A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

C-phone programming...voice backspace. Please help! - KyMT

Posted: Aug 07, 2011

I always research before I ask a question and have searched the archives for the last hour or so.  I am reviewing reports via the C-phone and am in desperate need of a backspace option.  For example, when I let off the foot pedal, the dictation resumes exactly where it left off.  It would make my job so my easier if the voice would "go back" about 2 seconds so that I don't miss any dictation.

I have read numerous on-line manuals, but the instructions are so vague.  If anyone could share with me how to do this or if there is a particular code I should use, I would appreciate it immensely.  I can program the c-phone to do everything but an incremental back space. 

Thanks so much to anyone who would be willing to help!

Have you tried #8? (NM) - #8#8#8#8

[ In Reply To ..]
(NM)

What brand are you using? - Donna

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a DA-127/D and if I press 4 that is proportional rewind control. Hope this helps.

C-Phone instructions - stephie

[ In Reply To ..]
Each phone is different, and sometimes catered to the system, not the pedal.

Here is a list of most often commands:

Demographics: ##
Sign Off Job: 7
Go to End of Job: 3
Go to Beginning of Job: #1
Headset: #*11
Slow down: #4
Auto Back Space: *2 (I usually do *2 eight times for my comfort of ABS)
Disconnect: *#
Enter by Report Type: 2
Go to end of Jobs of Report Type: 9

Similar Messages:

Dictaphone C-phone Programming Keys Help Plz
Oct 17, 2009

Does anyone know how to program the keys for a Dictaphone C-phone (specifically to make the headset work)?  I've misplaced my directions.  Any help (or link to a website with the instructions) would be GREATLY appreciated.  TIA ...

Dictaphone C-phone - Where I Can Print Instructions / Programming
Oct 30, 2009

Dumb question, but I have not used my dictaphone C-phone for years and I forget how to use it. Is there someplace where I can print instructions on programing and use of this? Thanks, Ronni ...

Please Help W/ Backspace Problem - Sm
May 19, 2011

This new computer is going to drive me nuts.  The backspace is so SLOW.  Any way to speed this up?  Tricks you might have? I asked tech support and they told me it was a problem they were aware of but nothing could be done.   Unbelievable -- this is all we do (work on computers) but "backspace issue" cannot be resolved.  Frustrated !!!! TIA for any suggestions. ...

ExText - What Are Programming Keys?
Oct 13, 2010

I currently work on Extext doing VR.  Can anyone compare this platform to others for me.  I have no idea if it is good/bad.  Also, I don't know if I'm understanding all this talk about expanders.  I use expanders just through my spellcheck setup.  I don't exactly understand "programming keys"....Someone please fill me in.  I really need to get those lines up. Thanks! ...

Looking Up Doctors While In Report; Backspace Too Far
Oct 05, 2012

UGG.  I am really frustrated.  While in a report, the info I have written down about looking up doctors isnt working.  Anyone give me easy instructions?  Also, my backspace is set to 3 which I was told to do, but still goes back like 2 sentences.  HELP!! ...

Lanier VoiceWrite EX LX-219-1 Programming Instructions
Oct 22, 2011

Does anyone have programming instructions?  My top display is dark and my foot pedal autorewind needs adjusting....any light you can shed will be greatly appreciated...:) ...

How To Adjust The Auto Backspace On The Footpedal?
Mar 09, 2013

Can someone tell me how to adjust the auto backspace on the footpedal? Thank you ...

Change Auto Backspace On Foot Pedal
Feb 27, 2012

Can someone tell me how to make this adjustment please?  Thanks! ...

Does C-phone Work With Cable Phone Line
May 11, 2015

I am thinking about switching my current phone line and going with a bundle deal for our second house.  Does Dictaphone C-phone work through a cable phone line?  I still have the copper wiring at my primary home because I was afraid to switch it so didn't include the phone service in our cable package there.  Thanks!    ...

Voice Recognition - Is Anybody Making Any Money At All On Voice?
Jan 12, 2013

I was wondering, is anybody making any money at all on voice?  I keep hearing just minimum or maybe a little more.  I call minimum wage 7.50 to 8.00 an hour.  My experience with it was at one point I was told that I hadn't made enough for minimum and they had to do make-up pay.  So how is everybody's experience with voice?  I run from it, and I just want to know if anybody really can make an money? Thanks. ...

C-phone With Digital Phone Line
Jun 06, 2012

Anyone know if the C-phone will work with a digital phone line ? (I think it's also called a VOiP line).  I'm moving to a new place that has a digital line & don't know if I should have a regular phone line installed instead. Thanks for any help. ...

AT&T Phone That Is NOT A Smart Phone?
Aug 07, 2011

Daughter needs a need phone.  Don't want to have to buy a data plan.  What is NOT a Smart Phone these days, but has a full keyboard for texting?  Thanks. ...

Phone #
Jul 31, 2010

Did anyone get an e-mail from you CCM giving you a phone # to call when you run out of work? Has anybody tried this yet? ...

C Phone
Sep 09, 2010

I am a newbie and have noticed on some of the job postings that they require you to have a c phone. Can anyone tell me exactly what this is used for and if it is common to have to use one and why it seems most are not company supplied ? ...

C-phone Or Dvi Phone
Nov 06, 2010

What is a C-phone and DVI.  If I have high speed internet from cable company and also unlimited phone service from same cable service is that a way I can work with DVI or C-phone??   I appreciate any help!!!!  Thanks, Ava ...

Do You Like Your Phone?
Feb 11, 2011

I need a new phone to replace the Uniden that I had for just over 2 years (grrrr) before it died.  I need a base phone and 3 or 4 handsets.  If you have one like this and like it, can you let me know what kind it is?  ...

What Is A C-phone?
Apr 06, 2011

Not sure I know exactly what this is or what it entails.  Are they easy to obtain and use??  ...

C-phone Help Please
Aug 03, 2011

Anyone know how to adjust the backspace control for how much it rewinds after you lift the pedal? Right now, it goes back about a sentence at a time. I'd like to be able to adjust it to go back just a word or two. On older versions of the phone, there used to be a dial on the bottom of the phone for this, but the one I'm using now doesn't have this feature. ...

C-Phone ?
May 10, 2012

Hi everyone. I need to ask a question, which I realize is dumb but here goes. I see that on the jobs listing part of the site there are a couple of companies who require a C-phone. Can someone tell me what this is ?? At first I thought it meant cell phone but realized that can't be right. Thanks everyone for your patience. I guess it is showing that I am an "old school" transcriptionist and do not know anything about newer technology (if this is new).   Take care all xo ...

Help With C-phone
Jul 18, 2014

Hi, This is probably a stupid question, but I'm not a technical person so need some advice. I need a landline to hook up a C-phone.  I am thinking my house phone is a landline, but hubby says no.  We have charter, and the phone line we have goes into a modem which goes into the computer, and he says what is needed is for it to be able to hook into like a wall jack (or some type of something like a box on the wall).  He did try to hook it up last night, and the ...

C Phone Codes
Oct 13, 2009

Anybody know the codes for C-phone to speed up, slow down, go to end of report, go to beginning etc. I know in MT Stars archives but cannot search to find. Thanks ...

C-Phone Beeping
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone know by chance, if possible, how to turn off the "tone" when a button is pressed such as when signing off a report or any function?  ...

C-phone Codes?
Jun 11, 2010

I am working for someone who cannot tell me the codes on her system for speeding up and slowing down the doctor.  She has all the other codes.  I have tried every combination I can think of using the *.  Any combination I try using the # just gives me the job heading.  Any suggestions? Thank you! ...

Odd Phone Call
Jul 20, 2010

I just got an odd phone call this afternoon.   Someone called and said they were with CAT ?? Technology, Inc.  and told me they were based in New Jersey and asked me if I had any work for them to do.  I have no idea how they got my name and when I asked particulars, they hung up.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call such as this?  I told them I am a one-woman show and do not have any work to source out and they thanked me and hung up.  ...

Phone Interview
Nov 01, 2010

I have a phone interview for a transcription job coming up soon. I was just wondering if anyone knows what the interview will consist of and if anyone has any tips. ...

ET Phone Home
Dec 02, 2010

Dictator:  The pateint is also on prophylaxis with acyclovir. VR:  The patient is also on prophylaxis with a cycle in the air.  ...

C-phone Repair
Dec 23, 2010

I have an ongoing c-phone problem but don't have the time to be wihtout it to send it to the dealer.  Does anyone know who would best be able to fix it?  A computer repair place vs. TV repair, etc.  Any help is appreciated.   Thanks! ...

C-phone Codes
Jun 15, 2011

PLEASE HELP.    I know each person you work for has different codes they program into their C-phone.... I have had several accounts and each had a list of codes, but this particular person I am working for knows nothing about a code to slow down the speed and I am in deseparate need of slowing down some doctors..... If anyone has these similar codes and knows what one slows down speed PLEASE let me know All I know for this particular account is 8 completes, 5 skips, # is header info, 7 ...

C-phone Static
Apr 07, 2011

the c-phone powers on, when i connect to the phone line all I get is static no dial tone, I've tried on two different phone lines...any suggestions? ...

DAC OR C-PHONE QUESTION
May 07, 2011

I have been asked to cover an account that uses either a C-phone or DAC transcription station.  Can you speed up and slow down the voice on these systems?  I used to use a C-phones years ago and I remember that pressing the key 8 mulitple times would slow down the dictation and pressing the key 6 multiple times would speed up the dication.  Do the newer DAC or C-phones still have this option? ...