A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

19 French "channel" drain? - KyMT

Posted: May 12, 2011

It sounds like he is saying channel drain during a GI surgery.  Has anyone ever heard ofa  channel drain or do you know of a good website that lists various surgical drains and their names?  I'd be very grateful for any info. 

Thanks so much!

I have pasted info on a Jackson-Pratt, sm - jmn

[ In Reply To ..]
Jackson-Pratt®

The innovative design and superb performance of Jackson-Pratt® wound drainage systems deliver significant advantages for your surgical team and patients alike.

Jackson-Pratt® Complete Closed Wound Drainage System
This system includes PVC and silicone drains (in an assortment of flat and round sizes), T-tube drains, small and large volume reservoirs and complete kits of preferred components.

Jackson-Pratt® Channel Drains
Multiple channels allow for better drainage when compared to traditional perforated drains.

Splittableâ„¢ Wound Drains
This unique drain (which comes with heparin treatment) splits down the middle to form two drains so that drainage is possible from two areas of the same surgical site.

Hemaduct® Flat and Round Wound Drains
Hemaduct® flat and round wound drains are designed with a system of multiple channels and lumens, interconnected through a series of internal portals.

Similar Messages:

Feeding Tube - 40-French? I Only Remember Typing 20-French. SM
Nov 12, 2010

A 20 or 40-French feeding tube was connected to the oral end of the guidewire, which was pulled back and the feeding tube pulled behind it.   TIA ...

#24 French
Feb 21, 2010

What is the correct way to type #24 French chest tube - #24 or No. 24 French? ...

9.5-French Or 9 1/2-French?
Nov 16, 2012

TIA ...

Why Do We Hyphenate 7-French, But Not 7 Cm
Nov 17, 2012

x ...

French Fry Anus
Nov 15, 2010

How ASR got that out of "fenestration" is beyond me.  That's the kind of crap I slogged through over the weekend. And also my personal favorite, the guy who starts every sentence over 5 times. "She said that she said that the patient reported she reported The patient reported that last Wednesday she felt last week she she noted The patient reported "= through the whole report, all in glorious ASR ...

S/l Tor-day Day French Adenocarcinoma
Jan 14, 2011

My dictator is an ESL who is usually very clear, but I can't get this one. I think she is saying "tor-day day French adenocarinoma of the lung. Thanks for any help. Jeannie ...

24 French Send
Feb 02, 2011

fem-pop bypass:  doc saying 24 french "send" very clearly.  I tried to make myself hear "stent," but that's not it.  books are still in storage, cannot verify "send."  Anyone?  TIA ...

New French Doctor
Jan 29, 2012

Okay, we've got this new French doctor at one of my hosptials. When I transcribe his dictation, in my head, I'm transcribing dictation form Gelles Marini from Brothers and Sisters and Dancing with the Stars. He's hard to understand, but I'm in love with him. LOL. It's a nice break from the other ESL doctors from the Middle East. I respect that they are learning English and I am sympathetic, but they cost me so much money because with some of them, I earn about $4 an ...

French Scale
Jul 15, 2014

In transcribing 6 French something, is a hyphen required? ...

HAP Drain?
Feb 27, 2012

Can't seem to find an "HAP" drain.  I am sure I heard correctly.  "She has an HAP drain in place, which she has been taught how to empty." ...

A 36-French S/l Vizza G-tube
May 19, 2015

Sleeve gaastrectoomy procedure.   We then used serial firings of the Endo-GIA stapler to create a sleeve around a 36-French s/l Vizza G-tube.   ...

Drain Type
Nov 24, 2009

Is it a Stavol or Stadol drain? Surgery is appendectomy and I cannot find either on google. ...

Drain Tubes?
Dec 03, 2010

I'm typing an operative report...the doctor recorder is playing VERY fast and I'm trying to decipher what she's saying. 'Two mediastinal drain tubes were brought in from the subxiphoid region, the tip of the left side directly under the thoracic cavity' ...

S/l Camino Drain
Apr 16, 2011

The patient underwent a temporal lobectomy and also had a decompressive laminectomy and s/l Camino drain placement.    ...

Surgical Drain
Apr 20, 2011

OR report for lumbar laminectomy.  A S/L DP Mac Drain was placed overlying the laminectomy site at L5-S1 and a superficial Hemovac was placed in the subcutaneous tissues as well. Thanks in advance... ...

Snyder Drain ?
Jul 30, 2013

snider or snyder drain? Thanks :) ...

There Is A New Kind Of Drain Out There
Feb 06, 2015

NOT.... Dictated: required her placement onto midodrine ASR: required her placmeent on tomato drain. Folks, you can't make this stuff up ...

Gallbladder S/l Bili Drain
Nov 03, 2009

The patient underwent interventional procedures including chest tubes and a gallbladder s/l bili drain. ...

Flapjack Compressed Drain?
Nov 12, 2010

it sounds like: A 10 mm flapjack compressed drain was brought up through a separate stab wound incision... ...

Are Transcription Jobs Going Down The Drain?
Oct 25, 2012

I work at home for the local hospital/clinic and have for the last 12 years doing transcription.  Now all of a sudden we switched to a new system and a lot of the doctors are doing voice recognition and we are doing more editing of reports than typing.  Also, I used to work a solid 8 hours a day from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  Now I have to get up at 4 a.m. to grab work till about 8 a.m., and then there is no work till around noon.  Even after that it is sporadic, hit and miss.&nbs ...

Time Give Away = Money Down The Drain
May 20, 2011

Is anyone else fighting back against all the time we are expected to give away?  Every time they ask us to sit waiting for work to come in for 15 minutes, they are only paying minimum wage for your state.  If you are making more than this with your calculated base, they are cheating you!  I lose approximately $7 dollars an hour when asked to wait.  I for one have had enough!  Pray for me, as I may push this to the limit of losing my job, but when you think about it, that ...

S/l Chronic Small Drain Hepatitis B
Feb 15, 2012

s/l Chronic small drain hepatitis B ...

Sounds Like *Avens* Drain Placed In The Abdomen. Nm
May 17, 2012

nm ...

A 7-French _____ Catheter Was Passed For Right Heart Catheterization.
Apr 06, 2011

Hi Everyone, a 7-French _____ catheter was passed for right heart catheterization. Sounds like "hoojalico" Thnx ...

Parathyroidectomy - S/l Fluted Blake Drain Was Placed Through A Stab Incision Into The Nec
Jul 28, 2010

The 7  s/l fluted Blake drain was placed through a stab incision into the neck. ...

Two Drain Tubes Put Into Thoracic Cavity After Removal Of Teratoma
Mar 01, 2011

I have a foreign doctor who descibes two chest tubes put in, one with the tip showing under the left, the right thoracic cavity (s/l) sustaining its own. Anyone have an idea? ...

Pt Has A "throm And Topical Pad" Applied To Chest Wall Drain.
Aug 08, 2011

She does demonstrate some previous bleeding from the posterior chest wall drain site that has a stitch in place currently.  She has a thrombotopical pad applied to her anterior chest wall drain site.  ...

S/L French "Furman" Pigtail Catheter....
Jan 04, 2010

The patient is a 12-year-old with SIRS.......cannot locate in Stedman's or Tessier or online... S/L could be Furman, Frumin.......????      ...

10 French Worley System For Pacemaker. Worley Or Wurlee Or ?
Aug 05, 2010

Is it WORLEY or WURLY or ?  Need help with this. Thanks ...

SL 6-French "PINOT" Guiding Catheter
Nov 15, 2010

Anyone every heard of this catheter 6-French sl Pinot guiding catheter?  I have looked everywhere and cannot find it.  Thanks! ...