A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does there really have to be a loud ding in our ears when there is no match for ADT?? - Annoyed

Posted: Jan 05, 2011

This doctor not only mumbles the name, but mumbles the spelling of the name.  I try every which way to spell what I hear, but I get that "no matching results found for the chosen criteria" ALONG WITH THAT *$#$ DING.  Its not enough to get that message of not finding the patient, but to hear that ding is driving me crazy....especially with report after report of this same name mumbling man...

No, there doesn't - Just turn it off

[ In Reply To ..]
It's a Windows message beep. Go to Start, sounds, and change your sound scheme to None.

Thanks! Did not know that. - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No problem - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It took only a couple times of blowing out my eardrums before I had to axe it.

Similar Messages:

How To Turn Off The Annoying Loud "ding Sound"at End Of Dictation/spell Check.
Nov 22, 2011

I thought there was a way to make that annoying ding sound at the end of the dictation when spell check is complete to sound softer.  I have Windows XP.  I keep looking in the control panel but it does not seem familiar to me as to the way I used to do it.  In some reports if the dictator talks low and then when you reach the end it blasts out my eardrum.  TIA. ...

In The PE He Dictates HEENT: Ears NTM Bilaterally. He Is NOT Saying "ears And TM" Sm
Jun 28, 2011

He's clearly saying Ears: NTM bilaterally .....  and ears and TM bilaterally makes no sense anyway.  Anyone know what that acronym could stand for?? in regard to ears/heent ???  I can't find it anywhere.  ...

DING, Ding, Ding, Ding
Nov 20, 2013

Ah, after a day off don't you just love to come back and read your emails? Evidently I got a lab value wrong, which of course is possible but this was a significant difference and I have been very very careful, but hey, it's THEIR word against mine so???? Also, got a doctors name wrong that was not on staff at the hospital. I sent it to QA and got dinged for it with a note that said "he spelled it for you!" Yeah well, they spell a lot of things, and not always right! How ofte ...

Pick Pick Ding Ding
Mar 19, 2014

Two questions. Does anyone else have the little screen that pops up and says Editscript has been inactive for 1 hour, will automatically shut down in 5 minutes and then counts down? IT COMES ON WHILE I AM WORKING! I have NEVER let my work sit for an hour, NEVER! Secondly,I had an appointment last week so missed an hour and missed a few minutes here and there enough to be over 2 hours short on my normal working hours. First I received an email (ON MY DAY OFF SO I DID NOT SEE IT) that I must m ...

Annoying Ding Sound
Jan 15, 2015

Silly question--just got a new monitor and now have this "ding" sound on finishing a chart.  Can't remember how to remove it.  Any ideas? ...

Ears
Mar 17, 2011

Doc dictates that ear canals and TMs are slightly injected, but no pain or s/l "pore-eye-tus". Ideas?  Thanx! ...

Ears Sm
Sep 30, 2011

Ears:  "aflux" present ??? ...

401 Match???
Jan 02, 2014

Maybe it is just me but I called Merrill Lynch and there was no match made to the 401K at the end of the year. Imagine that. They said they would match and then did not. Shame on me for believing them. ...

ENT - Glue Ears
Sep 18, 2010

Employing a Zeiss operating microscope, (S/L keratosquamous) debris and cerumen... As always, THANK YOU in advance... ...

401K Match
Mar 12, 2012

If there is anyone who understands the 401K match, can they give us a sample, ie, if you gross 1000 per pay period what the 25% of the first 4% would be and how much you could expect.  The way I do it, I would get 80 cents, so hoping I'm wrong. ...

Anyone Get Their 401K Match
Jul 16, 2012

Before I start slamming this company yet again for not keeping their promises, did anyone check their 401K and see a contribution?  I know they were supposed to start matching after July 1st and the paycheck on Friday the 13th was the first one.  I expected when I logged into my 401k this morning to see a contribution and surprise surprise nothing. ...

Just Thinking Out Loud!!!
Oct 14, 2010

I have been reading the daily posts for weeks now of MTs applying for jobs with MTSOs, large and small, leaving their sometimes current positions to go with a company who advertise they have new accounts, always steady work, never have to worry about NJA. Then, the MTs join these companies/service owners and within a day/sometimes hours, they have now fallen into the category of another day without work/waiting for work, etc. I just don't understand this. I would think this would be a ...

Loud Doctors
Mar 24, 2012

I have an account where nearly all the doctors seem to be yelling in the microphone or the recording volume is cranked up causing severe distortion of the audio, where turning my own volume down makes them quieter but then I can't make out what they are saying.  My CCM has brought this to the facility's attention and some have corrected their ways, but she named a couple of doctors who had refused.  Refused!?  Why?  Because someone is telling you what to d ...

I Probably Shouldn't Ask This Too Loud
Jul 24, 2013

Particularly on the review of systems and physical examination, now stacking up to the left if it is supposed to do so, with headings and colons? ...

HAPPY NEW EARS TO YOU ALL IN MQ LAND
Dec 31, 2009

No it is not a typo, and yes I am drinking.  So what.  ...

Does Anyone Know If MQ Does A 401K Match Anymore?
Mar 23, 2010

I'm wondering if I should just stop contributing at all.  I remember they used to, low as it was, at least it was something--like IF they made money, MAYBE they would and then a very low percentage, like 25 cents to the dollar?  Prob a mute point even asking.....but just wondering if they nixed that.  My sister is complaining because her company used to do a 100% match and now she only gets 75%.  Boo hoo!  At least she has a match.....I'm sure ours is now so ...

Transcription Match Maker
Jul 01, 2010

Has anybody tried Transcription Matchmaker? ...

Did I Miss Something About 401K Match
Mar 13, 2012

Did we get an email about them matching now? I didn't get one and I've seen some posts on here about it.  If so, can someone tell me the date they got the email?  Thanks ...

Don't You Love The 401K Match?
Mar 15, 2012

It's true I'm only part-time but I figure my match will be about $30/year.  How many chapsticks will that buy? ...

Stick A Finger In My Eye And Both Ears
Jul 10, 2012

I'm on my 29th report for the day and I have not had one decent dictator yet.  It's been solid insanity.  The whole day has been filled with: 1.  ESLs.  They are saying the right words, but they're not pronouncing them anywhere close to correct. 2.  What the heck?  Everyone is yawning and talking.  Please stop talking, go ahead and yawn (if you can't find the pause feature!) and then continue with your hard to unde ...

Is It My Ears, Or The Audio Software?
Aug 11, 2012

I'm new to having to work for an MTSO. The sound quality is atrocious on 80% of their dictators. The good dictators are perfectly clear. I will stop and adjust the speed/volume playing something mumbled over and over and not be able to understand it, then go back to re-listen when finished transcribing and it is perfectly clear on the first listen. Has anyone else experienced this with the sound quality, or have I developed some sort of hearing deficit? Thanks. ...

S/l *low Sigh Foci* Match
Oct 24, 2012

Px underwent stem cell transplant with a matched unrelated donor, 9/10 s/l *low sigh foci* match. ...

I Have Pinkeye And Congested Ears, But...
Feb 18, 2014

I have had pinkeye and congested ears for over 2 weeks now - went to an urgent care center, the nurse even said my eyes looked pink, but I was given nothing for it.  Last week I was called on the carpet by TSM, stating I am making too many errors.  Do you think I can't hear because my ears are congested and I can't see because I obviously have infection in my already suffering eyesight??  Why can't I get treatment for this?? ...

Falling On Deaf Ears
Jun 19, 2015

x ...

Please Help! You Know That LOUD Bell Sound That
Aug 28, 2010

happens right after you upload a job and right before you get the "spellcheck complete" message?  I know someone described how to stop that sound before but I can't find it.  I would be so appreciative if someone could let me know.......this thing is driving me CRAZY.  Thanks!  :) ...

Do You Talk Out Loud To Your Dictators
Jul 26, 2012

I do.  My faithful dog who sits beside me all day must think I am talking to him, but sometimes when they say the most idiotic things I just feel compelled to respond out loud.  It does make me feel better.  On the flipside of that, I wonder if the dictators are thinking to themselves while dictating that they sure hope I don't leave any blanks so they have to fill them in. It would be fun (?) to get together with some doctors and have a session of "To Tell The Truth A ...

At Least We Get To Laugh Out Loud While Working
May 06, 2014

MEDICATIONS: New pigeon. Don't you just love it? ...

Patient Has Some S/l Vomis Behind The Ears Bilaterally
Dec 23, 2009

This sounds like vomis/vaumis/volmis/volmus OR it could be a phomis sound.  Or maybe it begins with an "F." God only knows.  This is for an infant with a lot of dry skin during the physical exam.  What does this poor child have?? ...

Can This Be True? MQ Contributes 50% Match For 401k....
Apr 30, 2011

Out of curiosity I went to the Merrill Lynch site.  I was looking around on my personal page; I had NO idea how much I had in there, and it showed me (I was surprised as I thought it was much less) But what do I know about it...never really kept up on it..... However, I always thought MQ didn't contribute a CENT anymore?  I clicked on "Learn more about your company's match" and it said it matches 50% of the first 5% you contribute....WTH???  Can anyone confirm or refute ...

401K Match Stinks. Needs To Be Improved.
Nov 19, 2013

Here is an article that talks about 401K. Mmodal's 401K plan stinks. "The most common 401(k) employer match is now dollar-for-dollar for the first 6% of income that an employee defers." Mmodal only matches 25% up to 4% which equals 1% in a lump sum which is even stingier than matching it each pay period to allow the participants to take advantage of compounding. The worst thing - We don't even know if Mmodal is going to match this year. In years past they sent out a letter res ...