A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

not with Mmodal, but interested... - sm

Posted: Oct 15, 2012

would anyone care to give a synopsis of "the call"?  I am interested in the content and the rhetoric you guys were treated to.  What's this I hear about the "spot" award. Thanks in advance for anyone who could fill me in a little bit.

Dont get excited. The most you can be awarded is $30 over - a year. Yep, MM pays the big bucks. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

paid for what, please? - (hoping for a synopsis)

[ In Reply To ..]

If you're a CCM or now called TSM favorite, you can - earn up to $30 per quarter. Big deal.

[ In Reply To ..]
x
I still don't know what you are talking about... - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
I explained in my original post that I would LIKE to know what you guys are talking about. Please enlighten me if you care to. I would appreciate it.
Why do you need to know if you don't work for MModal - sqt
[ In Reply To ..]
nm.
I don't need to know... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I want to know. I am an unemployed MT who loved her job. I have never worked for an MTSO, but I find their practices reprehensible. I like to keep track of what's going on in the industry, and I am interested in the latest rhetoric coming from the top. That's all.
Well, I am kinda interested as well. I work for - Nuance and I guess SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I would like to stay as informed as I can. I suspect Nuance will incorporate some of the stuff that MModal is doing now. No biggie, really. Please don't get upset with the OP or me. We are just interested but sympathetic. :)
What is not to understand. MT is a favorite of TSM - TSM can now reward that MLS with 3 $10 rewards per
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
$10 rewards for WHAT?? - ...
[ In Reply To ..]
MT, TSM, MLS. Who cares. Can you just tell me who gets paid $10 for what? I have made it abundantly clear that I know nothing about this call, so the "what is not to understand" bit is a little annoying. I have never seen so many people unable to respond to a post. Is it a comprehension thing or what?
They just pick someone to award $10, ie their favorite. - Not especially for anything. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Wow. that was uncalled for. comprehension thing comment sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't work for them either, but I work for the other big player and have been following these posts with great interest as these 2 companies seem to be jockeying around for something. If MTs choose to post information, fine, but you seem awfully impatient for information that does not apply to you. Chill...
"what's not to understand" was uncalled for - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
After all, I specifically said I did not know the content of the call. I guess I don't understand the value of taking the time to compose a post that 1) does not offer insight, and 2) busts my chops.
I think it was if client praised MT, that MT gets the $10. But really, - what can you do with $10 these days? I can SM
[ In Reply To ..]
tell ya what you can do with $300K. Oh, but wait, Amy could probably give you a better run down on that.
it's an attaboy - you know
[ In Reply To ..]
when you do a good thing you get an attaboy, and it'll be 10 bucks, but really 10 bucks is just not going to make much difference in my paycheck, even if I got it 3 times in a quarter.

Falls under the brown nose project I think. How brown - are you? LOL LOL LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
Awesome!
Many of my coworkers participate in the Brown Nose Project. I, however, - have opted out. LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Okay, I am assuming from the posts that the - rewards go to MTs SM
[ In Reply To ..]
who just do whatever is asked and never cause problems? Is this right?

Paid depending on the shade of brown you - wear. Yep nice reward.

[ In Reply To ..]
(no msg)

interested in mmodal?? - dottietypes

[ In Reply To ..]
The all hands call explained very carefully that in the MT industry today you cannot expect to ever get a pay increase. You can only make money by typing more reports every day and the company is spending bookooo bucks on R&D & personnel to come up with ways to help you do that. They are paying all the people on the org chart lots of money instead of giving us pay increases. To reward our exemplary performance at this game we can earn up to three "Spot awards" a year, at $10 a pop. Yes, that's right a 1 with one zero. and if you win that magnificent bonus, your names goes in a drawing to win $500. Whoopee. Everything you win or are awarded goes right on your regular pay check with taxes withheld because all those people can't figure out how to reward us without taxing our income. You should not be interested in mmodal or any other greedy corporation for an MT job. You might be able to make money typing for a doctor's office or local service, but not one of these MT corporations where the end game is not keeping their money-making employees happy. Management no longer is in touch with their front-line employees and thinks we all vacation in the Hamptons and are somehow living so cheaply that what they pay us is not only adequate but benificent.

Good luck to you in your career search, just remember that MT is not a career. It is a game of corporate greed.

thanks for the response... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Believe me, I am not on a career search. I have no interest in working for MModal, and I have never worked for an MTSO. I just like to keep my finger on the pulse of the industry, and this "call" grabbed my attention. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I still have no idea what this reward program is about, though!

"the call" - Minka

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought the call was the best presentation of a Webcast for MTs since I started in 2/11. However, the Q&A seemed to be too low priority and I think that issue should be resolved, maybe present the Questions and get an email response or something. I don't think they'll have a way of knowing which question was mine, I didn't include my name but will next time.

thanks Minka, I appreciate the response - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

They know which question is yours - You log in and submit question

[ In Reply To ..]
and your name comes up on the submission.

Similar Messages:

Not Doing VR Yet, But Interested
Oct 19, 2009

I wonder which systems are the best to work on.  I know the pay is lower, but I think after 20 years, I would love to save some wrist power....  ...

Interested In Coding HIM
Jul 26, 2012

I have been working as a transcriptionist from my home for almost 20 yrs.  As most, I am losing my account due to EMR.  I am considering pursuing other avenues such as coding or HIM.  Is this a good idea.  How is the job market for this.  I am also a Certified Medical Assistant but have not worked in an office in over 20 yrs.  Any ideas??? ...

Just In Case Anyone Is Interested...
Sep 12, 2013

Very interesting article!   ...

Interested In Coding?
Oct 12, 2013

If you think you might be interested in coding or just want to get an idea of what it is and how it works, try the PDF at the link below.  It is quite good!  (It is free.) www.facs.org/ahp/codingmanual.pdf       ...

Interested In Applying At Keystrokes
Jun 09, 2010

Hi there, I'm interested in applying at Keystrokes.  Does anyone know what the current f/t requirement is?  I see they are hiring only FT right now.  Is this according to line count or a set schedule.  Thanks for any info!     ...

MT Interested In Becoming Biller/coder
Oct 06, 2010

Can anyone tell me if there is an online course, school, how long it takes, or what I need to do to find out how much it costs etc, to train in medical billing or coding. I have been an MT for 20 years and need to find a new and/or additional career. Thank you so much for your help.  ...

Interested In Possibly Going Into Coding
May 24, 2011

I am doing some research on medical coding. I have looked at Andrews Coding School and Career Step. Both seem to be close but Career Step states it takes much less time to finish, which I am guessing is to get you in to their school and not reality but that is only a guess. The cost is also a huge difference. Has anyone here gone through either school and would you recomend one over the other? Any advice is appreciated. ...

For Anyone Interested In Nuance TAA Petition
Sep 24, 2013

The petition was submitted early this year. This is the denial of TAA benefits and the reasons for denial.  If you feel the situation has changed it can be appealed by any employee, soon to be ex-employee or former employee per DOL. “The investigation was initiated in response to a petition filed on March 7, 2013 by a state workforce official on behalf of workers of Nuance Transcription Services, a subsidiary of Nuance Communications, Inc., Burlington, Massachusetts (subjec ...

Anyone Interested In IMedX Staffing?
Mar 13, 2014

Anyone you know?   ...

Was Called This A.m. From Recruiting Asking If I Am Interested In Working For M.Q. I Think I Had Ap
Nov 04, 2009

How is the VR pay, flexibility for part time. ...

Interested In MTing But No Experience And No Time Or $$ To Get Any!!!!! HELP!
Jan 21, 2012

I am disabled and on social security disability living with my mother and husband in my mother's house. My husband and I have been here for about 4 years, and it's about time to go. My mother is pressuring us to get out knowing that we can't afford to do so.She's become hateful and aggressive, causing unnecessary stress for not only me but my husband which can potentially effect his work performance. For a few years now I have had the illusion of thinking that most, if not a ...

Found This Keystrokes Review If Interested
Oct 10, 2012

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Keystrokes-Reviews-E157011.htm ...

Am Interested In Clear Choice Transcription
Mar 28, 2013

Am interested in Clear Choice.  Would like to hear pros and cons of working for them.  Also, because they pay per minute of dictation, how does it compare with cpl rate.  Is it a fair way to pay.  Lots of ESLs?????  Thanks for your time. ...

I Would Be Interested In Knowing How Many Part-time
Apr 04, 2013

employees did NOT lose their jobs today. ...

List Of Transcription Companies For Those Who Are Interested
Mar 09, 2014

http://freelancetranscriptionistroad.com/list-of-transcription-companies/ I hope the above can help anyone find other employment. These goliath companies are no place for anyone. ...

Interested Parties See Mercedes Answers Below.
May 14, 2015

No, I am not a "suit." ...

Staying In Health Care And Am Especially Interested In Home Healthcare
Jul 06, 2012

I am looking into what field of study to take up. I am thinking about staying in Health Care and am especially interested in home health care. I was wondering if anyone knows personally if there are demands for: Physical Therapist assistant - with Associated degree Occupational assistant- with Associates degree Has anyone heard of Speech/language pathologist assistant? I think this will require too much schooling but I have heard there is a big demand in health care and schools. I al ...

For Those Interested In Weekly Pay, J&M Transcription Also Pays Weekly. Nm
Feb 09, 2011

ppp ...

Anyone Using MModal
May 19, 2011

and noticing that it is really not doing a good job lately.  I've not usually had problems with it when it comes to regular English-speaking doctors, but this week it has been a mess.  It is either not putting in entire sentences or putting in off the wall stuff that sounds nothing like what is being said.  I've come to expect that with ESL, but certainly not with English as native language.  Weird.  Must be taking some time off for MT week. ...

What Is MModal?
Feb 13, 2012

What is MModal company?  General typist edit company or Medical transcription company? This question is bugging me ever since this ASR took over from us.. LOL to wrap it up..   ...

SS# And MModal
Apr 30, 2012

MModal asks for your SS# on the application process of applying for jobs there!!! Thanks to some of you, I ran ran ran from this place.  When I inquired about how uncomfortable I was with sharing my SS#...I was told to just use any number.  WHAT?!!? Then why have it there!!! Who in their right mind would give their SS# to a company that hasn't even hired them yet.  I agree with the rest of you. RUN SALLY RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ...

MModal, WHY????
May 24, 2012

Why is MModal posting job openings, when so many of use are running out of work or worse falling into the pool--what with the pay cuts, VR being paid half even though it takes nearly as long to edit most reports, and the fact that I only get my "primary" accounts about 30% of the time and the rest of the time I am typing from the pool so that nearly every report that comes up is a new facility or dictator, I have gone from making $16 an hour to minimum wage. I cannot afford this. Why can' ...

Does MModal Pay OT? Nm
Oct 02, 2012

nm ...

Does MModal Pay For
Oct 17, 2012

nm ...

MModal 6 Cpl
Oct 23, 2012

I just saw that MModal has a tier 3 level where VR is 6 cpl.  Thinking is it worth it to move over when you top out at 4 cpl for acute care here. ...

New To Mmodal
Jan 03, 2013

Would someone mind briefly explaining how the QA penalty works for MModal? ...

Does Anyone Like MModal?
Jan 22, 2013

I see so many complaints about MModal. Does anyone actually like them? I'm in the hiring process and they are calling with an offer. I would like to try it out. I work in-house now, but eventually my position will be eliminated due to VR. I do not make that great of pay, and have lots of down time, but still have to sit in the office all day. I know that all companies have their ups and downs. My hospital being Union makes doing anything impossible and makes it easier to keep the "bad ...

What Has Mmodal Done To Me?
Apr 12, 2013

Well, I suppose any transciption job would do the same.  Before this profression, I was a good little girl who would never swear or cuss and even chastised others for doing so, but since becoming an MT (especially with MModal), with all these horrendous dictators and this buggy platform, if you listen from outside my office, you'd think someone locked a surly sailor with Tourettes in with me.  I've called dictators names that would make a construction worker blush.  I al ...

MModal ??
Jun 26, 2013

How long after being hired to get health insurance? I am currently with Nuance, my ex, who provides health insurance for our son just got laid off and lost health insurance. Our son has antiphospholipid syndrome., he is chronically on Coumadin, and he cannot go without health insurance. I cannot afford $735 a month to cover him and myself working at Nuance.  Thanks ...

Mmodal PI:
Sep 05, 2013

cupcakes, candy filled mugs and T-shirts.  They look so happy, smiling.     Mmodal US:  We get NJA, the swamp board, UE (if we are lucky).  We live on edge and with constant worry.   I really am happy for the Filipinos, because I know this probably represents a wonderful opportunity for some of them.  Time for the rest of us to move on.  Whoever's last to leave the building, please turn off the lights.   ...