A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Acute bony injury?/Mild facet arthropathy?/abdominal aorta? - cwc

Posted: Dec 03, 2010

Can you please tell me if the words in the parentheses sound correct? Also, I wanted to know if I should put a comma before which?

(Acute bony ) injury is identified. (Mild facet arthropathy) is noted bilaterally at L5-S1. There is calcification in the wall of the distal (abdominal aorta), which appears to be minimally dilated.

Thanks

Acute bony injury - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I would listen again to the acute bony injury and make sure the doctor isn't saying "No" acute bony injury. If he doesn't repeat that in the impression, the chances are it is "no" acute bony injury. The other two sound correct.

Reply to sm regarding "Acute bony changes" - cwc

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for the clarification. I saw in the IMPRESSION section that it does indeed say "No acute bony changes." So, I went back to the middle of the report to change it. That helps a lot.

I would do it like this - Deb

[ In Reply To ..]
Acute bony injury is identified. Mild facet arthropathy is noted bilaterally at L5-S1. There is calcification in the wall of the distal abdominal aorta, which appears to be minimally dilated.

and yes those words sound correct :)

Similar Messages:

Acute Kidney Injury- Treatment Of "slad" Or Hemodialysis
May 20, 2010

x ...

Hip Arthropathy X-ray Findings
Dec 15, 2011

Doctor dictates:   Radiographs show a right total hip arthroplasty that is in place and demonstrates good alignment and version. I clearly hear "version."  Is this term used to discuss x-ray findings for a total hip arthroplasty?  To what does "version" refer? Thanks! ...

CTA AORTA
Feb 04, 2013

FINDINGS: There is a right ____Axem____ graft which is normal enhancing. No thrombus is identified in the Axem___ graft. Accend graft Axem graft. Anybody know? thank you : ) ...

Therex Bony Putty?
Mar 09, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of this?  It's being used in neck surgery and sounds pretty clear - like Therex - but I cannot verify it anywhere.  Thanks. ...

Chiquita Clamps On The Aorta?
Jul 12, 2013

Clamping the aorta for repair of aortic arch.  Chiquita sounds clear but I cannot find any information about it. ...

Facet Vs Facette
Jan 15, 2010

Good morning, all. ASR keeps typing facette joint.   I was always trained that it is to be spelled "facet".  Am I wrong? Thanks so much.  ...

Facet Injection Word Help
Jan 07, 2010

Doc is saying "Once within the facet joint, Kenalog, Marcaine, and lidocaine injected into the facet joints and another portion injected at __ point."  It sounds like he is saying Brogda's or Bogda's or something along those lines, and I have tried searching it many different ways, but just haven't come up with anything.  By the way, it's in the cervical spine, if that helps at all.  Thanks in advance! ...

Cervical Facet Injection - Need Help With This Word Please
Jun 21, 2011

This is a cervical facet joint injection and doc says "Once within the facet joint, a combination of 40 mg of Kenalog, 1 mL of Marcaine, and 1 mL of lidocaine was injected intraarticularly and then at ____ point."  It sounds like he is saying "Brogda's point" and he is saying this rather clearly.  I posted this question once before about 2 years ago and someone suggested Gerota's point, but everything I find on Gerota's tells me that it is near the kidneys and not the ne ...

Is It Facette Or Facets,,,as In Plural Of Facet
Apr 05, 2012

x ...

"hypertrophic Bony S/l Pleurifrid Changes"
Sep 11, 2010

"Spondylosis is seen throughout the cervical spine, manifest as hypertrophic bony (S/L pleurifrid) changes at the facet joints and uncovertebral joints contributing to neural foraminal encroachment." Thanks! ...

Mild To Moderate
Oct 12, 2009

I am confused with the rule and cannot find an answer in the AAMT BOS 2. In the sentence, "The pain is mild to moderate" do you hyphenate this or not? It does not modify a noun immediately following it, but is there another rule or reason to hyphenate. I want to hyphenate it but am not sure.   ...

S/l Mild Activities
Sep 01, 2010

A bone scan shows some mild s/l activities or activity to the superior acetabular labrum.  It does not show any evidence to suggest loosening or osteomyelitis.  TIA. ...

S/l Mild Arcinelle...thx For Any Help!
Feb 16, 2011

"There is mild arcicinelli.  Funduscopic examination was not done." ...

Mild And Primitive Near Vision
Mar 19, 2012

any suggestions?  Vision screen:  sounds like "Mild and primitive near vision"  thanks! ...

Mild To Moderate Htn Or Plaque Or Anything
Aug 28, 2013

Lately, I have been getting dinged for not putting hyphens in mild/moderate to moderate/severe plaque or moderate to severe htn or mild to moderate anything.  I don't understand why we would need hyphens.  In that case, shouldn't "anything to anything" need hyphens? ...

There Is Mild Increase In The Nasopharyngeal S/l Torrus With SUV Of 6.6. TIA ~nm~
Oct 27, 2009

xx ...

Uterus With Mild S/l Condroital Intraction
Jul 16, 2010

Under physical exam, uterus atrophic with mild s/l condroital intraction. ...

MRI - This Did Show Some Mild To Moderate Changes With A Grade I
Jul 04, 2011

with s/l parafusion of the disc space.  TIA   ...

There Was A Mild (s/l) Refractavera Difference Between His Two Eyes
Sep 07, 2012

Physical exam. diabetes patient There was a mild (s/l) refractavera difference between his two eyes. ...

Orthopedics: I See No Progression Of The Mild Grade 1 VSD Distally. She Does
Nov 05, 2009

have varicosities, but there is no progression....I did talk to her about swimming and cycling as other activities to maintain quad strength and keep her weight down for both her joint disease as well as risk of VSD. I can not figure out what VSD stands for.  He says it very clearly.  All my searches turn up ventricular septal defect, but his use of the word "distally" makes me think he is not talking about that.  Plus, this is an orthopedist. ...

Hyphen - Mild-to-moderate Hearing Loss
Mar 31, 2010

Is mild-to-moderate hearing loss correct or should it be mild to moderate without the hyphens? ...

He Has Mild Corneal *clotting*. He Can Finger Count. Thanks. Nm
Dec 04, 2010

nm ...

S/l Mild Pressure Dressing--optho Op Note Nm
Oct 16, 2012

nm ...

Degloving Injury
Sep 06, 2012

Degloving injury type 4 or IV. This always gets me. ...

Has Anyone Tried This For Back Injury?
Oct 11, 2013

Has anyone tried transcribing from a laptop away from their desk at home, maybe from the couch or in a reclining position while recuperating from a back injury? I recently injured my back. On days off when I'm not sitting in my office chair, I feel much improved. But as soon as I sit down to work, the pain returns like the day I injured it. Even with taking frequent breaks to stand up and walk around, I can barely stand up straight or walk after my shift and feel like I return to square ...

Mild Skin Irritation Along The Nasal Vestibules And Minimal
Apr 09, 2012

x ...

Need Help With Ankle Injury - Peon Or P1???
Dec 16, 2009

The doctor is either saying the patient has a peon or a P1 ankle injury or something like that but I can find neither after a thorough search.  Can anyone help?  The fx is in slight varus  if that helps.  Pt. has had external fixation.  Patient has a type III-A injury.  Any clue? Thank you so much for any help you can provide.  Have a great night!  :-) ...

Pt With Left Knee Injury. Is Getting Into The Cab In An S/l
Apr 13, 2010

x ...

-ology Of Head Injury
Apr 19, 2010

The word s/l nephology or fology.  It is not etiology or epidemiology.  The sentence is -   I have had the opportunity to discuss ____ology of head injuries, risks, etc., with the patient.   I'm drawing a complete blank and any help is greatly appreciated. ...

INJURY WITH A HARO DISC ?
Aug 27, 2010

It was a harrow disc (piece of farm equipment).  He injury to the haro disc and not by a harrow disc and that is what threw me off.  Thanks ...