A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do any of you use jump keys? - socal

Posted: Mar 12, 2014

Hello! Do any of you use jump keys?  For example, I have asterisks (*) in all of my templates in places where I need to insert something (vitals, he/she, etc.).. I made a macro that says anytime I use a quick key (for me it was Alt+x), it would jump to the next asterisk and I could quickly type whatever needed to go in that spot.  I recently had some new software put on my computer and it completely took out that macro.  This is bad because these jump keys are a HUGE timesaver!  Unfortunately, I made the macro so long ago that I cannot remember how to do it again.  I've tried a dozen times.  Any help is really appreciated!! Thanks. :)

Record your macro and assign a keyboard shortcut - MT4EVR

[ In Reply To ..]
Record your keystrokes of finding and replacing the * with a space and delete. If you can't remember how to record a macro (or find the stupid button on the Word Ribbon - I like the old versions, 2003 and before, of Word better when it was easier to locate what you needed), the keyboard short for recording a macro is: Alt T, M, R (typed in that order). Hint: Make sure you assign your keyboard short when you name your macro and before you start recording to avoid frustration of trying to find how to do it later. Hope this helps.

Jump keys-I tried that:) - socal

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for replying!!
I tried recording the macro several times and when I go to test it out, it deletes the next character by the cursor (doesn't find the * like it's supposed to). What I did was go into macros, assign the keyboard shortcut (alt+x), and then on a blank Word document I had a * already typed there, clicked Record Macro, did Control F to find the *, it highlights it, and then I click Stop Macro. I could've sworn that was how I did it before, but apparently it's not because it's not working. I also tried deleting the * after it is highlighted, but it won't delete. I would rather it find the * in my document and highlight it, and then I will type whatever goes there, which will automatically delete the *. Can you figure out what I might be doing wrong in this macro process? Again, thank you!!

I had to combine it with ShortHand - SeasonedMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Socal - I recall hitting dead ends the same way. I finally used my ShortHand program I think in combination with a Word macro. But the Word macro alone just did not do what I wanted which was to find the next * and then backspace it out. Good luck... but it can be done
Make sure your macro has the indicator - MTAdmin
[ In Reply To ..]
before the * and not after. I just tried it in my Word and it worked this way. Hope that helps!

Similar Messages:

Esription Hot Keys And Word Hot Keys
May 08, 2013

I recently had to have my computer in the shop and they wiped my hard drive clean but the tech did not back some of my files and I lost them.  Needless to say I was upset because I had a list of esription hot keys for VR (Nuace program) and Word hot keys.  Does anyone have a list of them as I refer to them often.  TIA. ...

Everyone Will Jump On This Job---
Jan 30, 2012

Saw an ad on another site this morning.  Acute care, all kinds of this and that you need.  For the marvelous cpl of, wait for it, 5 to 6 cents!!!  Don't everyone pile on at one, now! ...

How To Set Up A Jump Key?
Jun 19, 2012

does anyone know how to set up a jump key? ...

Jump Codes
Dec 19, 2010

Can anyone help me with making a jump code in Word 2010?  I am so frustrated and can't find any info on what I need.  I use shorthand and I need to be able to create a "macro" that will allow me to press Ctl +J to jump to the ??'s in my documents.  For example, the patient is a ??-year-old ??male.  I want to be able to jump to those question marks with a keyboard command.  Noone seems to know how to do this.  HELP!! ...

I Wonder If CBAY's CEO Would Jump Up And Down For A $50.00 Bonus!!
Jun 24, 2011

nm ...

How Do I Create A Jump Code?
Sep 30, 2010

My "jump code" macro has disappeared.  I need a macro to move around in my document from {} to {}.  Does anybody know how to create a macro that will help me please? Thank you so much! ...

Jump Codes In Shorthand.
May 06, 2011

Can you do jump codes in short hand like you can do in chart script/word?  Any help appreciated.  TIA. ...

How Many Hoops Do I Jump Through For The Peanuts They Pay
Nov 05, 2011

just got an e-mail from the Q saying that, for the fouth time, they have not received my hipaa certification...anyone else get this runaround??? ...

Help Creating Jump Codes
Sep 19, 2012

Can anyone help me set up a jump code in Word 2010? I knew how to do it in my Word 2003 but having trouble with the new version. I know its gotta be something simple I'm missing. I'm sooooooo frustrated! ...

Jump Code For Shorthand
Oct 31, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to do a jump code in shorthand?  I have it in word but I need the code for Shorthand,  I will be eternally grateful.  ...

How To Do A Jump Code In Shorthand
Oct 31, 2013

Can anyone tell me how to do a jump code in Shorthand, am desperate.  I can do it in Word but need Shorthand code, will be eternally grateful (shine your shoes, diaper your babies, etc)! ...

I Wonder If Recruiters Jump From One Company To Another
Sep 23, 2014

position?    I seem to have seen several of the same names over the past couple months at different companies where I know I applied many months ago.  Some of them still as much of a "Jerk" as they were the first time around, not returning calls or emails even though they wanted to set up an interview. ...

Creating A Jump Macro On Radnet
Sep 20, 2010

I use Radnet...Can anyone tell me how to create and use a jump macro for this program?  I have asked at my company but no one knew what a 'jump macro' was.  Perhaps called something else?  I know how to do it in Word but havent figured it out yet for Radnet.  Thanks. ...

Word 2010 Jump Codes
Nov 23, 2010

Hi again.  So, I got the jump codes to work in my word documents by using ctl f9 but for whatever reason, it won't save on my template.  Anyone have any suggestions on this issue?  Also, how do I make a "macro" for numbering.... ??? ...

Setting Up Jump Points In Word And IT
Apr 03, 2012

I need to set up jump points in a document in Word 2003 but do not know how. In other words, I want to replace a jump point or marker like @@ with text in an Instant Text entry. Anyone know how to do this? ...

Bayscribe - JUMP-TO  Command On This Platform?
Apr 15, 2013

Is there any way that one can make a JUMP-TO  command on this platform?  When I make a canned normal and want to just fill in my blanks, is there is an easy way to get to it?  I could on DQscribe, but not sure how on Bayscribe.  Thanks for your help.  ...

Epic Radiology Transcription Jump Codes
Aug 23, 2012

Does anyone know if there is a code in Epic to jump from the physician provider's box to the transcription palette in radiology. If not, is there a jump code in Microsoft Word that could be used. New to Epic. It makes me dizzy. ...

Creating Jump Codes In Word 2010.
Sep 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me how to create a jump code in Word 2010? I downloaded the instructions for Word 2008 from this site and I can't get it to work. I normally have my jump macro as ALT-J which is supposed to jump to * and then delete it. Would be eternally grateful if you can help me with this. Hittin 30+ years in transcription . . . wish I could afford to retire!! :( Thanks again!!! ...

Anyone Else Notice A Dramatic Jump In Inactive Time This Week?
May 15, 2013

haven't had to google anything tonight and have 7 mins in 4 hours?!?!?!?!   ...

KEYS THAT PLEASE
Feb 12, 2015

Does anyone know of a company called Keys That Please out of CA. ...

B's Keys In Texas
Dec 06, 2010

Anyone have experience with a company called B's Keys in Texas?  I can't even find a website. Thank you. ...

Mayfield Keys...
Jul 11, 2011

Is it   -   Mayfield-Keys head holder fixation ? ...

B'S KEYS TRANSCRIPTION
Mar 17, 2014

Be on the look out for B's Keys. I was training and worked for them for a while and they did not pay me. I said for hours for weeks working and never recieved a paycheck and when I questioned this they decided they did not need me anymore. Filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau. ...

Expansion Keys
Aug 11, 2014

Anyone else missing ALL their expansions other than headings????  I expected nothing less than what's happening today with this transition.  So frickin' typical. ...

Keys That Please E-mail
Feb 15, 2015

I've been out of the MT game for 6 months now and got this email stating she's responding to MY interest in her ad(of course, I don't remember).  Any info on her/company??  She wanted to to complete my test but forgot to attach the tst file ...

TransNet Player Hot Keys
Mar 05, 2010

Can hot keys be enabled for TransNet Player on an ExText platform?  I want to jump back to the beginning of a voice file once reaching the end for proofing without sticking my foot down on the pedal forever.    ...

What The Meditech Shift Plus F Keys Do
Apr 15, 2010

I am looking for anyone that has some information on what the Meditech shift plus F keys do.  For instance, if I am editing in a document and want to change the font to bold while in the document, how do I mark the text I want to change and then bold it?  I have just been assigned a new account and it is driving me crazy. I used Meditech many years ago and have forgotten how to do a lot of the functions. Thanks in advance.   ...

Extext Shortcut Keys
Jun 03, 2010

I am working in Extext and I need to center headings..etc.  Does anybody have a list of shortcut keys I can use so I do not have utilize my mouse so often?  Thanks!   Lisa ...

Anyone Know How To Turn On ALT/Control Keys In DQS?
Jul 22, 2010

I must have accidentally put in a command to disengage these functions in a document and I am straight-typing everything!  Other than closing the program and starting again, if you have any suggestion, would TYIA.  Have a productive (i.e. GOOD) day everyone. ...

ExText - What Are Programming Keys?
Oct 13, 2010

I currently work on Extext doing VR.  Can anyone compare this platform to others for me.  I have no idea if it is good/bad.  Also, I don't know if I'm understanding all this talk about expanders.  I use expanders just through my spellcheck setup.  I don't exactly understand "programming keys"....Someone please fill me in.  I really need to get those lines up. Thanks! ...