A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How Do You Calculate PTO? - Carolyn

Posted: May 22, 2014

I am new to transcription and I qualify for benefits, PTO, holidays, everything. If a payperiod is 11 days, but one day is a holiday, like Monday, and I think I might get incentive pay for reaching a number goal of lines, do they count this period as 10 or 11 days? My incentive range of pay changes depending on 11 or 10 days fomula.

Depends on your company - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
My company pays PTO based on my average LPH. Whatever my LPH calculate as on the pay period I used PTO, that is what I am paid. Example would be if I averaged 150 LPH this PP and used 8 hours of PTO, then I would be paid 150 x 8 = 1200 lines for that day. Since we are not paid hourly, PTO pay is always different.

Ask HR to clarify for you also.

It will vary per company, why not ask them? One I used to - work for calculated it

[ In Reply To ..]
quarterly, to allow for slow/busy times, etc. They divided the year into quarters, took all lines in one quarter and divided it by hours worked, and that was our hourly rate paid for any time off in the following quarter.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Know How To Calculate
Jun 18, 2011

If you are an IC - and get 3.5 cpl for speech - what is left after you pay taxes - per line, like a half a cent profit?   Maybe its just me, but how on earth do you make any money at that point? ...

How To Calculate What You Don't Get Paid For
May 29, 2012

If you want to keep track of the dollar amount you are NOT getting paid, here are some benchmarks - if you think the amount I'm using for 65-VBC line is off, let me know what you think is proper amount. 1. Not paid for visible black characters physically typed in by transcriptionist in headers, footers and pend notes: $0.08 per 65 VBC line. Example: Typing in address/fax/phone in health care provider database: Jane Doe, MD 1313 Mockingbird Lane Fresno, CA 54003 545-778-4321 ...

HOW TO CALCULATE PRODUCTION
Feb 10, 2015

Will someone be kind enough to instruct me as to how MM calculates production for the week?  TIA. ...

Do They Calculate Your LPH Before Dividing Your Speech Or No? Sm
Dec 04, 2014

Just wondering- Do they take your lines and half the speech lines and THEN divide that by your hours and get your LPH OR do they take your total speech and typed lines first and get your LPH , then divide the speech lines in half? That makes a difference. Does anyone know????? I still cannot see a huge impact. I have calculated 2 past weeks of pay using the new way and also an older scorecard. One was the same, one was 10$ less for that week and one was about 15$ more for the week. BUT I also a ...

How Do You Calculate How Many Lines You Type Per Hour?
Sep 19, 2010

I have heard that some companies expect you to type a minimum of 150 lines/hr.  How do you calculate how many lines you type per hour? ...

How Do I Calculate Line Counts In MS Word?
Jan 05, 2011

I am an experienced transcriptionist but new to working at home.  How do I calculate line counts in MS Word?  Is it the total characters divided by 65? ...

What Are Different Ways To Calculate For Faxing Reports?
Oct 12, 2011

My employer has agreed to pay to have me fax reports to several different facilities.  I have to print out every report I fax (if someone knows a different way, I'm listening)...  so, we're talking time, paper, toner, wear and tear on equipment.....   How are people out there calculating to do that?  My employer hasn't a clue and I'm treading unfamiliar waters?  Any help?? ...

How To Calculate Time Worked In TeamWork
Jul 05, 2014

Have recently switched to full time, so need to understand how to calculate my hours so I don't go over 40 each week.  So far, it is clear as mud to me.  For example, I worked 3 hours and 6 minutes and the clock showed 3:10 hours.  Another time I worked 3 hours and 13 minutes, and the clock showed 3:22 hours.   Makes no sense to me.     If someone can help me understand this, I would be very appreciative.  TIA     ...

Clear Choice Transcription - New Way To Calculate Our Lines And The Incentive Is Gone
Feb 19, 2014

When I started, pay was great.  There were incentives.  But now, there is a new way to calculate our lines and the incentive is gone. Who knows more about this company?  Did this happen to you? ...

On Simulatoin For TBI, S/l Calculate The "equivalent Spared"
Aug 28, 2012

For simulatoin for total body irradiation for bone marrow transplant.  His length was measured at 42, and width was measured at 34 to calculate the "equivalent spared", which was 37. ...