A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Facet vs facette - Vikefantam

Posted: Jan 15, 2010

Good morning, all.

ASR keeps typing facette joint.   I was always trained that it is to be spelled "facet".  Am I wrong?

Thanks so much. 

I have always used facet too. - jk

[ In Reply To ..]
It is not in my medical dictionary and an online dictionary says: See facet.

It is facet - dictator accenting fa-CET

[ In Reply To ..]
I bet if the doctor pronouned it FA-cet, ASR would get it right.

dumb ASR.

Similar Messages:

Is It Facette Or Facets,,,as In Plural Of Facet
Apr 05, 2012

x ...

Facet Injection Word Help
Jan 07, 2010

Doc is saying "Once within the facet joint, Kenalog, Marcaine, and lidocaine injected into the facet joints and another portion injected at __ point."  It sounds like he is saying Brogda's or Bogda's or something along those lines, and I have tried searching it many different ways, but just haven't come up with anything.  By the way, it's in the cervical spine, if that helps at all.  Thanks in advance! ...

Cervical Facet Injection - Need Help With This Word Please
Jun 21, 2011

This is a cervical facet joint injection and doc says "Once within the facet joint, a combination of 40 mg of Kenalog, 1 mL of Marcaine, and 1 mL of lidocaine was injected intraarticularly and then at ____ point."  It sounds like he is saying "Brogda's point" and he is saying this rather clearly.  I posted this question once before about 2 years ago and someone suggested Gerota's point, but everything I find on Gerota's tells me that it is near the kidneys and not the ne ...

Acute Bony Injury?/Mild Facet Arthropathy?/abdominal Aorta?
Dec 03, 2010

Can you please tell me if the words in the parentheses sound correct? Also, I wanted to know if I should put a comma before which? (Acute bony ) injury is identified. (Mild facet arthropathy) is noted bilaterally at L5-S1. There is calcification in the wall of the distal (abdominal aorta), which appears to be minimally dilated.   Thanks ...