A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How does one get rid of that "ding" when uploading? nm - Ears-a-ringing

Posted: Sep 30, 2014

xx

it's a Windows Option on your PC.. See instructions below - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
Go to Control Panel on your PC.
Click on "Sound."
Then select the "Sounds" tab.
Highlight the Asterisk sound under the Windows area and change it from "Windows Error" to "None."
Click "OK."

THANK YOU!!! nm - Ears-not-a-ringing

[ In Reply To ..]
cc

You're welcome! :) - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

DING, Ding, Ding, Ding
Nov 20, 2013

Ah, after a day off don't you just love to come back and read your emails? Evidently I got a lab value wrong, which of course is possible but this was a significant difference and I have been very very careful, but hey, it's THEIR word against mine so???? Also, got a doctors name wrong that was not on staff at the hospital. I sent it to QA and got dinged for it with a note that said "he spelled it for you!" Yeah well, they spell a lot of things, and not always right! How ofte ...

Pick Pick Ding Ding
Mar 19, 2014

Two questions. Does anyone else have the little screen that pops up and says Editscript has been inactive for 1 hour, will automatically shut down in 5 minutes and then counts down? IT COMES ON WHILE I AM WORKING! I have NEVER let my work sit for an hour, NEVER! Secondly,I had an appointment last week so missed an hour and missed a few minutes here and there enough to be over 2 hours short on my normal working hours. First I received an email (ON MY DAY OFF SO I DID NOT SEE IT) that I must m ...

Annoying Ding Sound
Jan 15, 2015

Silly question--just got a new monitor and now have this "ding" sound on finishing a chart.  Can't remember how to remove it.  Any ideas? ...

Does There Really Have To Be A Loud Ding In Our Ears When There Is No Match For ADT??
Jan 05, 2011

This doctor not only mumbles the name, but mumbles the spelling of the name.  I try every which way to spell what I hear, but I get that "no matching results found for the chosen criteria" ALONG WITH THAT *$#$ DING.  Its not enough to get that message of not finding the patient, but to hear that ding is driving me crazy....especially with report after report of this same name mumbling man... ...

Not Uploading Job
May 12, 2015

Please please be a crash, I need a nap ...

Anybody Else's Jobs Not Uploading?
Nov 08, 2010

For about the last 10 minutes, I have 2 jobs that will not upload and got NJA message for 601 pm, but tried to upload at 620 pm.  Hate to logout and lose them both.  Anybody else.  Light is green now. ...

Uploading And Downloading
Sep 27, 2011

Hi: I am new to Express Scribe and want to know how to upload and then resend completed files.  The instructions state that the file is saved to the C drive. From there one should be able to open and tranctibe the file for resending via the program. Any help would be desparately appreciated since I have one typed document and it is ready to send. Stuck in the middle ...

Jobs Not Uploading Now
Nov 02, 2012

None of the jobs that I've done since we came back up have uploaded.  What do we do now? ...

Uploading Job Is Stuck.
Nov 18, 2012

Not Uploading Is The System Down?
Sep 26, 2014

It says cannot work until previous job is uploaded or something to that effect and made me sign off the job I was on..Ive never seen that before, anyone else? ...

Editscript Uploading Problems
Jan 25, 2010

Has anyone had trouble with the EditScript software not holding corrections after uploading? ...

Glitches And Jobs Not Uploading
Nov 09, 2010

I wonder if the troubles are in regions, because I have had no issues with anything.  I like the upgrade!  I've getting faster and getting more work done.  Sometimes change IS good!  ...

Slow Uploading At End Of Shift
Jan 28, 2011

Anyone else having this problem at the end of the shift? Thanks. ...

Uploading A Report Off The Clock
Jul 16, 2013

Are we sure the work we upload after we clock out is included in our pay?  I might be paranoid, but I can see Nuance only paying for lines uploaded during times we are clocked in. ...

Is It Them Or Me? Uploading Reports Very Slowly
Jul 06, 2014

x ...

I'm In, It Is Slow But So Far Uploading And Downloading
Dec 15, 2014

x ...

Why The Delay In Uploading Lines Under The
Dec 17, 2014

This plan was touted as easy, transparent. Where are our lines, Nuance? Some of us have mouths to feed and utilities to pay and we need to be able to decide early on if the kids go hungry or the lights get shut off. I know you can't imagine this, but it's real for many of us. Why the delay in uploading lines? Hopefully, you've increased your HR staff in anticipation of the inquiries sure to come in explaining the easy, transparent formula once you do hit the submit button. ...

Does Anyone Notice At Certain Times The Down And Uploading Seems Slower.
Apr 22, 2015

nm ...

Lately, I Tend To Give The Middle Finger To The Computer Screen As I'm Uploading.
Sep 16, 2011

x ...

How To Turn Off The Annoying Loud "ding Sound"at End Of Dictation/spell Check.
Nov 22, 2011

I thought there was a way to make that annoying ding sound at the end of the dictation when spell check is complete to sound softer.  I have Windows XP.  I keep looking in the control panel but it does not seem familiar to me as to the way I used to do it.  In some reports if the dictator talks low and then when you reach the end it blasts out my eardrum.  TIA. ...

S/l "tray-glue-ding" Stent Placement In LAD
Mar 14, 2010

x ...

How To Turn Off The "ding" After You Do A Spell Check?
Aug 20, 2010

Does anyone know how to turn off the "ding" after you do a spell check? ...