A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Interesting article about tech & worldview - and Wage Theft

Posted: Apr 11, 2015

See especially the paragraph about driving down wages and controlling hiring.  This reminds me of MM and N's recent calling of ex-employees, and the recent post about the ex-employee being BULLIED  (the post is on the board here). 

Similar Messages:

Interesting Article On VBC...
Jun 14, 2011

http://health-information.advanceweb.com/Article/VBC-Compensation-for-MTs.aspx Read the comments too.  The second one is on point! ...

Interesting Article...
Aug 07, 2011

This just basically proves that it still takes a human to do what a computer can't do...     ...

Another Interesting Article...sm
Jul 12, 2012

found this interesting and encouraging... ...

Interesting Article Re EMR
Sep 22, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/22/business/medicare-billing-rises-at-hospitals-with-electronic-records.html?smid=pl-share Please read!   ...

Interesting Medquist Article
Aug 11, 2011

http://www.faqs.org/sec-filings/110316/MEDQUIST-INC_10-K/ ...

Very Interesting Article To Read.
Mar 11, 2012

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1226934/Indian-police-arrest-company-boss-accused-selling-medical-records-British-patients.html ...

Interesting Article About Nuance
Mar 22, 2012

I was reading an email about current trends in the industry and it talked about Nuance's acquisition of Transcend and how Nuance had acquired 43 companies since being in business, gaining some of those acquisitions by bullying competitors with lawsuits and then buying them out. Then I stumbled across this article on Bloomberg Businessweek. It's a little dated (May 2011) but quite interesting, especially the quote from the Dave Grannan, CEO of Vlingo: "Competing with Nuance is like havi ...

Stumbled Across An Interesting Article
Jul 12, 2012

It was from a 2011 article on SR ... the comments are being made by Lynn Kosegi from M*Modal: Someone else who has been very eloquently making the same case for a while is Lynn Kosegi of M*Modal. Lynn presented at AHDI Florida twice last year, at our technology workshop and at our annual meeting, and she explained that paying speech rec editors at 50% the line rate effectively punishes the best producers and those producers will ultimately be lost to the profession, replaced by transcription di ...

Interesting Article About Scribes, Etc.
Aug 28, 2013

"Wow, the rates have gone down! Only $8-$10 per hour for these folks? That̢۪s great! Minimum wage in Oregon is currently $8.40 per hour. That means that I can get someone smart enough to learn medical terminology (the average medical student̢۪s vocabulary doubles over four years of medical school), operate an EMR (every one is different, and most all of them are hideously complex), listen carefully (a rare commodity in itself), type quickly (remember, the average follow-up visit only las ...

Interesting Article On Scribes...
Mar 01, 2014

From Health Care IT News - February 2014.  Interview with an ER doctor about using scribes in the ER and the process of documenting/entering information. http://www.healthcareitnews.com/blog/medical-scribes-history-present-illness-now-narrative ...

Thought This Was An Interesting Article
Jun 23, 2014

Personally, I think it would be great if we had TV commercials or radio commercials showing the impact and decline of the accuracy of patients' medical records and the starving of US MTs to death by greedy MTSOs offshoring to other countries. http://www.ahdilounge.org/index.php/2014/06/is-it-time-to-take-to-the-streets/ ...

Interesting Article Regards Apps And
Oct 24, 2014

From Boston Biz Journal http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/health-care/2014/10/apps-the-next-frontier-to-the-electronic-medical.html?page=all ...

Interesting Article About Transcriptionists Not Going Away
Jun 10, 2015

I came across this today when I was searching info on medical transcription. I found it interesting when it said offshoring was once popular in the 90s... http://www.ahdpg.com/calling-all-transcriptionists-the-world-needs-you/ ...

Interesting Article On Spheris Buyout.
Jun 01, 2010

Below is the link to article. http://business.nashvillepost.com/2010/03/15/spheris-seeks-approval-for-850k-bonus-plan/ ...

Interesting Article, Nuance/M*Modal 20% Of Tx Business. Sm
May 22, 2012

Although this article dates back to March, I found it interesting. Had no idea that Nuance and MQ (M*Modal) only had 20% of the transcription business when this was written in March, 2012. http://seekingalpha.com/article/408141-can-transcend-services-write-its-own-ticket ...

Interesting Article About Fraudulent Scribing Practices
Mar 09, 2014

Hmmmmmm...I think I'll pass on trying to become a scribe. I don't think I could do what this scribe is asked to do. ...

Advice Please - EKG Tech/EMR Tech
Jan 13, 2015

For anyone out there working in these fields, I would love a little advice, please.  I am able to take a program in either EKG tech or EMR tech.  I just do not know which to choose!  The programs are through a local college and both prepar for certification exams.  I am interested in both, however, it is a matter of which has the better opportunity to obtain a job.  Thank you. :) ...

Need Tech Help Please
Jan 31, 2013

I signed up for a free college course on Coursera and it says I cannot view the assignment becuase I have Internet explorer 9. It says I need to use Google Chrome or Firefox or Safari. Will this change everything on my computer? I dont like "change" and I am freaked out about putting something on my computer and then not being able to find what I need or whatever. If I put one of these on my computer, can I remove it? Will it change everything drastically? Is there a way around it? I am s ...

Tech Help With Escription
Jan 06, 2010

What are your computer specs? DH brought up a good question tonight. I have recently moved from my old faithful with 80 MB hard drive with 512 memory to 380 GB hard drive with 3 MB memory. i have had nothing but problems with Escription and not making my lines. I can't just use the shortcut keys and I can't use my expander. DH stated maybe I don't have what I need in the computer to make things work correctly (this coming from someone who never touched one in his life!).&nbs ...

Tech Probs
Jan 21, 2010

Anyone having problems in DQscribe?  I get a box that gives me a countdown til reboot time.  Just wonderin.  ...

Tech Support And The MT
May 12, 2010

Ok I have a question for any of you who have been in the field for a while or even new to the field like myself. I have just finished training recently and I have been searching for a job and I was offered a contract postion at a decent little company(*Name withheld) which I am in the process of considering, however I am hearing that this company is thinking of not offering full time tech support and expecting me to install and configure my own software and if I have a problem with my install th ...

Trans Tech Pay
Aug 23, 2010

Does anyone know about what Trans Tech pays per line for second shift very experienced acute care employees?  Really need to know.  Thanks ...

Tech Board Help Please
Jan 31, 2012

Could you some help with Inqscribe problem.  TIA ...

DocShuttle Tech Help
Sep 10, 2012

Hi, I keep getting error message #11004 on DocShuttle Transcriptionist. It was working this morning and now I cannot connect to server. I tried resetting the program and my computer with no help. I'm stupmed. I couldn't find anything on their website and am waiting on tech support to contact me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :) ...

Radiology Tech Job?
Dec 05, 2012

Does anybody know what is involved in becoming a radiology tech? You know, doing mammos, CTs, etc.  I know one needs schooling, but is there a lot of math, geometry, spatial stuff, and things like that?  I am NOT good in those things, so I don't want to invest any time or  money trying to do something that I know I'm not good at. Thanks, just checking into other careers besides this!   ...

Pharmacy Tech?
Jan 17, 2013

Need a job that does not require longterm training/education commitment as I am approaching age 60. I'm finished with MT, after 30+ yrs. Anyone have experience with pharm tech? Thanks, ladies. ...

Tech Support
Jun 27, 2013

Had the occasion to call tech support this a.m.  I found them to be quite helpful and extremely fast in solving my problem.  Great experience.  I was impressed with their manners and speed. ...

Tech People
Oct 11, 2014

Honestly, why is it that tech wants to make an MTs' life miserable. Just got a new thing to fill out and I cannot open it. I have never used Excel if that is what it is. My computer has no program for me to open it. At any rate, I wonder why these people have to make things so hard. This new computer, a Windows 7 (which I had to have to do my work) is so complicated now. You don't get these other programs like you did on the other computers. You have to buy Word, Excel ...

FutureNet Tech
Dec 16, 2014

I was hired by FNT a couple of months ago and have found their editing platform less than ideal as it relates to production.  It's awkward and cumberson, allowing neither keyboard or mouse proficiency; it's a bad combination of both. I'm wondering if anyone out there has worked at FutureNet and found the secret to making money with their no-name platform that's Word based but does not allow auto-correct and has reassigned Word keyboard commands for their own use. Also, ...

Very Interesting.....
Apr 16, 2012

I think it is very interesting how a company will make you jump through hoops to "prove" you are an independent contractor but still want you to use an employee based punch in/out system. You don't get it both ways, if I am an independent contractor, then I don't have to use your employee based punch system, especially when you want to charge for it but to keep track of my own hours is free. ...