A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Are ortho grades and types Roman numerals or Arabic - TH

Posted: Oct 26, 2010

Are ortho grades and types Roman numerals or Arabic? 

Ortho grades - Stargazer

[ In Reply To ..]
Roman, grade 1, II, III, etc. Type 1, II, III, etc. LeFort 1, II, III, etc.

Ortho grades - TH

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks...that is what I thought. Thank you for confirming :-)

why is it arabic for 1, and roman for II, III, etc? - ?

[ In Reply To ..]

It isn't.. If it is Roman numerals, then it is all - the way through, I, II, III, etc. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
yes... - but the original answer mixes the two
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Sleep Stages - Roman Or Arabic Numerals?
Aug 05, 2012

All literature, including internet, seems to use arabic numerals instead of Roman numerals. Cannot identify who originated sleep stage classification to definitively determine which. Anyone out there know? ...

How Do We Write Stages Of Labour? ARABIC OR ROMAN NUMERALS?
Jul 23, 2014

how to write stages of labour:  stage 1,2,3 or I, II, III? ...

Roman Numerals As Ordinals - Sm
Apr 16, 2010

Anyone got a solid reference for this?  D:  "Exam reveals a sixth nerve palsy." Does it stay as an unadulterated Roman numeral ("...a VI nerve palsy"), get a superscript "th" (which formatting our system doesn't retain) or does it change to word (as above)?  Thanks! ...

Are Cranial Nerves No Longer Roman Numerals?
Feb 25, 2015

xx ...

Question About Grade, Arabic Or Roman...sm
Nov 01, 2012

I was always taught that grade is always arabic and stage Roman but someone recently told me that is not the case for orthopedic terms, grade III spondylolysis and grade III medial meniscus tear.  Does anyone know if this is correct? ...

Kidney Disease Class -- Roman Or Arabic?
Oct 29, 2009

I've seen kidney disease classifications both Arabic and Roman.  Which is correct?  I've been using Arabic, but I just had an editor change a report to Roman.  I'm confused and can't find it in BOS2.  Thanks! ...

Cranial Nerves - Arabic Or Roman #s - ADHI?
May 20, 2010

I need documentation about cranial nerves.  Got QA edited from using roman numerals, i.e. cranial nerves II through XII versus cranial nerves 2 through 12.  According to my notes, either is okay, but QA said preferred way is 2 through 12, and I got "edited" for it.  Ugh. Anybody?  Thanks.  ...

Neck Dissection Levels - Arabic Or Roman? Nm
Oct 10, 2013

. ...

Obtuse Marginal Branches - Roman Or Arabic Numbers?
Feb 24, 2010

Is it "left circumflex obtuse marginal II" or "left circumflex obtuse marginal 2"?  Thanks.  ...

Stage Kidney Disease - Arabic Or Roman? (not Cancer)
May 26, 2013

Nothing in BOS, at least that I could find. Couldn't find anything on Loma Linda University site. Don't recognize the Google hits for arabic.  Anyone know?  Thanks.  ...

Fluoroscopically Target Starting At Level I - Arabic Of Roman?
Jun 26, 2015

Also this is treatment for renal calculus, I guess lithotriptsy, but in the name of the procedure he mumbles something starting in what S/L "He______".  Any ideas.  Thank you!  ...

In The Sentence: "Step 2 Heart Healthy Diet." Should The 2 Be Arabic Number 2 Or A Roman
Jun 03, 2011

In the sentence: "Step 2 heart healthy diet."  Should the 2 be Arabic number 2 or a Roman numeral II? ...

Ortho Types
Jan 10, 2012

Is it type 2 spondylolisthesis or type II spondylolisthesis? Thanks ...

Stage Vs Stage/ Roman Vs Arabic
Oct 01, 2013

Is stage capitalized or not as a general rule?  What about as it pertains to renal?  And do we now use arabic or roman numerals?  - perplexed!  Thanks for your help!! ...

How Should Numerals Next To Numerals Be Written Out For Medications?
Jun 20, 2012

Doc dictates "omega-3 1000 mg, vitamin B12 1000 mcg, vitamin D3 2000 international units" My feeling is maybe it should be expanded to "omega-3 one-thousand mg, vitamin B12 one-thousand mcg, and vitamin D3 two-thousand international units," but that feels wrong.   Anyone have any suggestions? ...

Grades
Jan 25, 2011

Is it grade 2 spondylolisthesis or is it grade II spondylolisthesis? ...

Any Other VLC Students Having Problems With Accessing Grades,forums Etc.
Dec 23, 2009

Haven't got any feedback from instructors in weeks and any emails to them are returned with "permanent fatal errors". Found 2 other students with the same problem as of today. Would like to know if there are any others. If anyone is affiliated with the VLC school on here I would greatly appreciate some answers. I'm getting really frustrated because I'm nearing the end of the course and have invested $1500.oo and almost 2 years of my time. To wind up with nothing to show for it at ...

Andrew Students. Just Wondering If You Would Like To Share What Grades You Are Getting On The Codin
Dec 04, 2011

Can You Combine Numerals And # In A List?
Aug 08, 2012

can you mix them, or do they have to be all numerals or all #?  thanks ...

Types Of Biters
May 13, 2010

What is a type of biter that starts with a P used in a chondroplasty operatoin? ...

The Types Of Jobs I See A Lot Of....
Aug 02, 2012

I make it a habit to check job boards and listings every day.  A couple of places I check a lot are Indeed and Craigslist.  (I know Craigslist jobs have to be taken with a grain of salt because some of them are scams.) This is kind of interesting to me: For some reason, I notice a lot of jobs at veterinary clinics and chiropractors' offices.   It's just curious to me.  Are these two types of businesses doing so well that they're always needing more help, or a ...

ER Work Types
Apr 24, 2013

Hi, I've been an MT for 8 years, but have never, ever typed ER reports.  My company has been very slow and I was applying for other jobs and my supervisor just told me she has another account she can add me to and it is an ER account.  I'm not sure why I never thought about it before, why ER reports don't get in the regular pool like the rest of the hospital, but was just wondering, is a strictly ER account usually good work to do?  Are they just your typical transc ...

Types Of Consolidation
Feb 23, 2015

My dictator says something that sounds like "he had some creer consolidation on his chest x-ray." Any insight? Thanks in advance. ...

Work Types, Which Get You Most LPH
May 27, 2015

Just curious. I see where many transcribers are getting 200-400 lph and I wanted to know what work types they work?  Have they had the same account for a long time.  What is the secret to getting  up to 400 lph?????   ...

Work Types
Jun 10, 2015

Here's an idea: How about if dictators are responsible for keying in the RIGHT work type instead of transcriptionists wasting time trying to figure out which one to use, or getting an audit back telling us we used the wrong one when the dictator had keyed it wrong? ...

Liver Segments Numeric Or Roman Numeral?
Apr 16, 2012

Does anyone know if it matters if the liver segments are roman numerals or numeric?  If you know the answer, give reference to where you find it.  Thanks ...

What Types Of Forceps Are Used That Start With T?
Nov 09, 2009

what types of forceps are used that start with T?  He used closed _________ forceps??? ...

Types Of Scissors During Surgery
Feb 28, 2010

Does anyone know if there are surgical scissors called man scissors or something sounding close to that???  Thanks in advance!!! ...

Work Types Question
Aug 19, 2010

What are examples of transcription work types? ...

Capitalization Of Virus Types
May 03, 2011

ECHO virus Type 9 and Coxsackie Group A, Type 9 can produce meningitis and petechiae. Should the words "type" and "group" be capitalized? ...