A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I'm afraid to ask this. I came over from Spheris. sm - Auntie Onooooo

Posted: Jun 17, 2010

If anyone is still reading this, at tihis point, question is about time off.  When MQ bought us, we were told they would let us keep our time off hours.  Except they must be used before the end of the year.  Only problem is, they are not letting us take those hours.  We were even told we must use MQ time off hours or lose them before the end of the year.

I'm scared silly to ask this, but is this what the swap board is all about?  If you need time off and someone else has it, you have to fight it out among yourselves?  Does your CCM approve it or what? 

On the Spheris side, we don't have access to whatever MQ board there might be. 

Thanks.

I suppose I just want to know what that Swap board is all about.  And should I be worried.

Time off - PTO - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
This is the only MQ board that I know of, other than MQ Central.

I don't know what arrangements were made regarding your PTO, but we're allowed to carry over 40 hours to the next year. Any hours over 40 we lose.

I don't know many MTs who use the swap board. If you have PTO time and want to take time off, or if you get NJA and don't want to make it up or take it without pay, you can use PTO. You request it through Schedule source, "days off."

PTO - MarineMom

[ In Reply To ..]
I would just submit your PTO request like usual. That swap board has nothing to do with us (at the moment). When I want time off, I just email my sup (mine's still the same) and let her know, then I put it in through a Galaxy request like normal.

Thanks for answer. - Auntie

[ In Reply To ..]
qqqqqqqqqqq

AFRAID TO ASK - losingmymind

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish you luck. When Q bought out the company I worked for they stripped us of all old accrued PTO--in my case 5 wks.

AFRAD TO ASK - losingmymind

[ In Reply To ..]
PS: That was 5 wks per year. They gave us 3 days. Anyone remember those days. After a few years the current PTO plan started.

Similar Messages:

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

SPHERIS ON AUCTION BLOCK TODAY - Transcend Submits Bid To Acquire Spheris - See Press Release
Apr 13, 2010

HOT OFF THE PRESS SEE BELOW     Transcend Submits Bid to Acquire Spheris     ATLANTA, Apr 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- TRANSCEND SERVICES, INC. /quotes/comstock/15*!trcr/quotes/nls/trcr (TRCR 17.43, +0.13, +0.75%) , the third largest provider of medical transcription services to the U.S. healthcare market, announced today that it has submitted a bid to acquire substantially all of the assets of Nashville, Tennessee-based Spheris, Inc. and the stock of ...

AFRAID TO BE AN IC
Aug 25, 2012

I am afraid to be an independent contractor! Between no benefits and no work. Does anyone have anything good to being an IC? Don't the employees get the work first? Do you "babysit" the computer a lot? ...

Too Afraid?
Nov 21, 2012

Is everyone too afraid to answer or are they keeping you in the dark also about human resources.  I know about 10 years ago or so MQ settled a class action lawsuit about how they payed wrong or something or another, but since then it seems like everyone who works for them is just like cows to slaughter.  Step right up, work for us and bend it on over.  Someone has to stand up and say something, and I think it might have to be her - if she can find out how to get to human resources ...

Be Afraid
Feb 12, 2013

http://www.mygeartools.com/articles/transcription-outsourcing-leads-to-womans-death-140m-settlement/ ...

Don't Be Afraid.
Feb 20, 2013

Article about MT abuse by the industry.  I was nauseated after reading this.  I absolutely love my job, not the industry. "Part of the problem as I see it is that medical transcription has become a commodity, paid on production, with little or no acknowledgement of the wealth of knowledge a transcriptionist must have in order to perform the work." "Medical transcriptionists need to stop being afraid of what will happen to them if they speak up, and start thinking about what i ...

I'm Sorry - Afraid I Will Be Lost Below!
Dec 11, 2009

Under IC QA - thanks (waaaay down there - lots of comments) but after you read this - do I have options? ...

Don't Be Afraid To Stand Up For Yourselves...
Dec 30, 2009

What has happened to us as an MT community.  Whenever someone speaks up with anything negative (but factual) about this so-called profession, there is always someone there to belittle the person, or give the old (my personal favorite) just shut up, take it, and LOVE it attitude.  We have absolutely NO  POWER left whatsoever? Is this true? Can this be  -  in our great country - are we just lying down and accepting all that is happening. We are allowing ourselves to go ba ...

Not Sure What To Do. Afraid Of What A Physician Is Asking Me To Do. Advice
Nov 20, 2010

I have an account with a physician whom had one of his office staff call me yesterday on their cell phone, asking me to "delete" information on a particular patient, certain things in their weekly follow up visit reports.  He is being audited by someone, and this sort of freaks me out. I do not want to alter a dictation that has already been billed to insurance for.  I asked him to send the request to me in writing, so that in the event something would happen, I would have that infor ...

Are Any Of You Afraid To Go Out Into The Real World Again?
Feb 04, 2012

After my company recently dropped my account by 1-1/2 cents, I have been considering either a job switch or maybe even an inhouse hospital position but the thought of it puts me in a panic.  Has anyone else experienced that?  I have been doing this job at home for 20 years and one of the reasons I love it is I don't have to deal with the politics of a work place or people in general.  I was a vet tech before an MT so obviously I love animals and prefer being with m ...

IMedX The New Nuance? I'm Afraid So
Aug 29, 2014

After 20+ years in the industry, I've seen a lot of changes, but these big companies take the cake. They all want to be the big dog and think that eating up smaller companies, dropping everybody's wages, and sending the work to India and generally becoming a company that MTs ran from should be a goal or something to be proud of. Sure, boast that your company made 50+ million dollars last year and then tell your MTs in the same breath that they are not worth paying. As if one Nuance wer ...

Afraid To Sign Up For Medical Insurance, Don't Want
Nov 20, 2013

I know that sounds crazy, but this company is MAKING me crazy! Up to now, I haven't signed up for the medical insurance, but now I need to and am afraid that will make me a future "target" for firings/layoffs.  That's the main issue I have with this company right now - the "unknown." I know that many people really don't know what the future holds with their company and that layoffs happen, but this company has a striking track record for mass firings, and it always seems to b ...

KS's Ad States 'MTs Who Are Not Afraid Of ESLs.' When Will These MTSOs Get It?
May 31, 2014

time spent trying to get out a decent product with these guys. With technology on one hand and India on the other getting the good guys, ESLs are pretty much the norm for MTs with any given company these days and we know how to leave blanks and move on. "Afraid" of ESLs? Oh, no, no, no, no, no. You don't put that one on the MTs. It's the bill collector that drives us, and you will get what you pay for based on the premise that time is money. enough said. ...

A Tool Providing Anonimity On Line For Those Who Are Afraid Of Retaliation
Dec 04, 2014

I have noticed that there is a lot of fear among workers here when it comes to reporting any suspected illegal or even unethical activity on the part of their employer.  Therefore, I will put you onto a tool that might help.  It's called TOR and it was developed by the US Government to help people in places like Iran post on line without fear of repercussions from oppressive governments.  This tool not only allows people to browse the Internet annonymously, it allows users to ...

Spheris MTs
Nov 10, 2009

Hey Spheris MTs out there.  I worked for Spheris for a while not too long ago but quit for another company.  Nothing wrong with Spheris at all, just love the new company flexibility much, much more.  I loved the expander program Spheris used (Shorthand 10.0) so much that I ended up buying the program to use on my new job.  Problem is there are so many tips and tricks that Spheris provided for using Shorthand 10.0 that I never got to put into action and quit before I thou ...

What Is Going On At Spheris?
Jan 08, 2010

Is it me or does it seem like Spheris is a sinking ship?.  ...

Spheris VR
Jan 14, 2010

Is it me or does it seem like the VR at Spheris is getting worse. Also, it seems like it is harder to make any lines at all. Just had to vent. ...

Has Spheris Sent Out W2's Yet?
Jan 29, 2010

Just wondering.  I worked there till May last year and will probably have to contact them to get mine. ...

Spheris Pay
Jun 08, 2010

my friend claims she only made $11000 with spheris last yr. but yet she had health benefits and 401K. how is it she's making so little is spheris really that bad of a company to work for . i've heard so many different stories i don't know what to believe anymore ...

W2 ? For Former Spheris...
Mar 19, 2011

Should we have a W2 from MQ as well as from Spheris?  Was just putting my info together to have taxes done & don't understand the 2 from Spheris but noticed I don't have one that says MQ. Thanks in advance. ...

Keystrokes Better Than Spheris
Oct 20, 2009

I currently work at Spheris but I would like to find out how things are at Keystrokes. I appreciate any information good or bad.   Thanks ...

Questions About Spheris
Oct 21, 2009

Does anyone know if Spheris sends their work overseas?  How are they to work for?  Do they have editing positions?  Is the rate of pay any good? ...

Spheris Stinks!
Nov 18, 2009

That company is in trouble, and it is a terrible place to work.  The MTs are very, very nice, but it is not a place to make a living! ...

Spheris Nightmares
Nov 21, 2009

Had nightmares about my company last night.  I was told to go in the office of my boss and do some punishment work.  I sat there in front of this blank computer, would not turn on, and something said to sit in her chair, since she was not there, and start opening all the books and do the worksheets about what a bad person/MT I was.  Then, she popped up in the back of the office in black.  Scary, evil woman!  She said terrible things, and just as I kept telling myself thi ...

How Does Spheris Compare?
Jan 21, 2010

Is there anyone out there who has worked for Spheris and other large companies? If so, how does Spheris compare? Looking for other opportunities, but don't want to end up in a worse situation :) In particular, has anyone worked for both Spheris and Webmedx? thanks ...

**** Spheris Might Tank.
Jan 29, 2010

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 By closing the curtains on its finances, Spheris has opened the door to speculation regarding its future. Whispers range from a sale to a bankruptcy, with the former gaining steam in the past week after a blogger in India reported competitor Cbay Systems Ltd. had struck a deal to buy Spheris’ operations in that country. Both Spheris and Cbay declined to address the potential sale. Spheris has ...

Spheris - Another Medquist
Jan 30, 2010

I had an interview with Spheris yesterday.  It sounds too good to be true - more per line than I'm making now, plus production bonus and weekend shift differential?  And better insurance too.  Okay. I worked for MQ.  My check got smaller and smaller as they revamped the bonuses and brought in VR (which absolutely refused to be taught anything).  So tell me the truth - would I be jumping back into the same fire with Spheris? ...

Help! Might Get Hired By Spheris...
Jan 31, 2010

I'm not sure if this is a  good move for me, especially after reading an article on them that was linked from this board.  Recruiter says they have loads of work, but they seem really regimented.  Anyone work for them and want to share?  Thanks.  ...

Spheris Bought Out
Feb 03, 2010

By Medquist and Cbay.  My sister works there and just told me, is on a conference call as we speak. ...

Spheris Sells Out
Feb 03, 2010

SPHERIS SELLS OUT- ANNOUNCED BY EMAIL TO EMPLOYEES TODAY.  SOLD TO MEDQUIST AND CBAY.  WILL BE DONE BY JUNE. ...