A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

KNOW WHO IS YOUR PROVIDER - Anointedtu

Posted: Nov 04, 2012

On Thursday, Nov 1, 2012, I received a phone call telling me that I was fired. After 19 years of being an MT/MME I was told that my line count was too low. I did get a call the week before questioning me about my count. I guess that was my warning. All of us who work for MModal know the changes that constantly go on. We all know the imperfection of SR. We all know about offshore. We all know that you really get straight transcription. Maybe my 11 cents a line was too high. What ever service you work for is not your provider, it is your job. You are not unemployed, you are free. When one door closes, another door opens. Have integrity. Do your best. Look forward to the next chapter of your life. Be encouraged. Help others. Be blessed.

Anointedtu, love, love your post! - MMNOMO

[ In Reply To ..]
I have to tell you that reading your post about our provider just blessed me today! Thank you, thank you!

Most Conscientious MTs can have Lowest Line Counts - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry that happened to you, but it sounds like you will be back on your feet in no time.

I'm from the old school where we cared about quality. We confirmed the spelling of names, located first names for doctors to make sure the CC went to the right one, double checked when a medication didn't sound right for the condition, searched for new meds on a mispronounced medication names, corrected doctor errors in grammar and content, proof read the entire document, checked previous reports to ensure the doctor really meant the cancer was in the left breast rather than right as he erroneously dictated, etc., etc., etc. Now, the most experienced and conscientious MTs are being fired for spending too much time on research to ensure accuracy of the report. Much more research is needed because we are working for doctors who haven't the foggiest idea that we don't know the names of all their local medical facilities, cities, counties, etc. I have tried to just concentrate on line count, but it goes against my grain, knowing that patient is someone's mother, father, spouse or sibling.

same thing - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
Same thing happened to me - phone call one day out of the blue telling me my line count was too low. No warning nothing!! I also take time to research things and when they put you on so many different accounts and half my day was spent going from one spec to another to make sure that I was doing it the correct way it was no wonder my line count dropped. They can't have it both ways. I am now with Nuance and so far so good. I know there are complaints about them, but so far I have not really experienced any problem and truly love the acct that I am on and it is so much easier than Medquist ever was

Yes, being meticulous and putting out only quality - costs me a lot.

[ In Reply To ..]
That includes CP's too. :( I have been doing this for over 25 years, so I am old school- Do it right, check what you do, quality matters when it is a patient's life and medical care at stake. I just can't break this habit either. I have tried, but it is like fingernails on a chalkboard not to do it correctly. I've been told to "trust myself more" and "not spend so much time rechecking or checking" by a QA manager, but I keep falling back into my "old" ways.

old school - newly unemployed

[ In Reply To ..]
Lost my job Wednesday. I'm a perfectionist, too. Have been in the medical field since 1974. Am afraid it's going to be hard to find another job. Found out my previous supervisor was fired last month.

Yep I rarely got above my 150 minimum, but I never - ever put out a report

[ In Reply To ..]
that wasn't great. At least I didn't have to worry about passing the audits :)

Most Conscientious MTs... - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm also old school, and I just can't do otherwise. For instance, today I had a report where the doctor kept saying "hyponatremia" when the sodium was very high and it was "hypernatremia." I have to search and make sure of things before sending the report off. My line count is probably just keeping my head above water, and I wouldn't be surprised if I get that phone call soon too. You'd think they'd appreciate quality over quantity since it's their bread and butter too.

It was definitely the 11 cpl - that got you fired

[ In Reply To ..]
MModal/MQ doesn't want people who make that much. They want to get everybody at the lowest possible wage, which is why they implemented the wage cap a couple years ago. In fact, I thought it only went up to 10 cpl. They were looking for a reason to fire you and they found one, which is why they didn't performance manage you first. This isn't the first time. I know quite a few MTs who were at the high end of pay before the wage cap that were let go for not a very good reason.

Similar Messages:

Internet Provider
Feb 04, 2010

I live in a rural area and have limited options for internet providers.  Currently have satellite but not happy with service.  Anyone know anything about Verizon wireless cards?  What is the speed comparable to?  Dial up?  DSL?  Thanks ...

Provider Going To EMR -- Hourly Vs CPL?
Jun 08, 2011

One of my providers is going to switch over to EMR.  I've looked into the program and it's got a similar document section to MS Word.  However, with them going to EMR, I'm assuming I'll lose quite a bit of my bulk work (macros, etc) that I currently have with "straight typing." So my question is this ... is it worth it to transcribe EMR for a CPL rate or is it better to renegotiate my "contract" and go hourly?  I'm an IC/MTSO so get no benefits. Would ap ...

Who Is Your Internet Provider?
Jul 21, 2011

Thanks! ...

What Internet Provider Do You Have?
May 23, 2012

Since we work remotely for MTSOs that may be hundreds or even thousands of miles away, can they really tell if we have DSL or calble or satellite or broadband, etc?   I think what I am trying to say is how would they know from that far away what type of internet we have.  I have had terrible luck in landing a job with great experience, 25 years and heavy experience with ESL.  I do not have much in the way of VR, but am willing to learn.  The reason I cannot get a job is ...

Which Satellite Internet Provider?
Nov 06, 2014

I currently use Starband, an older satellite provider.  Where I live no DSL, cable or cell phone signal.  Starband just raised my monthly rate, so I am looking into switching.  I have Dish TV and see that they have internet satellite, but I don't know anyone who has this.  I have been doing transcription from home for 18 years and have used Starband since then.  I was wondering if any MTs work with satellite and which provider, and if they are satisfied with th ...

Does Anyone Know Of A Fax To Email Provider That Is Free Or Reasonable? Sm
Mar 07, 2010

I used to use Efax Messenger Plus but went over my limit on receiving faxes and I didn't care to pay a monthly premium as I only use it occasionally.  I would like incoming fax capabilities to email.  ...

Transcription Labels Provider Needed
May 13, 2013

I have been using Forms and Filing systems to order my transcription labels but they have not answered their phone since last week.  Can anyone recommend a company to order 8.5 x 11 size labels from?  Thanks in advance. ...

TASP - Most Reliable Transcription Service Provider Out There?
Jul 08, 2013

Can anyone tell me the most reliable transcription service provider out there? There are many to choose from. I want to lean away from phone in trancriptions and lean more towards microphone use. I would also like one that is user friendly, has few and far between breakdown issues and offers line counts. ...