A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How do I import Bayscribe expander entries into Instant Text? - JustPassingThrough

Posted: Sep 13, 2011

I downloaded the trial version of Instant Text and used the Importer to import my Bayscribe expander entries through Text File.  Either this was the wrong format to use or I did something else wrong because the entries are not expanding.  I was able to get the abbvs.glo file to show up in the glossary entries. 

Can anybody help with this?  Thanks in advance.  

The Importer Help shows you what the file you import - must look like

[ In Reply To ..]
You need to save the Bayscribe list as a text file. As every expansion in this text file has a dedicated short form, you need to make sure it looks like a formula file:
shortform=longform
abd=abdomen
etc.
Then you can use the Formulas button in the Importer to convert the list.
If you need help you can always contact tech support at 781-272-3200 ext 2

Similar Messages:

Editing Instant Text Entries?
Sep 13, 2011

Hello, I am on the trial of Instant Text.  Does anyone know how to edit an existing entry? Thanks. ...

Instant Text Moving Included Entries Is Not Allowed
Sep 05, 2012

Good morning all! I am trying to move an entry in Instant Text and I am getting this message -   Moving included entries is not allowed. To move entries of an included glossary, first open it into the Glossary Viewer.   Any ideas???   Thanks,   Cathy ...

Bayscribe With Instant Text
Sep 23, 2011

Does anyone know how to link Instant Text with Bayscribe? I can't get it to work with Bayscribe and I can't find a direct phone number for tech support for Instant Text....   Thanks:) ...

Bayscribe And Instant Text
Jul 10, 2012

I recently upgraded to IT Pro 7.20. Immediately after the upgrade my jump codes that I have been using for years in Bayscribe no longer worked for me. When I would expand an entry that contained a jump code up jumps the box Transcription Tools Quick Find (Text To Search for Using Quick Find)>It stopped at my jump code and the box in that window would contain the text of the report following the place of my inserted jump code.  My jump code I set up in Bayscribe is ^ (Shift 6) and ...

Bayscribe And Instant Text 7 Pro
Oct 12, 2014

I've used Instant Text 7 Pro for 2 years on a secure website with Bayscribe on IE 9 (10 isn't compatible last I knew).  I renewed my license this morning (haven't had the funds to buy a permanent one yet).  To my horror, the minute I try my Bascribe expansions with IT docked/linked or insert an IT phrase/word -- Bayscribe completely locks up.  I can't even cancel the document, but have to close IE and start over.  Any help will be much appreciated.  ...

Word Expander Other Than Instant Text
Jan 27, 2011

Are there any other expansion programs that lets you use the same keyword for multilple entries like Instant Text does?  For example, CVA could be either cerebrovascular accident or cardiovascular accident... ...

Can You Import AutoCorrects Into Bayscribe?
Dec 11, 2014

Thanks! ...

Stedman Smartype Import To Bayscribe??
Aug 03, 2011

Hello, just started a job with Bayscribe. I was told Stedmans Smartype will work with this platform but I am having trouble understanding how to go about it. Can anyone help me out?Thanks! ...

Instant Text - How Do You Bold Text?
Dec 07, 2011

I'm new to IT and have a question:  How do you bold text?  I went into "Edit" and see several options but not for bolding. Yes, it's probably in the manual but I'm on the clock right now so hope someone will post it here. Thanks! ...

A Way To Put My Bayscribe Expander Onto A Different Computer
Jun 05, 2010

Anyone out there in MT land know of a way to put my Bayscribe expander onto a different computer.  I thought it was supposed to just automatically download or something if you were switching computers but mine does not.  I tried upgrading the tools and that did not help and neither did taking the tools off and putting them back on.  Any ideas?  I have a bad feeling I can't do it at all and I sure do not want to put all of my expanded terms in all over again.  TIA. ...

Bayscribe Expander Transfer
Jun 08, 2011

does anyone know if you can transfer things you have put into the bayscribe expander into another program for use with word? thanks. ...

Bayscribe Word Expander - How To Use
Oct 04, 2011

I just started using bayscribe and had a 15 minute training. Can someone tell me how to use the word expander please? Thanks! ...

I Work In BayScribe. Is There A Way To Put Your Expander....
Feb 10, 2013

words from BayScribe into another expander software?  ...

Which Expander Works With Bayscribe, Anyone? Nm
Mar 18, 2014

. ...

Help With Instant Text
Oct 14, 2009

Anyone have any good websites for Instant text tutorial or questions?  I did read through productivity talk and did find what I needed.  I have not used this software in years.  I use autotext, but I would like to use the line counting software that comes wtih IT.  I am trying to figure out a short cut to copying text, right clicking on IT , clipboard statistics, and logging each note. Any thoughts on how to do this with keystrokes and NOT the mouse? I am using Scribe Editor ...

Instant Text And VR
Sep 18, 2010

Just wondered about what you all think is the best expander to use with VR. I used to use Shorthand up to a couple of years ago and now work with Instant Text. It seems to me that Shorthand is very very popular with the VR crowd. Does anyone use Instant Text successfully with VR? The version of IT I have (V  Pro) does not have the recording functions and the ability to use shortcuts (like Alt+ and Control+) like Shorthand does. Nor is there there an ability to record commands or key combina ...

Instant Text V
Feb 08, 2011

I was wondering if anybody working on the DQS system is able to use Instant Text V  and if so, how did you convert it over ?  Thank you for any help. Donna ...

Does Anybody Use Instant Text?
Apr 06, 2011

Does anybody use Instant Text?  I just started using it and CANNOT figure out how to get "-year-old" to expand without a space in front of the first hyphen.  I am ready to scream!  Please help!  ...

Instant Text V Pro Help
May 08, 2011

I am having issues with linking Instant Text V Pro with eScription.  The greenlight is on saying that it is linked, but I am not able to get any of my keystrokes to work.  If anyone is familiar on how to do this please let me know.  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!! ...

Help! Anyone Using Instant Text, Etc...
May 16, 2012

This was transferred to the tech forum last night but isn't a tech question: How are MTs naming their short forms now, for example for shortform "ncat" (normocephalic atraumatic) do you use "ncat" or do you use "ncatx"? Thanks. ...

Instant Text 7 Pro
May 12, 2013

Is there a limit to how many entries you can put in this program?  TIA ...

Instant Text
Feb 07, 2015

Has anyone used Instant Text with EMdat/Inscribe? Does it work okay with it? ...

Instant Text Pro 7
Apr 12, 2015

I would like to know if anyone on here uses the Bayscribe platform in IE and uses the Instant Text word expander..  I have Instant Text V and it does not connect, so I am wondering if anyone that has the upgraded version can connect.  Thank you! ...

Expander Programs That Are Compatible With Bayscribe?
Feb 15, 2011

Does anyone know if there is an expansion program that is compatible with Bayscribe?  I was going to sign up for the free trial with IntelliType but the rep said it's compatible with only Word programs and I don't believe Bayscribe is word-based (if it is, please feel free to correct me on that!). Does anyone know if InstanText or any of the other expander programs compatible with Bayscribe? TIA! ...

New To Expander Programs...Which Works Best With Bayscribe?
Feb 07, 2012

Just got a new account that uses Bayscribe and am totally new to expander programs.  I understand there are a couple of good ones that have free trial offers which I'd like to try to make sure I'm able to figure it out and use it, lol!  Does anyone know which expander program works best with Bayscribe? Thanks so much for any suggestion/advice/help/tips! ...

How The Word Expander In Bayscribe Works?
Mar 09, 2012

Could someone please explain to me how the word expander in Bayscribe works? I am having a heck of a time with it.   Thanks! ...

Dumb Question Re Bayscribe Expander
Jan 17, 2014

Is there a way to bring up the Bayscribe expander box without having to use the mouse to click on the sailboat icon, i.e., by using a function key? Thanks in advance! ...

Going To Be Starting A Job Using Fusion. Can Bayscribe Expander Sm
Feb 02, 2014

files be converted for Fusion use, or am I going to have to start over? I will be talking to the company people tomorrow, so they can probably tell me. I suppose I am just antsy. ...

Does The Shorthand Expander Work In Bayscribe?
May 09, 2015

d ...

Bayscribe Open The Word Expander You Press Ctl F3?
Sep 16, 2011

I was told that to open the word expander you press ctl F3, but when I do this, it brings up my battery life. Any suggestions? Thanks ...