A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I want to learn pathology and radiology transcription - azscribe

Posted: Jul 23, 2010

Hi, I been working full time in acute care as an IC now for 7 years and I have been noticing the only jobs for transcriptionists left in hospitals or labs is pathology, sometimes but rarely radiology.  How can I go about learning pathology.  I been in acute care my whole career, it can't be that hard to learn after typing acute care non stop for this long.  Any ideas?

patho and radiology - Viva

[ In Reply To ..]
There might be some pathology tapes or files you could buy somewhere cheap.
I'm still working on specialities in my MT class, and I just finished four pathology tapes in the summer. It's very interesting and not nearly as tedious as radiology.

Have you looked into this - Good Luck

[ In Reply To ..]

Don’t know if you think $99 is worth it, but you can get the SUM Tapes and, I assume since it states the course is “Prior-approved by AHDI for 40 CECs,” you can add that to your resume.  You should be considered ahead of a “newbie” without any type of exposure to Pathology dictation.  Nothing is guaranteed, so you might find out you hate it and decide to stay in Acute Care anyway.  

http://www.hpisum.com/medical-transcription-store/career-development/pathology.aspx 

Hope this helped. 

I want to learn pathology and radiology transcription - azscribe

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, I totally forgot about the SUM tapes! Good idea and $99 is worth it considering I am investing in my career! Thanks!

SUM tapes - working MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I've done acute care and currently do radiology. I always regretted never having learned pathology. The SUM tapes are an excellent suggestion, I may look into that as well.

Similar Messages:

Pathology And Radiology Transcription
May 23, 2011

I have been a radiology transcriptionist for about 12 years. I am presently unemployed. I have seen an ad on one of the job sites for a pathology transcriptionist with 1 year experience. My question is how different/difficult is pathology transcription. Should it be something a radiology transcriptionist can do, given I have 15 years experience but 12 in rad work. Do you think it would be something I could pick up without difficulty? Any information and input would be appreciated. I have been ou ...

How Do I Learn Radiology?
Aug 22, 2010

What's the best way to learn Radiology? I have no experience in this specialty. Should I just wait until I get a new job and am in it for a while, then ask to be trained on a Radiology account? ...

Radiology And Pathology Experience
Jul 27, 2013

How do I get experience in radiology and pathology if all the jobs posted want experience and will not even look at you if you do not have the experience? I have been transcribing for 9 years and would like to get experience doing radiology and pathology. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated! Thank you! ...

Need Opinion. Radiology To Pathology
Dec 31, 2014

I am a certified MT that has done radiology for 19 years, acute care for 3 years.  I am being offered a position in pathology transcription.  I usually never doubt myself and believe in myself that I can do anything; however, looking at sample reports - pathology is a world of difference with much terminology I have never seen... lol...  They are WELL AWARE I have no pathology experience, but want to give me a try.  What are your opinions?  Is pathology repetitive? ...

Radiology Transcriptionist Needing To Learn Acute Care???
Sep 22, 2013

I've been a radiology transcriptionist for over 16 years, but I want to know how I could learn acute care?  There are so many job openings for transcriptionists with acute care experience, but I have only 1-2 months worth.  Are there any places out there that might hire me and help train me in acute care?  Any ideas?  Help! Thank you in advance for your help.  Steph ...

What Is Pathology Transcription?
Dec 21, 2010

Can anyone explain to me what do you type if you are a pathology MT?  I see many jobs asking for radiology or pathology expereince needed.  I understand what RAD is... I do not know what pathology is typing.  Please explain?  Greatly appreciated! ...

Pathology Transcription - Well Do You Like It?
Feb 06, 2012

Just wondering if anyone out there types pathology reports and, if so, how well do you like it?  Considering a position of strictly pathology dictation.  Thanks. ...

Does MM Do Pathology Transcription?
Jul 20, 2013

Thank you! ...

Pathology And Laboratory Transcription
Dec 24, 2010

I just found a local hospital advertising for a path and lab transcription job and am considering applying, but I've never done that type of transcription.  I've done numerous others, radiology, hospital, surgical, clinic, etc., but it has been a few years as lately I have been doing clinic work only.  Is pathology/laboratory transcription difficult?  I realize it's a matter of opinion and just like all other transcription would take time to adjust.  I'm g ...

Does Nuance Do Pathology Transcription?
Jul 20, 2013

Thank you! ...

Pathology Transcription - What Is The Difference?
Apr 10, 2014

Can anybody tell me how different it is typing for a pathology practice versus clinic transcription and hospital transcription? I am considering applying for a pathology transcription position. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance. ...

Pathology Transcription - Dictation To Practice?
Nov 01, 2009

I am testing for a transcription position within a hospital, but I have never done pathology transcription before only sleep medicine & consultations. Does anyone know where I can download sample pathology dictation to practice before I have to test with them on Thursday. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Pathology Transcription - What Skills Are Needed?
Jun 29, 2010

I've been an acute care transcriptionist for 15 years... can anyone tell me if I qualify for Pathology transcription or is this an acquired skill that needs more schooling? Thanks! ...

New Pathology Transcription Job, Info Needed
Jun 28, 2013

I am about to start a new in-house path transcription job for a laboratory. I did transcription for about 6 years up until I quit last spring. My specialties then were ortho and PT, so I have no experience in pathology. The new company is well aware of this and is willing to train and be patient with me learning on the job. Even so, I am so very nervous as I know this is a whole different ballgame with terminology. They do autopsies as well. Are there sites I should read up on or dictionaries th ...

Pathology Transcription - Difference Besides Learning The Format?
Mar 26, 2012

I have 18 years experience in acute care transcription in just about everything except "pathology transcription."  I have done a lot of ops of all kinds, oncology, neurology, cardiology, infectious disease, etc.  Is Pathology transcription that different?  I've done tumor staging, chemo protocols, just about any type of EEG, TEE, cath, radiology, etc.  The reason I'm asking is I saw a job for a "Pathology transcriptionist" and I really believe I'm qualified with my knowledge, ...

Pathology Transcription: Needing Advice On Finding A Job
Jan 27, 2015

Wondering if anyone can offer advice on where PATHOLOGY TRANSCRIPTIONIST jobs can be found - preferably one at home and would really like one that pays by the hour, but would consider one that pays by the line. Thanks for any advice that you might be able to offer. ...

CBS Transcription Pay For Radiology
Sep 17, 2014

Anyone working at CBS know the by report rate at this company for radiology? ...

Radiology Transcription
Jan 28, 2015

Does anyone know of any companies seriously looking for Radiology transcriptionists. I constantly see openings for Acute Care transcriptionists, and try as I might, they want someone with recent experience in Acute Care. Tired of getting doors slammed in my face or no replies. My goodness, I do have extensive medical terminology, what with 25 years of Radiology transcription experience; but obviously this is not enough. ...

Radiology Transcription Future
Sep 22, 2011

There has been an obvious decrease in medical transcriptionist positions being advertised where I live.  However, I tend to see openings for radiology transcriptionists at the local hospitals.  Due to the nature of this work and the quick TAT needed, I wonder if radiology transcriptionists will always be in need or if it too will die off.  ...

X-Press Transcription (radiology)
Apr 06, 2012

Does anyone have any current information on X-Press Transcription?  Pay? (e-mail me if preferred) ...

Radiology Transcription Posting...
Feb 25, 2013

I was wondering how much per report that radiology transcription job posted over on the Job Seeker's Board is going to pay.  Only 40 reports a day, which really aren't many reports.  I hope they are going to have to pay at least $2.50 and up per report.   I am rather leery, as the amount per report wasn't posted and they pay monthly.  :/ ...

Where Are All The Radiology Transcription Jobs?
Aug 26, 2013

It is just me or does it seems as if the transcription third party companies are focused more on acute care transcription than any other specialty. I have been a radiology transcriptionist for over 20 years. The company I worked for decided to eliminate 13 of us F/T transcriptionists since they converted to VR system and they kept a few aboard. Apparently the radiologists are being trained to edit their own reports. That being said, I'm searching high and low for a F/T position for a radiol ...

Lost Job Radiology Transcription
Dec 10, 2013

I read on one of the facebook MT pages (we aren't allowed to talk about specific pages on here) that an MT of 14 years just lost her RAD positon with MModal today.  Hope this does not begin another round of layoffs so close to the holidays.    ...

Radiology Transcription Companies?
Nov 18, 2014

I know it's a dying breed, but are there any GOOD companies out there still hiring for radiology transcriptionists? ...

Radiology Transcription To Voice Recognition
Sep 29, 2010

Has any radiology transcriptionist heard of a group of radiologists from the Chicago group?  I am a hospital radiology transcriptionist and have just started hearing that my hospital is switching to voice recognition on Jan 1st.  We have been given very little info.  I don't even know I will have a job, if they need editors, etc.  Please help.  Give me any info you have on this group or voice recognition for radiology.  If you haven't heard ...

Any Heard Of Radiology Transcription Services LLC Out Of NJ?
Jun 13, 2011

Just trying to feel out some companies...came across this one.  Thanks! ...

Is It Hard To Pick Up Radiology Transcription?
Nov 06, 2012

Is it hard to pick up radiology transcription? I have worked in MT for 30 years and feel I have have a very good grip on medical terminology in every field. Just wondering. Thanks. ...

Radiology Transcription Rate Question
Nov 14, 2012

Hello all.  I am a very experienced acute care MT, 13 yrs in the business, all specialties, ESLs, all work types, etc.  I have been wanting to get out of the MTSOs for quite some time. I was recently offered an in-office job at a radiology center for part front-office work and part radiology transcription.  I was very clear to them that I had no specific training in either, but they actually hired me.  I am tickled pink.  I think my acute care experience helped in terms ...

Need To Learn New Accounts Or Learn DEP
May 26, 2011

Just got an e-mail today that we have to learn new accounts with new account specifics, in addition to working on our present account. They are sending our present account to India, but still keeping some of it. I don't know which would be easier - volunteering for a new account or learning DEP. I was told that if we start to type on DEP, they will have to send us a new computer with new programs, because we can't have Cornerstone and DEP on the same computer (probably).  I did a ...

Has Anyone Ever Taken The Radiology Test For DTS (digital Transcription Services)?
Oct 11, 2010

Has anyone ever taken the radiology test for DTS? Is it hard?   Any info on the company?   TIA ...