A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Outlook 2013 email question - KC

Posted: Nov 19, 2013

Hope someone can help me with this one.  I recently updated to Windows 8 and Office 2013.  As of about five days ago my deleted messages are NOT showing up in the deleted items folder.  Not sure if I inadvertently changed a setting, or what the problem could be.  I'm using Comcast email, IMAP account.  

Thanks!!! 

Try this... - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
Go into your e-mail program under Tools,Options then choose the Advanced tab. See if you see a box that says something like "use delete folder with IMAP programs," and make sure it's checked.

I may be wrong, so you might have to noodle around a bit in there.

Not sure... - KC

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure I was in the right place, but I tried to find what you suggested and didn't come up with anything. Thanks so much for replying!! I'm still pretty unfamiliar with the whole Windows 8 set up, as well as the new Outlook....

Any other suggestions?

Sorry, but... - Maybe someone more familiar

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, I wish I could help more. I was just going by my old Windows and Outlook program.

Good luck. Maybe you can google the question. Sometimes that helps, though you can be brought to parts that want you to practically reconfigure your whole computer, so be very careful and try to keep it simple. (I may have exaggerated about reconfiguring, but things can get scary---less is more, so weigh out your priorities!)

Similar Messages:

I Have XP And Sometimes When I Am In My Outlook Email It Will Say I Am Low
Jan 27, 2013

on virtual memory but the last time it wouldnt let me open emails because of that and then I rebooted which I dont do often and it worked.  No clue.  I think a lot of this happened since upgrading to IE8. ...

Looking For A User Friendly Email Program Other Than Outlook, Any Suggestions?
Jan 26, 2012

I currently have Outlook 2010 on my PC and I HATE IT!  I can't save any contacts.  I keep getting a message that says I don't have permission to save to that folder or something to that effect.  It's has an obnoxious toolbar at the top of the screen that I have to study every time I need to perform any kind of action.  I really just want something simple.  I don't have Outlook Express on my PC which I would use if I had it.  I've been looki ...

Oh, BROTHER! AHDI's Email About ACE 2013
Apr 05, 2013

AHDI is encouraging me to seek financial support from my employer so I can go to the annual convention this year.  Is this email a joke?  I can't even make a living wage from my employer so I can eat and pay the bills.  What's wrong with these people??? ...

A Different Outlook
May 27, 2013

My thoughts:  I completely understand where you are coming from when you complain about how bad ASR is -- it is horrid -- BUT, on the other hand, if it were really great, we would have no job. So, as far as I am concerned, I will keep on making the corrections and hope it never improves.   ...

Future Job Outlook
Feb 09, 2010

I'm currently an MT, wanting to change careers.  In your opinion, what are the chances of coding going the way of MT with outsourcing to foreign countries and/or technology cutting back the number or coders needed? Any opinions would be appreciated.  I'm thinking about starting classes. ...

Setting Up Outlook Express
Feb 15, 2010

I need help setting up Outlook Express from scratch.  I need help with everything.  I guess I am really dumb. ...

Job Outlook For Medical Transcriptionists
Mar 24, 2013

http://bls.gov/ooh/Healthcare/Medical-transcriptionists.htm ...

Opinions On Course Of Study And Job Outlook?
Mar 31, 2013

Usual story -- I loved MT, but I'm about to be laid off and know another MT job would probably pay minimum wage (if that!).  I'm lucky, in that I'll get enough unemployment to live on and will probably still have enough savings to pay tuition.  However, I have no preexisting college degree, and both unemployment and tuition money will only stretch to about 5 quarters. I've already passed the CPC exam once, can brush up and pass it again.  My local co ...

Bureau Of Labor Statistics Job Outlook For MT
Mar 20, 2013

From the BLS website: Job Outlook Medical TranscriptionistsPercent change in employment, projected 2010-20Other Healthcare Support Occupations - 25%  Total, All Occupations - 14%  Medical Transcriptionists - 6%  Employment of medical transcriptionists is expected to grow 6 percent from 2010 to 2020, slower than the average for all occupations. The volume of healthcare services is expected to continue to increase, resulting in a growing number of medical tests and procedures, all ...

Occuaptional Outlook. Not So Good Yall
Aug 08, 2013

from the USDOL  worse than I thought.  Only 6% growth  http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-transcriptionists.htm ...

Well Here I Am With XP, IE8 And Outlook And Microsoft Will No Longer Support
Mar 16, 2014

them after next month.  I wasnt reallly counting in all this new equiipment that I probably will have to buy.  What can I do without spending a ton of money.  I am thinking just to keep doing this and what happens happens. ...

2013 CPT
Oct 11, 2013

Looking for CPT code for excision of 1.5 cm perianal cyst.  Anyone?  ...

2013 Income
Jan 02, 2014

So how did everyone do this year working as an MT? I earned about $36,000. Wished it was more :( ...

Anyone Use MS Word 2013? What
Oct 30, 2014

Is it pretty much the same as 2007 and 2010?  ...

2013 New Pay Compensation Programs
Dec 12, 2012

I just listened to the recording and now i'm wondering how is my pay going to be determined.  See my account holds clinic and acute care mixed all together.  So which rate will I be paid and why is it that nobody can answer this question w/in the company that I have asked thus far. I also love that in the beginning of the recording on the presentation is states that we will be compensated for ALL time spent typing and editing to include research, proofing and demographics.  ...

Microsoft Office 2013
Feb 27, 2013

It's time for a new PC, and I found a great deal on a brand new one that comes loaded with MS-Office 2013.  It took forever to get used to 2010.  Anyone here had experience with 2013?  Pros and cons, please.  ...

2013 Pulse Survey - Sm
Aug 09, 2013

Oh, please! ...

2013 HIPPA, How Does That Apply To ICs
Aug 25, 2013

Just saw a posting below where this year we would have a title of business associate instead of ICs. What does this mean to us in any way. I only know the very basics of HIPPA, not how this would differ now. Thanks. ...

AIHMA / Atlanta 2013
Oct 21, 2013

I was at MModal's website and saw that the AIHMA convention is actually going to be in Atlanta next week.  I live in Atlanta and was wondering if anyone has ever been to one of these conventions?   It looks like it mostly pertains to coding and upper management, but several companies are going to have booths there.  They have a 1-day hall expo pass for $75.  I'm just wondering if it might be worth my while to go.  I thought it might be worthwhile just to get a ...

Input From Word 2013 Users
May 12, 2013

Is Word 2013 backwards compatible with Word 97-2003? I  am having to upgrade to a new computer since my work computer just died after several years.  If I get Word 2013, will the hospital and clinics be able to read the documents?  They are running Word 97-2003.  I was previously using Word 2010 and had no issues.  Is it possible to just buy a new license for my disc of Word 2010 after using up the three installs? ...

ADVANCE 2013 Salary Survey
Oct 17, 2013

The ADVANCE Salary Survey is available to participate in and includes asking salary information about medical transcriptionists. Link is below to participate.   ...

Recent (as Of 11/12/2013) Information On Babbletype
Nov 13, 2013

I tested with the company and about 2-3 weeks later, received an email from them stating I had done well on their test and was offered employment as an IC.  In order to test for them, I had to install Google Chrome (making for a total of 4 internet browsers now on my computer).  I felt the testing procedure was a bit cumbersome, but managed to muddle my way through it.  However, the test was a piece of cake, when compared to actually working for this company.  You HAVE to use ...

Help! Need New Line Count Software With MS 2013
Feb 02, 2014

Hi. I just switched computers this week (grumble) and my old linecount software doesn't work. I need a line count software (easy to use, cheap? free?) that works with Microsoft Word 2013.  Any ideas?  thanks ...

Companies Compatible With Office 2013
Jun 04, 2014

I've noticed that some companies are insisting on 2007 or 2010 Office systems, depending on what their platforms support.  I currently work for a company whose platform is compatible with Office 2013, which is what I have on my PC, but we're running out of work more and more.  I need to find another company that will accept Office 2013.  Are there are any others out there? ...

Is The Only Way To Purchase MS Word 2010 Or 2013
Oct 30, 2014

Need to buy MS Word for my new job.  However, when I purchased the 2007 version online it was an "academic version" only.  Can't use that.  I guess I have to buy a newer version, like 2010 or 2013, but it seems like the only way to do that is via download and then you pay a subscription of ??? per month or year?  This is fine by me IF the company will allow that.  I just want it to be legal and a licensed full version...obviously the one I purchased online was NOT.& ...

Has Anyone Using Express Scribe Along With Word 2013 Had (sm)
Nov 25, 2014

any trouble with Word not responding.  This happened to me a couple months ago, Geek Squad saw nothing wrong, it stopped happening and then today it happened 3 times within an hour.  Unfortunately I have to terminate the program, lose my work, reboot the system (or it will be extremely sluggish) and then it works fine. I am wondering if it has something to do with FileFort Backup or FastFox which downloaded when I purchased Express Scribe.  Any help would be appreciated! ...

New Graduate March 2013 And Unable To Find A MT Job
Aug 24, 2013

I would like to know how anyone who graduates from Career Step and can not find a job for a MT...I am a graduate of March this year however not with honors. But still every job I have read you need three years experience or more. Very upset all the money put out for extensions, etc and it was a waste of life and time.. Any suggestions on places who give graduates a chance?? ...

Medical Spell Check For Office 2013
Oct 04, 2014

I just bought a computer with Office 2013 and want a medical spell check on it. Any suggestions? ...

Resolve To Make A Fresh Start For 2013! Map Your Career Path With Nuance Transcription Services
Jan 05, 2013

Resolve to make a fresh start for 2013! Map your career path with Nuance Transcription Services!  As if I any one in their right mind wants to work for a company with such high standards that they are unattainable to most.   This underpaying J.O.B. is really not blowing my skirt up anymore!   ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...