A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

psych note funny - mt4years

Posted: May 14, 2010

I was reviewing a psych. note before processing it and came across something that I thought might make someone's day... :-)  The dr. said, "Serial 3's ..." and the typist put "Cereal 3's..."...  Sure was glad I caught that one...

cereal - Marine Mom

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm glad I'm not the only one that looks at other MT's work and says to myself, "I can't believe you still have a job". OR "I sure hope you are still on 100% QA status because I pray that report didn't go to the client"!

cereal - mt4years

[ In Reply To ..]
Isn't that the truth... Sadly this report had not gone to QA and I was processing just before sending... I did reach thru the puter tho' and shake the MT since said MT has been typing for at least 5 years and knows better.. Sooo glad I caught it.. Just one of those lucky things that kinda jumps off the page at ya..

Cereal and Cabbage - nm - MTchefs

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
cereal and cabbage - mt4years
[ In Reply To ..]
ROFL... How could I forget! Oh and how about "a ponderosa" for "aponeurosis"..

How about this? - Ella (retired)

[ In Reply To ..]
Using a word expander, I once typed, "This is a 43-year-old bowel movement with a history of sarcoidosis", meaning, of course, "black male", and it actually made it to the hospital. The doctor was running up and down the corridors shaking the copy of the report, ranting and raving about "those incompetent girls"! Can't say I blame him. I was severely chastised by the office manager. Today it would have been "African American", and no way could you mess that up....
too much cereal and caggabe can lead to a BM that could live - for 43 years. Or resemble one.
[ In Reply To ..]
;^]
ROTFLM*O!!!!! nm - Ella (retired)
[ In Reply To ..]
..or how about bologna amputation LOL! - nm - starzzz
[ In Reply To ..]
Response - Liza
[ In Reply To ..]
How about below knee amputation?
Oh balogna! - bobo
[ In Reply To ..]
x
How about this? - dojest
[ In Reply To ..]
Ha - how about if you had Alcoholics Anonymous as your AA?

Baloney amputation remains my favorite...
Funny you should ask. - Ella (retired)
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been clean and sober for going on 25 years, and the 12-step Program has been my life. It works.
My "aa" was for "area". nm - Ella (retired)
[ In Reply To ..]

Lord have mercy. - Ella (retired)

[ In Reply To ..]
This MT must have been running on automatic and semicomatose. I hate to admit, I've done that too.

Similar Messages:

ER Note/Psych Regarding Suicide Precautions
Aug 18, 2011

The ER physician is dictating something like "I made her an AMA" or "a no MA" before she says suicide precautions.  Any help appreciated!  ...

Typical VR Error - Funny And Also Not Funny
Oct 20, 2013

If you have any questions, please hesitate to contact us. (obviously should be -- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.) ...

Psych Med
Aug 06, 2010

[sounds like bathanical] 10 mg tablets three times a day ...

Psych Job
Oct 29, 2010

Did anybody who applied for the psych job ever hear back? ...

Psych Help Please
Aug 24, 2011

Suicidal patient. Leading sentences below: Positive suicidal ideation. No homicidal ideation. Positive auditory hallucinations. Positive s/l flight of ideas. Positive s/l 10 dentiality. Negative visual hallucinations. Thank you, Teri ...

In A Psych Report, What Does This Mean?
May 18, 2010

TB/TI/TC/TW Thanks.  ...

Psych Scale
Jun 23, 2010

The patient completed a PHQ and a s/l lupus Functioning Scale.  Lucas?  Can't document anywhere.  TIA. ...

Psych Consultation
Oct 19, 2010

At the end of the report the doctor says Axis I -Adjustment disorder with anxiety, moderate in degree. Then he says "New paragraph, Psychogenic amnesia", then he says Axis II . Do I skip a line after Axis I, then write Psychogenic amnesia? How do I set that up? Please help, Thanks. ...

The Psych Ad Is Posted Again
Oct 31, 2010

Looks like the psych position is open....? ...

Psych Diagnosis
Jan 23, 2011

I am wondering if it is necessary to type out GAF in the diagnosis or to leave as is.  Thanks for your advice. ...

Psych MT By The Hour
Mar 03, 2011

Someone posted a job on the Job Seekers board advertising $12.00 an hour for a psych MT.   How does that work?  They don't mean a dictated hour do they?  ...

Psych Transcribing?
Mar 26, 2012

Is there anyone here who can tell me why many of the companies who have psych reports only want MTs with 5 or more years experience? I've done a few psych reports and had no problems with them. I find them fascinating and would love to secure a job doing mainly those type of reports (if there are such jobs?). Just wondering why the 5 year requirement? Thank you in advance to anyone who has an answer.  ...

Psych Med Lacturna
Jul 31, 2012

s/l Lactura lacturna floctura, said with Hispanic accent, 40 mg a day.  ?? ...

Psych Term
Oct 10, 2012

I am stuck on a term that has been repeated several times in a progress note and I'm not getting it nor am I finding it on the internet.  Of course, my word books are at home and I'm working from my sister's today to look after my mom....anywho.  Here are  my blanks:    He also reported some benefit from the increase in the Cogentin with decreased _____.  In addition, his Cogentin was increased from 1 mg to 1.5 mg and then to 2 mg due to complaint ...

Psych Work
Sep 26, 2014

Does anyone know any companies hiring for Psych specialty? ...

CDH Psych Solutions
Apr 01, 2015

Does anyone have any information on this company, i.e., pay, line requirements, etc.?  I tried googling them, but found absolutely nothing, which doesn't mean they are not real because I currently work for a very small local company that has no website.  Looking to bring in a little more income, so anything helpful would be very much appreciated. ...

So Funny!
Nov 22, 2009

I was just trying to get into MQ Central, and I was having problems, and I immediately thought, uh oh, here go the layoffs!  I mean immediately!  I tried again and was able to finally get in, but it was just so crazy.  I hope I get another job soon, I can't live like this.  Damn you Q!! ...

Any Other MDI Think It Is Funny That We Have Not
Jan 31, 2010

Anyone other MDIer think it is funny that we have not heard one word from Dorothy, not even a good luck, nothing.  She took the money and ran.  She does not give a crap about all of us. ...

ASR Funny For The Day
Mar 30, 2010

"The patient states that he also has a bowel in his toneails." Suppose to be "...a pull of his toenails" (explained later as pulling sensation because of thick toenails).    ...

Funny ASR.....(sm)
Jul 14, 2010

I thought we all need a laugh.  I was typing the other night and it was supposed to say "the patient had internal hemorrhoids," but typed the patient had "mental hemorrhoids."  I about fell out of my chair laughing.  Very fittiing though because I think MQ gives a lot of us "mental hemorrhoids."  ...

MT AD, Funny
Oct 19, 2010

Just had to share this.  An ad on the local radio inviting "everyone" to a seminar to become a "medical transcriptionist.  Earn more money working at home than in an office."  I laughed.  I would definitely have gone, but unfortunately it is at least 1-2 hours away on a working night.  How I wish it was closer.  I would have love to have gone and given them an earful.  I want to know where those jobs are because I'll go find one.  Alas, it is not mean ...

Too Funny
Nov 08, 2010

SKULL SERIES:    REASON FOR EXAM:  The patient wants his skull checked for wires that he thinks aliens might have implanted.    Beam me up Scotty!!!! ...

MT Funny
Dec 30, 2010

On a lot of MTSO web sites there is a picture of a happy smiling MT with perfect hair and makeup wearing a headset with a mouthpiece to speak into.  I wonder who are they talking to?  LOL! ...

WMX--it Seems Awfully Funny To Me That As Soon As (sm)
Mar 21, 2011

these new changes with account managers happened, the work has totally dried up (I have not been out of work for a very long time and have had much OT). Can you say offshore? I thought you could. Will have to keep an eye on Webquist. ...

My Funny Of The Day
Dec 20, 2011

My hand has been hurting for a couple of days.  So I'm laying there with my boyfriend and he's rubbing it, and he says in a serious voice........ DO YOU TYPE WITH BOTH HANDS???? I LAUGHED FOR 20 MINUTES....... I finally said, "No, I'm left-handed".......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Bless his heart........He was seriously getting ready to diagnose some stuff guys!  Enjoy your day MTStars.......   ...

ASR Not So Funny
Jan 26, 2012

It just referred to the patient as Ms. Toilet.  I suppose it could be true, but we really have to check things closely.  ...

QA Funny
Jul 22, 2013

too funny not to share. dicatator was talking about beach. I transcribed water pail only to have it changed to water pale.  HMMMMM. I am noticing a lot of crazy errors by QA lately.   ...

My TSM (PM?) Is So Funny - Sm
Aug 29, 2013

Whatever she's called.  I never talk to her on the phone because she is much more interested in what her kids and dogs are doing than what I have to say.  She changed my schedule by phone one day, and then called me the day after I was off to find out why I hadn't worked the day before.  I went part time and sent her an email with the request, worked the new schedule for over a week before she called me to say she had to evaluate my request for schedule change.  Tol ...

Just A Little Funny
Mar 21, 2014

I was looking at glassdoor, where you can see reviews of different companies.  I was looking to see if there were any reviews on M*Modal.  AND there are.  The majority are bad -- really bad.  What I find funny is that even Indian employees are complaining about them.  One of them wrote "Joining here is like you are committing a suicide".  So, how bad does a company have to be that even people in India think it is horrible? ...

Funny To Me
Jun 10, 2014

It's funny how every Friday we get emails "SOS, accounts out of TAT."  You already take 1 of my weekend days, you will never get the other.  ...