pulmonary Emboli, Embolus, Embolism
Dec 14, 2009

How do I tell the difference?  I'm getting confused on -us and -ism.  If a diagnosis dictated is "No evidence for pulmonary emboli" would it be the -us or -ism? ...

Pulmonary Medicine Consultation Report
Jan 17, 2010

The patient is referred with fever, chills and progressive shortness of breath with a history of IV drug abuse and alcoholism.  The patient is a poorly-nourished 44-year-old Hispanic male in "s/l seria desperator" distress and agitated.  Could the doctor mean severe respiratory distress? ...

S/l CTAPSE Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic
Mar 17, 2010

"CTAPSE ??? or CTA PSE was reduced 1.3 to 1.6  (Sounds like he is saying TAPS...???   Tricuspid annular plane systolic excursion (TAPSE)  - BEX ...

Tik-It-Nea ? Pulmonary- Patient Complaining Of Tick-it-nea?
Sep 14, 2010

Speaking in a patient with COPD and on examinatoin he is saying,.. The patient is complaining of tik-it-nea. This is an ESl doctor.   THanks. ...

Pulmonary Status Evaluted By S/l Cans?
Feb 11, 2011

Her pulmonary status was evaluated by s/l "cans" to look for pulmonary emboli.  He is not saying scans.  TIA ...

S/l Chlorix Catheter. This Is A Pulmonary File.
May 24, 2011

s/l Chlorix catheter.  This is a pulmonary file.  It may be some kind of a chest tube, but i cant find it anywhere.   ...

On Pulmonary Exam S/l No Eedae Or Gothy
Jul 28, 2011

This doctor is doing a pulmonary exam and says "no eedae or gothy" and I'm not familiar with these words and have not found anything remotely like this.  It is possible she is describing heart sounds as she is bouncing all around in this dictation.  HELP! ...

Pulmonary Hypertension Sildenafil And S/l Lethyrus
Feb 03, 2012

Patient has pulmonary hypertension and is on sildenafil and s/l lethirus. What is it??  I feel like I should know what this is, but I just can't get it.  Can anyone help? Thanks. ...

Pulmonary Findings S/l Desenal Adenopathy
Feb 22, 2012

"There is diffuse s/l desenal adenopathy."  This is a heavy ESL dictator, so if someone could even point th way to what kind of adenopathy or lymphadenopathy someone with lung problems might have, I'd appreciate it. ...

Where Is The Search Function?
Oct 15, 2009

Can anyone tell me how to find the search function? It's probably staring me right in the face, and I just don't notice it. ...

Search Function
Oct 18, 2009

why is there no search function on here? ...

USING THE BREAK FUNCTION
Nov 10, 2009

Have you ever used the break function simply because you had a dictator that was so horrible that you got frustrated and sent it back?  I know that we are not supposed to do this and that MQ supposedly keeps track of how many breaks we use but I have to admit I have done this no occasion.  I had a report so bad a couple of weeks ago which was over 1000 seconds long and an ESL doctor, not to mention scratchy sound, etc.  About halfway through this thing I had already spent nearly 2 ...

F5 Function Not Working
Feb 17, 2010

Is anybody else having problem with checking statistics using F5. ...

Anybody Else Having Trouble With Cc Function?
Aug 18, 2010

As soon as I do cntrl L to put in a cc, I get an error message and DQS shuts off.  This is the 5th time it has done it. Waiting for tech support, thought I'd ask while waiting. TIA ...