A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fluency or me? - dumbfounded

Posted: Jan 03, 2014

I have tried and tried to like this stupid platform, but I just do not know if its me or the platform.  Before i used to get 1800 to 2000 lines a day no problem.  Now I can barely get 1000.  I just don't get it!!!!!  I am on the same acct, I'm not doing anything different, it just kills me!!!  What is it?

You are not alone - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It's hard when you have to constantly stop to look things up. Don't see improvement any time soon.

Fluency does NOT learn - nasty platform

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked on it for a different company for 7 months... I was making the same grammatical and punctuation changes at the end as when it first started... plus other common medical words it mostly never got right.

That does not even make sense. - Do you understand the difference...

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you understand that there is a difference between the software platform that we use, i.e., Fluency, and the ASR technology that generates the drafts that we edit?

It makes no sense to say that Fluency is a nasty platform because it "does not learn."

You are talking about the ASR, not the platform itself.

I am just shaking my head at your comment.

not the poster you are replying to, but - What. Ever.

[ In Reply To ..]
it's like people who get upset when someone says outsourcing rather than offshoring. We knew what she meant.

If it DID learn, after we had taught it SM - ME

[ In Reply To ..]
on our UNpaid time, having received 1/2 pay cut - it would probably be outsourced to those MTs who like everything (dictation/VR) ready-made and easy (India maybe?)

As long as it DOESN'T learn, the experienced MTs will be stuck with it.

How much time have you given it? - What is the problem?

[ In Reply To ..]
You must have some notion of what is slowing you down.

Are you going from straight typing to editing? That takes getting used to.

Are you transitioning from one platform to another? You need time to establish new muscle memory. Like a month or two before it becomes automatic.

I'm always baffled by those who say ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
... they can't even get 1000 lines a day working for MModal. *Something* is getting in the way of your production, but only you know what that is. One thing is for sure, it's not Fluency.

This is the beginning of a new year. Make a commitment to yourself to dedicate yourself to your production this year. What does that look like for you? Maybe it means, to work on the area of distractions. Are you easily distracted and pulled away from your work? Are you on Facebook, Twitter, or other social media more than you should be? What about your shortcuts, are there some that you can input that will help increase your production?

Another BIG booster of production are the refresher courses that MModal offers. TRUST ME I thought they would never help and I avoided them for the longest. But I finally did take one a couple of months ago and WOW, what a difference. You may "think" you know everything there is to know about this software but in a refresher course you learn little nuances that can boost your production at least 5-10%.

Sorry, but I've worked on software from other companies and BY FAR, Fluency is the latest and the greatest. It's not perfect, it has some quirks and there are times I agree it doesn't learn but if you eliminate all your distractions, work on your production and attend one of the refresher courses you might be amazed at how much your production skyrockets.

Again ... it's a new year. Make one of your intentions this year to really dedicate to your production and trust me you'll be doing 2-3 times the lines you're doing now. There is NO reason why anyone working with this company should only be typing 1000 lines a day working full time. Sorry, I just don't see it.

As someone who did this over 40 years - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
before retiring I can tell you that the biggest impediment to good production is the BOB you are in. It is mystifying since the OP says her account hasn't changed but for me the last change in BOB was the deciding factor.

Fluency tip - Obi Wan

[ In Reply To ..]
Fluency is a Windows based program, so all of the key functions (with very few exceptions) work the same as any other Windows based program. Cut, paste, navigation are all the same as if you were in Microsoft Word or even searching Google. Try focusing on the differences, one of which is the ESC key in Fluency. I love the ESC key, but it won't work in Fluency, so don't use it. If you are familiar with other Windows based software this should help.

fluency or me - dumbfounded

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for some of the helpful responses. I've been working on fluency since late sept and the line count just does not increase, I have taken the courses, I add expansions, use Instant text, I have no distractions, etc, etc. I just don't know why my line count sucks, I feel like a do a ton of work, but then look at the lines and never gets close to what I used to do. I just don't get it. I feel very frustrated. I know I can produce I've been doing it for years, just since this change I am not for some reason. I just don't know how I can go from 1800 to 2000 lines a day to 1000 a day and I mean it does not go over 1000, which I also think is weird.

It could just be - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
the quality of dictation you're getting. We all get those dictators, who just don't have the ability to get their brains in gear with their mouths and so they're constantly backtracking, jumping around to this and that, mispronouncing words and basically not making any sense or are probably just too burned out to care anymore, etc., etc. After a few hours of this type of craziness, of course, your line count is going to plummet. Also, I note it takes longer now for jobs to download, as well as to look up old reports. We really do deal with a lot of things that just eat up our time, I've only mentioned a few. Shortcuts are great, but don't really address what we have to make sense of in order to process that perfect report...

on your little graph - what does it show?

[ In Reply To ..]
your little graph shows your lines per hour. What is it showing most of the time?

[ In Reply To ..]
that's the thing too that has me confused, it's usually between 218 and 228 and my keyboard per active time ratio is never below 96 to 98% so I'm not off playing around.

well where are you getting your - line counts?

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you going to the line counter thingie on Fluency manager and running a total each day and each day it's less than 1000? That doesn't sound right if your graph shows over 200 lph. Have you asked your TSM about this?
[ In Reply To ..]
From fluency manager, I run stats there. Yes have talked to TSM, has no idea, but thinks its "strange" and neither does help desk, they "checked" to make sure fluency is installed correctly.

Could be another underhanded trick - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not put anything past this company. They may have decided to eliminate certain things that used to be counted before.

but then we'd all notice - line decreases

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't had any.

That's true - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
but they may be trying something in certain BOBs and not others. I don't usually subscribe to conspiracy theories but as I said, I wouldn't put anything past this company.

I love Fluency/Docqscribe - but

[ In Reply To ..]
that is the first program I ever worked on.. Went to other companies, it was eh, but I never could get the hang of their programs and lagged behind everyone else..it is the only reason I came back here. Now the ASR, whole other story, that sucks, this is the only company I worked for that uses it..

Similar Messages:

Fluency 7.2
Feb 03, 2013

Has anyone been on it yet and can tell us what issues were addressed? ...

MT Fluency
Mar 18, 2013

The new MT fluency I downloaded- obviously this is where we get work.  Does not have work right now?  No jobs are coming up, just wondering if there is something I didnt do right-just got back from vacation. ...

DQM Or Fluency Whatever
Apr 18, 2013

? ...

Need Help For Fluency (DQS) 7.2 - Please!!
Jun 06, 2013

I'm am away from home with my laptop and need to work tomorrow morning.  I thought I had Fluency 7.2 loaded on here, but I don't.  It's version 7.1.  Can anyone please let me know where to find the llink to download 7.2 is, or send me an email with the link?!!  I know I will get in trouble if I try to work on the old version.  I have the email from my TSM saved in the email system, but it won't let me get past the first page of emails to find it. &nbs ...

Help On Using Fluency And SR
Aug 23, 2013

What is the best way to make required lines in Fluency?  Got my hand slapped today being too slow.   ...

DQM Or Fluency Or
Oct 21, 2013

not working?  I am ready to chuck this MM rattletrap computer into the trash pile ...

Fluency Going Down Again, Or Just Me?
Nov 13, 2013

Fluency-I Know You Are Not Going To Believe This!
Dec 09, 2013

I suspected this because I thought "I know I typed that correctly" but this time I saw it happen.  I'm doing a standard report and typed metaphyseal awl, but Fluency changed it to metaphyseal scar, it just changed period.  How does that happen?  Lord have mercy, I really hate this system.  ...

Is Fluency Down Or Just Me? NM
Feb 11, 2014

What Is Fluency?
Feb 16, 2014

Just curious.  Try to stay on top of what is going on in case I ever HAVE to reapply!!! ...

Fluency 7.4
Mar 19, 2014

Loaded 7.4 on my own computer.  Downloaded and put icon on desktop but I am unable to open it.  I sometimes will have this problem if I load links from MM through IE.  I used Chrome and FireFox but still unable to open...  Spoke to techs in India and they said it is because I'm using my own computer and to contact a domestic tech through my TSM.  You guys know so much so I thought I would send this out to you :)  Anyone?? ...

7.4 Fluency
Mar 20, 2014

I have found my line count dropping with the 7.4 and I really don't like it.  Seems to be more steps to take just to get out of the ADT field.  Anyone else feel this way? ...

Fluency Go Down For Anybody Else Just Now?
May 15, 2014

XX ...

Fluency Down?
Sep 25, 2014

Job didn't upload, said I can't access system until it can receive jobs!   ...

If Your Fluency Is Down Right Now, When You Are Able To
Oct 01, 2014

get back in again, will you please post that it's back up again?  Nobody ever seems to post that & I'm always late to notice it's up again!  And I will do the same if I notice it up first.  TIA   :) ...

Fluency 7.5
Oct 17, 2014

and I haven't even started on it, just took the training.  Anyone else? ...

Fluency 7.5 Don't Like It
Oct 20, 2014

Don't like it.  Hate having to hit the shift-alt-key combination.  Extra steps to upload.  Blah. ...

Is Fluency Down?
Dec 15, 2014

xx ...

Fluency Down AGAIN???
Dec 17, 2014

Let's hope it's down for an extra hour after my shift...that'll be my hour of OT! ...

In Fluency, Is There A Way To
Jan 20, 2015

add a blank line while in auto-numbering, like if they want #1 to be in several different paragraphs before going to #2? ...

Fluency
Apr 10, 2015

Does anyone find this program to be better than Word...?...and does anyone find that they really can do double in production?  Just wondering as some have posted that they can get 600 lph....and Pinocchio, I think, had children. ...

Fluency Down
Apr 25, 2015

Anyone else having trouble with loading client profile?  There is a master ticket #1347839 for anyone having these issues. ...

Fluency/BR
May 18, 2015

"All hands on deck." Really, someone needs a new line, geez BR! How about you put your hands on deck! ;) ...

DocQscribe/Fluency
Nov 08, 2012

My account is in the process of switching platforms.  The new platform will be DocQscribe, now called Fluency.  Does anyone know if copying and pasting from MS Word to DocQscribe/Fluency is an option?  I would only need to do this until I purchase a new shorthand program.  I'm using a very old one and I have been told it will not work. ...

Fluency SR Proficiency
Dec 19, 2012

Is this thing a joke?  Who monitors this stuff?  I got my scores and got a 1.0 on highlighter usage.  I use it all the time!  I then got a 5.0 for speeding up playback.  I never do that!  Also got 1.0 for using arrows, Ctrl, Alt, etc.  I use them all the time too.  What is the point of this? ...

Fluency/DQS Slow??
Jan 28, 2013

Anyone else having painfully slow downloads?? Finally get a little work and it's taking FOREVER to download. My internet seems very fast, so has to be a Fluency issue. ...

Anyone Else Having Problems With Fluency
May 23, 2013

nm ...

Fluency Lag Question
Jun 21, 2013

Does anybody else have lag when they are straight typing?  I had this for awhile on their company-provided  with inadequate specs (even though they still sent it as an "upgrade" for Fluency) and figured it was due to inadequate RAM since everything else was so slow.  However,  I recently decided to just set up an account on my personal computer with Win 7 and 3 times more RAM than required and, although everything else is pleasantly super fast, I still get laggy when straight ...

Fluency Slow For Anyone Else?
Aug 12, 2013

Very slow uploading and downloading.  Just wondering if it was just me? ...

Odd Message When Trying To Log In To Fluency
Aug 22, 2013

"there is already a user logged in on this account from another location.  You cannot use this account until they have disconnected."I have never seen this!  I was working earlier, logged off for a break, and came back tried to log in again and this is what it keeps saying every time I try to  log in. ...