A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Head on the chopping block again - MModal Livestock

Posted: Aug 28, 2012

I failed a quality audit.  I have 3-4 weeks to confess my sins, repent and start bleating their praises.  Interestingly, I just got a letter from my MModal life insurance that says it was canceled and is addressed "Dear terminated employee."  A prophecy of things to come? 

Still, I find it oddly depressing.  How does MModal manage to birng me down after so long?  You would think I would be totally immune to it by now.  I know all the logical defenses: The doctors give 1% accuracy and we have to do the other 99%.  It's mostly a tactic to lower money and crush morale as a means of control through domination and subjugation.  Also, the system was designed by the idiots in the upper echelons of the company and is run by new, yet eeriely similar idiots.  So why, knowing all that, do I still feel like crap? 

A big part is that like most Americans I need my job to pay for the food, running water and shelter I've grown so attached to.  But honestly, the worst part by far is the humiliation and injustice.  We deal with the worst of the worst dictators.  I do everything I can to clean them up and make them readable.  Now typos, punctuation and grammar will be my downfall.  Meanwhile, a doctor of mine once said "He have bicycle, going really fast and he crashed his face."  It's like arresting someone for J-walking when there's a dozen murders happening on the same street. 

On one hand, I hope nobody else has to deal with this.  On the other, I hope I'm not the only one leaving off commas and putting "ot" instead of "to".  Truly, I am to MModal's quality standards what lava was to Pompeii. 

Maybe MM told the insurance company before they - told you. Maybe? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I kind of wondered that myself - MModal Livestock

[ In Reply To ..]
That would be hilarious if it was. The whole thing is staged and pre-planned. The quality watch is just a piece of theatre. I doubt it, but wouldn't be surprised either. One of MModal's key values is spite after all... or was that teamwork... no, it was definitely spite.

You know darn well those key values - broken promises

[ In Reply To ..]
Integrity (like ooh a Rewards Plan disguised as a pay cut or with ASR your line count will double)
Trust (like trust your instinct and start running)
Passion (got nothing here, I used to love my job but not anymore)
Intensity (nothing like an 8 hour shift making minimum wage will give you an intense headache or trying to pay the bills will give you an intense stomachache)
Value (McDonald's value meal because that is all you can afford after a full day's work)

I like Spite though, how about Secrecy? They surely say a whole lot of nothing in that improved communication.

Failed Audit - MT

[ In Reply To ..]

Commas are scored as feedback errors (no points)  However "ot" would be illogical (1 point)  Has your Quality Coach shared the 5-word proofread method with you?  Read along as you edit/transcribe and you will catch those errors.  But in order for you to fail, there had to be more than this.  Work with your Quality Coach closely.  I'm sure they want to help you.  

ha! that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one..QA wanting to help you! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
that's a good one! hahahahahahaha.

Well, I agree. They probably dont want to help one with - an attitude such as this. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

All quality coaches are not the same. Mine is very nice - and DOES WANT to help.

[ In Reply To ..]
It's unfortunate for those who have QC nazis.

Never heard of that proofreading method. Can you - explain? TIA nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Ot is illogical? - MModal Livestock

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm confused about that part, could you elaborate? Besides of course the general illogical nature of any mistake regardless of size:)

As for reading what I write as I write it, I do try obviously. Honestly, if there's an MT whose blindfolded during work and not looking at their stuff, that should be dealt with harshly;)

However, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, 10 years out of my life, very little pay, no benefits, a slap in the face weekly from corporate and no quality control for the doctors often leave me involuntarily not paying attention. I certainly don't mean to, but I must admit my morale is low.

You're definitely right about there being more serious errors on my audit to flunk (my score was 98.75). I didn't mean to imply that they had flunked me for those tiny errors I gave as example.

Mostly it's stuff that "changes the meaning of the sentence." NOT like "He's taking aspirin," and I accidentally put "He's allergic to aspirin." No, my mistakes are more like "The patient went to a supermarket," and I would put "The patient went to the supermarket." See, that would imply that there is only one supermarket left in the world, thus triggering the doctor and patient to form a suicide pact, rather than face the apocalyptic wasteland now assumed to be outside the hospital.

I will of course try to improve my attention on the job, though with these mush-mouth doctors, it's likely all for naught. As for a quality coach, I will accept public flogging and execution before a quality coach (I'm Irish/German/Jewish, we are stubborn to the tenth power). My career lived as a professional and it will die as one. Since I know how to listen, read, write, edit and use a computer, there's nothing left to learn of my chosen craft (none of my errors were things I didn't know). If I can't pull it together, the doctors can't speak more clearly or QA lighten up for a change, there's really only one course to sail.

Not saying anything bad about QA or quality coaches, just wanted to clarify. They're doing their job same as me. We're all just trying to make it another day. I just personally think that quality coaches for veterans are pointless.

Why wasn't -ot- picked up on spell check? - justanothercowintheherd

[ In Reply To ..]
did you add it for some reason. Mine offered to substitute OT for it.
Ah, I forgot about the spell check difference - MModal Livestock
[ In Reply To ..]
Substituting OT for ot, I forgot about that. I'm not on DocQscribe. I use a program from my original employer who was bought out. Our spell check in no way whatsoever recognizes capitalization. Also, you can never remove a word from it once it's in there, even if you accidentally added it. And it comes preloaded with many fake words. So me putting in "ot" is the same to it as OT for occupational therapy. Makes it a bit harder when every abbreviation in the world is just another word.

Sad to say, I miss the old DQS I used years ago. I hear the new versions are terrible though, so I'm not looking forward for the conversion, but maybe it won't be so bad for me. My actual transcribing program stops all the time for "auto-save." If you get disconnected your report is just gone, so where it saves to not even tech support knows.
Will you eventually be transitioned to DQ7? The spellcheck on - your platform sounds hideous. Maybe
[ In Reply To ..]
it will be a welcoming change for you. DQ7 is like any other new platform, you gotta get use to it and kinks gotta be worked out. But Im on 7.1 so not sure about those on regular 7.

At any rate, I really do wish you well. Its not like you bombed it. Look on the bright side, 98.75 rounds up to 99 :)

Geez, it's a simple typo. Since when did that - become a sin? SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Not one person is perfect. It's insanity. Those who came up with this ridiculousness should be judged for everything they do, write, say, etc. for 1 day and see how many points they lose. Compared to the garbage that is put out there by the VR/dictators, we should be heralded for what we do with it.

It became a sin the day MT signed the contract. When MT - agreed to turn out jobs with no typos. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
When you were - in school,
[ In Reply To ..]
I bet you were a hall monitor & kept track of everyone's transgressions.
No, I was shy, never spoke up. Then I grew up and learned - not to be a doormat. Learned to SM
[ In Reply To ..]
stand by my word and if I tell someone I was going to do something, I do it to the best of my ability and dont make excuses and expect sympathy when I dont do my best.
If everyone lived up to their word, never shirked their promises - (read conntracts), never cheated, never SM
[ In Reply To ..]
tried to get over on someone else, hall monitors would not be needed.
Yes, you will never ever, never - ever make a typo
[ In Reply To ..]
if you live up to your word, never shirked your promise and read those pesky conntracts.
This isnt work & never said I dont make typos. What do they say - about spelling police here? Oh yeah, go away. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
s
Not spelling police, just pointing out - how easy it is to make a typo
[ In Reply To ..]
So what was your point, then? You think she is whining because she didn't read her contract?
Good thing I didnt sign a contract with MTStars. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Bless your heart. I agree everyone should excuse your - mistakes. Not everyone is a good MT. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Wow, was it that bad? I can see falling below 99%, but - and definitely understand your

[ In Reply To ..]
being so upset by it, but you make it sounds as though you just scored awful. Im sorry for you, I really am. I dont like to make mistakes either and will get bent out of shape over the slightest things I review in MME feedback.

I usually write it down and add a quick text, but I know thats not possible in every case, but you can make one for "ot" to change to "to" if thats a frequent transposition you make.

Good luck and I hope its not at all like what you are thinking or feeling right now; however, the letter would have freaked me out too and led me to pick up the phone and call HR immediately.

LOL about calling HR. Know what you mean - MModal Livestock

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, it's certainly not dire yet. It's just the last time I got quality audit at MQ I was let go 3 weeks later, so it sort of freaks me out.

I would have called HR too, but I have PTO coming up and I thought it would be just my luck if I called them up and they said "Wait, you're still here? And we've been paying you?" :)

LOL!!!..at least you can laugh about it. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Failed audit - cr

[ In Reply To ..]
What a shame. It's obvious you're exceptionally bright and deserving of praise, not dismissal. I'm so sorry for your unfair turn of events. Maybe this will open the door to something better for you.

it was just your turn Livestock - next month it could be mine

[ In Reply To ..]
99% is impossible to hold to. Try not to feel too bad.

Similar Messages:

Well I Am Finally On The Chopping Block
Jul 23, 2012

I was told last Friday that if my score is not 99% for the next pay period I will be terminated. This last pay period I had a 98.6% score. So if I don't reach 99 that will be it. Funny how that is the same time that my account marchs off to a foreign country! I love my job!  : ) loved, I mean! : ( ...

Block 1
Oct 24, 2009

Does this make sense? The specimens are submitted in block 1.  ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of Rib Block?
Jan 28, 2010

I am typing a repair of ventral hernia with mesh implant.  I finished with the report but need help ASAP with the blank.  (Rib block)  Thanks to all for help in advance.   Thanks ...

Mental Block With L4-5 And 5-1? Is It L5 T1
Jul 16, 2010

He is definitely saying L4-5 and 5-1 and I am thinking it is L5, T1?  What else could it be.  Says this many times for the OP note.   Thanks for any help!! ...

NEM Surgical Block?
Apr 27, 2012

The patient had a cyst excised with with careful excision of the capsule of the cyst, s/l NEM block, and sent for pathological evaluation.  ...

Does Anyone Know How To Block Certain Emails?
May 07, 2014

I would rather not receive emails from FIASCO and would like to block them. Is that possible? Their nastygrams cause me to make MORE mistakes, not less. When are they going to realize the damaging psychology behind this charade? ...

CHOP Fascicular Block
Feb 25, 2010

Never heard of this ... "CHOP" fascicular block ...

AV Block, Number Types
Jan 30, 2012

I know that Mobitz type AV block is always expressed in roman numerals- but with just AV block types I, II, etc. is that also correctly expressed in roman numerals?  I always thought yes but have a coworker here saying no.  Just want to get a definitive answer.  Thanks! ...

Hypogastric Nerve Block
Jun 01, 2012

SL ... "alar clot"  "This was done while injecting a small alar clot of 1% Lidocaine to anesthetize the tract."   Thanks!     ...

Having Writers Block.. Is It Symmetric Or Symmetrical
Nov 05, 2009

Face is symmetrical. ...

1-to-1 Mixture Or One-to-one Mixturundle Branch Block Nm
Jan 07, 2010

x ...

Block-style Vertical List
Sep 20, 2011

Does anyone have a sample of this?  I think it should just be: 1.    Hello 2.    Goodbye 3.    Etc. However, when I attempt to look it up, it seems much more complicated.    ...

Atrial Ventricular Block Question
Feb 21, 2012

There is a first-degree atrial ventricular block.  There is one beat with a variant conduction, perhaps an intermittent right bundle branch block.  Does this make sense?  Thanks.   ...

I Love Working For Nuance And Have Been Around The Block
Sep 25, 2013

Why Is It Such A Big Deal What Your Signature Block Says On Your E Mail
Dec 27, 2013

For the life of me I don't get what the big deal is. You have to put on so much information on your signature block, your accts, time zone you are in, your schedule, your manager, what is the big freaking deal. Do you need our blood type as well? ...

Getting All New Things Tonight..blocked And Digital Block.
Nov 09, 2009

does this make sense?   The foot was cleaned and prepped in the usual sterile fashion.  The second toe was *blocked using a Marcaine and lidocaine mix in a digital block.* tia. ...

Can We Block The E-mails From Fiesa Error Alerts. They Suk. No Msg
Sep 02, 2013

no ...

ANESTHESIA: S/l Regional Block With KEVA, KEEVA? Any Suggestions? Thanks
Jun 20, 2011

EKG Shows S/L A Paced, V Sensed, Left Bundle Branch Block
Dec 16, 2009

EKG shows S/L     A paced, V sensed, left bundle branch block.  Is A paced, V sensed correct or is it just a paced V sensed ? ...

Mit Or M-head Or ....
Oct 15, 2009

Under the indications for procedure heading, the doctor says " _____ is a 26-year-old female..." It almost sounds like Mit or Med or Mhead....any ideas? At first I thought maybe "Man" but its a female. ...

HEAD UP NJA
Jul 21, 2010

I read EVERYDAY about ppl on this board having no jobs at the Q, not being able to contact their CCM or RTL to get work.  I got a phone call (not an e-mail) ASKING if I could take on another couple of accounts because "the people assigned to these accounts apparently can't get their TAT up"  The sugar on top is this is suppose to be a "straight type facility"...  WOW!  I took the accounts, I mean, I've been working steady for about 3 - 4 months, FT hours, nary a NJ ...

CT Head
Oct 05, 2010

CT of the brain showed no acute findings.  Old injury of left s/l laminapapy worsia and sinus disease. ...

MRI Of The Head
Mar 26, 2012

MRI of the head demonstrated acute subdural hematoma extending from the left fronto-temporal region to left parietal occipital region measuring 4-5 mm ???(s/l Leis or Weiss) diameter ...

Going Over Sup's Head
May 09, 2013

Has anyone used the second tier of contact regarding no answers from supervisor?  If so, any ramifications? ...

Just A Head's Up ...
Nov 11, 2013

I'm an MME, and in editing reports these past few weeks I'm noticing a huge number of gender mix ups in the reports I'm seeing.  In some reports, it almost seems to toggle back and forth from he/she/him/her, etc with absolutely no consistency.  It seems to be an ASR issue.  I'm not sure why it's happening but what I AM noticing is that a lot of MTs aren't catching it.  If I am the MME for your report, I will always correct them while I'm fil ...

All I Can Do Is Shake My Head .... (SM)
Dec 28, 2009

I found an ad this morning that I was so excited about, part-time MT in 2 specialties that I love, started my email to the company when I went back to look at the job ad and it states UP TO 0.7 per line.  Immediately I deleted the email, shook my head and went on looking.  What amazes me even more is that these people/companies who offer these horrible wages generally act like they are doing you a favor!!  Sad, so very sad .... ...

From A Head Ct Dictation
Mar 09, 2010

(Philpha)contiguous (cyamal) images were obtained ... Thank you.   ...

My Head Is Swirling!
Mar 29, 2010

So much going on!  Got an e-mail Friday that all jobs, regardless of how many blanks it has in is, is going directly to the customer.  Got another e-mail about Benchmark, and I have no clue what that is all about.  Not certified, don't want to be certified, so if it has anything to do with that - and we HAVE to from what I am gathering.  Then they train me for full DQS accounts, and there is never any work on those accounts.  My primary was supposed to go SR in Janu ...

Neurology Head CT Help Please
Apr 06, 2010

Head CT findings show ipsilateral s/l ex-wy-i-co distension of the lateral ventricle ...

What Are The Best Head Phones
Apr 30, 2010

What is the best head phones.  I have tried so many, but I know there has to be a better set. I currently use Logitech. ...