A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

After bypass, patient had an atrial "clearing" device put in. - Jude

Posted: Oct 31, 2009

After bypass, the atrial "clearing" device was put in.  He had a pleural effusion that was drained.  He had a recent x-ray that was okay.

Thanks for any help.

Jude

Hi, I can reference both a St. Jude and a Medtronic.....sm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
clearing device for the atrium after bypass surgery. Hope this helps!

Thanks very much! - Jude

[ In Reply To ..]
Appreciate your time and help.
Jude

I cannot document a St. Jude or Medtronic "atrial clearing device" ... - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
I am aware that Medtronic and St. Jude are in the cardiac device business, but I am not familiar with an atrial clearing device.

Consider "aortic filtering device"...sm - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Patient Had Stroke And Is Being Tested For Atrial Fib, Sm
Mar 27, 2015

Doc says s/l "numa" stroke data suggests evaluation..... ...

Need Help-Patient Undergoing _____ Atrial Flutter?
Nov 02, 2011

I'm stuck on one of my assigments for a Holter Monitor Reading. All I can hear is "this is a 48-year-old patient undergoing _____ atrial flutter." It sounds like he is saying "equito" something, but he's talking so fast I really have no clue. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

List Of Meds For Patient With CHF And Atrial Fib. Include Med S/l Petazopral.
Aug 11, 2011

Any help appreciated.  Thx. ...

Fem-fem Bypass Patient Presents With "ABIs"
Jan 28, 2010

x ...

Aortouniiliac Device Or Aorto-uni-iliac Device
May 27, 2015

hh ...

Clearing Up VR Training Confusion
Nov 13, 2012

We need to clear some things up for new people, or those who have only done straight MT and will soon be doing VR.  VR DOES NOT require special intensive training, other than, of course, you still need to know how to be an MT.  That being said, make believe you typed a letter in your word processing program and you noticed a ton of errors when you went to proof it.  You would just fix them, right? It's the same thing, only if you're using the mouse, you would need to l ...

Hypophthalmos? - Not In Stedman's Ophth. But Doc Is Clearing Saying It
Dec 16, 2009

He has clearly used this word several different times, but I don't see it in Stedman's Ophthalmology- help please? TIA ...

Clearing Past Employers' Software Off My Computer
Nov 16, 2012

Unfortunately, I have failed to contact the IT Departments of companies on-line I have worked for transcribing medical dictation after I have left their organizations and asked them how to remove their software.  How do I identify and remove any old software from these companies?  They don't seem to mind their software is on my computer, but I think it is probably time to delete it.  I am having trouble reaching these people as some of the companies are no longer in business ...

Fem To AT Bypass???
Aug 29, 2010

xxx ...

ISO Biliary Bypass
Apr 03, 2010

He has had an s/l ISO biliary bypass.    ...

A New Bypass Technique
Jun 30, 2011

Has anyone ever done a "pneumograph tunnel technique" for operation entitled  Two-vessel coronary artery bypass grafting.   2-vessel coronary artery bypass grafting?  Preop is left main coronary stenosis. ...

Atrial Fibrillation
Feb 17, 2010

doc states: plan: to give the pt Labetalol, s/l tuck ekg, test field, and labs. ...

ASR's Version Of Gastric Bypass
Jan 13, 2010

Actual dictation:   Gastric bypass. ASR:  Pastry bypass. I suppose if you bypassed enough pastries, you would eventually lose a little weight.  ...

Coronary Bypass Operative
Dec 31, 2010

A reverse saphenous vein graft was then constructed to the third obtuse marginal, brought to the circumflex using running 7-0 Prolene for old distal anastomosis and probing old distal anastomosis prior to completion of _______ (s/l    d-cert they were paytent??).  Cold blood cardioplegia was given through each vein graft with the completion of the distal anastomoses. I have hilighted the areas that I need help with.  Any suggestions?? ...

PE Atrial Lemer Of The Lungs?
Aug 24, 2010

No oral cavity lesions.  S1,S2 is audible.  s/l (atrail lemer)___ of the lungs good air entry bilaterally. ...

Dulum In An Atrial Line
Feb 23, 2011

doctor is saying what sounds like "placement of a DULUM in the right atrial line."  this is a Fontan procedure.  any ideas would be appreciated. ...

S/l Ventricular/atrial Fibrillation ? Sm
Oct 28, 2012

Sounds like he is saying ventricular/atrial fibrillation, maybe ventriculoartrial fibrillation? I am unable to verify this condition. Can anyone help?   ...

S/l Single Side Bypass Graft?
Jun 20, 2011

Single [side] has been bypass graft from aorta to right posterior descending #1 coronary artery. Doctor rushes through. I am not positive of what he says and cannot reference this. ...

Gastric Bypass Surgery - Postop
Aug 11, 2012

Dictated:  She thinks that during her pregnancy she "overate the pouch"... and can now eat larger volumes. Is "overate the pouch" correct?  He says it pretty clearly and I just want to make sure. ALSO:  Is it endoluminal or endolumenal Thank you. ...

Atrial Ventricular Block Question
Feb 21, 2012

There is a first-degree atrial ventricular block.  There is one beat with a variant conduction, perhaps an intermittent right bundle branch block.  Does this make sense?  Thanks.   ...

Gastric Bypass: Is It XL/accel/excel Port?
Nov 12, 2009

Using a 10 mm camera and an 11 mm __XL/accel/excel__ port, I was able to enter the abdomen under direct vision. ...

Do I Wirite Renal Artery-bypass History Like That?
Feb 13, 2012

I have renal artery bypass history and aorto femoral bypass graft surgery and I am not sure where to hyphen them. ...

PMH: Atrial Fibrillation For Years And No S/l Thera-scronic Cardioversion.
Aug 09, 2011

cardiology is not my specialty... :-)  TIA ...

EEA Device
Nov 09, 2009

We accomplished this by placing in the purse-string of the biliary pancreatic limb the anvil of the 25 mm EEA s/l "eptikine" device. ...

Thrombectomy Device
Dec 03, 2009

Haven't heard of this one:  X-TRACTOR thrombectomy device?  "....crossed the occluded area going all the way distal to the posterolateral branch.  Next, using XTRACTOR thrombectomy device" ... Doc is saying is with emphasis making me think it's a brand instrument? anyone?  extrator device? or Xtractor?? ...

Tie Knot Device
Dec 11, 2009

How do you type Tie Knot device (fundoplication surgery) TIA ...

In Seal Device?
Feb 09, 2010

A laparoscopic in seal device was used to mechanically score the medial aspect of the sigmoid mesentery immediately caudal and cephalad to the inferior mesenteric artery ...

Guidant Device
Mar 05, 2010

S/L guidant "presumed" device.  Anyone have a clue? ...

Ancure Device
May 26, 2012

Hello All, If a doctor dictates endoluminal Ancure device 26 x 16...is that mm's, cm's or 26 mm x 16 cm. I tried to research online, but there isn't much help on this. Thanks for your time ...

S/l Ocomentis Device/see Msg
Jun 03, 2012

Hi all. I have an ESL dictator giving me a little trouble... We then performed a right hepatectomy in the usual fashion using a combination of Bovie electrocautery, (s/l) ocomentis device, and stapler for the hilum. Any help is greatly appreciated! ...