A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Happy New Year - you've been laid off - Rita

Posted: Jan 04, 2012

What's an IC to do?  As much as the company bragged about being in the local paper a month ago, they claim to have lost a huge account and have to let go all those working on it.  Not eligible for unemployment, 4 kids at home from 5 to 20, a mortgage . . . thank goodness I'm on Cymbalta!  I need to find another job - ASAP.  Can anyone out there recommend a company that offers employee status, where I won't have to work 1 weekend day????  My resume is pretty extensive and I have an ear for ESL dictators . . . HELP!!!

medquist will hire you...they sure didn't want me! - dood30

[ In Reply To ..]

been there - done that from 2002-2003 : / - Rita

[ In Reply To ..]
but I suppose if I get desperate

why cant your work a weekend day - they all want that now

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you want to eat or complain?
the OP is just asking... - other poster
[ In Reply To ..]
You know, everybody has a right to try to find what they are looking for. It doesn't mean she will sit there and starve instead of working on the weekend. I am so tired of hearing this kind of judgmental, resentful nonsense from MTs.

Honestly. For all you know, this poster has a loved one she cares for on the weekends. Perhaps she teaches a class, or wants to be with her family on the weekends. She has a right to try to look for that.

There ARE jobs out there that do not require weekends, and I am among those trying to find one.
Like! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xoxo
She can't work a weekend day b/c of nunya ... - Hates Haters
[ In Reply To ..]
Nunya damn business!

They didn't want me either. I keep being told that is a - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
good thing, but I still need a job!

I do work for MQ (not by choice) and still need a job! I haven't had consistent - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
work since being bought by them!!
MQ - Blondie #2
[ In Reply To ..]
Shortcake, are you the same shortcake from CS days? I am working for the Q also. I started last month and work is really slow. Email me if you get a minute. I was Marschelle on the CS forum.

You still need a job, BUT - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
you don't need MedQuist. Trust me on this.

I don't feel so bad now. I had applied with them - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
several times and each time was told I was ineligible to continue in the hiring process. Of course I asked why and of course I got no answer. I would not work for them if they were the last place on earth and the way things are going they may well be soon!

Try Transolutions/Accentus - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They are currently looking for a new recruiter, so it may take a bit longer to get responses, but their compensation/insurance is very fair. So so sorry this happened to you, best wishes!

transolutions... Addendum - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry I missed that you could not work weekends at all. They do have a requirement for a certain % of your hours to be worked on the weekend, but they did have some work available that was clinic work and I believe that those people could work M-Fri. It is worth asking anyway!

Hey - me too! - sbmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Fortunately, I chose to be an employee when I started working there (even though I made 1 cent less per line). At least maybe I will get unemployment benefits for a while. I hope you find something soon. Good luck to you.

Happy New Year - you've been laid off - MT47

[ In Reply To ..]
We must work for the same company. They had an article in their local paper. Was hired with the understanding of a minimum of 800-1000 lines was required daily unless you wanted prn status. I never was able to get 800 lines a day the whole 3 months I worked for them. They started you at a low cpl and bumped you up to 1 cpl after off of QA. That I was able to accomplish. It was a huge oncology account that I was hired for and let go because of them losing the account. They seemed, or so they said, they were totally oblivious to the fact that the account decided to go with someone else.

MT47 - yep, that's the one - Rita

[ In Reply To ..]
It was only a so-so company to work for but I had the flexibility in my schedule that kept me there. It seems everyone wants 8 hours and/or weekends. I have a weekend job outside the home (yes, I work 7 days a week) and need the flexibility during the week because I have 3 kids in 3 different schools (for those of you who were wondering). Even experience doesn't seem to matter anymore - very sad :(

I would start looking out of the MT field - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm afraid that this is just going to keep happening company after company after company. I'm looking for an employee job that is NOT as an MT.

Similar Messages:

I Just Got Laid Off For The Third Time This Year
Dec 16, 2013

I was laid off from my in-house MT job earlier this year due to the hospital outsourcing, went to work at a MTSO and was laid off 3 months later due to them being bought out by a bigger company, then went to work as an IC for a smaller company only to be laid off today due to them losing their largest account.  I am not going to let this defeat me, but I'm starting to feel like something is wrong with me as an MT!  Well, maybe this is a blessing in disguise.  Maybe now I shou ...

Happy New Year To Everyone! Nm
Dec 31, 2009

x ...

Happy New Year?
Dec 31, 2009

Just now got notification (New Years Eve) that there will be a new service area South right after the first of the year (figures, right?)  I know this happened to the North region about a month ago.  We will have a new DQS log-in and have to move our expansions over.  Can anyone from the North let me know what this means?  Will we still be doing our regular book of business?  Is it time to look for another job?  ...

Happy New Year Everyone!!!
Dec 31, 2010

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Hopefully 2011 will be better to me than 2010 was. I got laid off from WMX in 2010. :(  Still looking for QA work and it's tough with two little girls but I'm getting by with unemployment and child support. I hope everyone has a GREAT New Year!!!!!!!!!!! :))) ...

Is There ANYONE Happy With SS That Has Been There A Year Or More?
Oct 25, 2012

There is so much negative about this company, but I know there is no such thing as a perfect company for anyone and there are the "honeymoon" periods of newbies to a company, so wondered if anyone has been there a year or more and stayed and still likes it. ...

HAPPY NEW YEAR FELLOW TRANSCRIPTIONISTS!
Dec 31, 2012

I just wanted to wish all of us good health, and a happy and prosporus New Year in 2013! I think we all could use a break from worrying, working too much or too little and see a future in medical transcription without our jobs being ripped out from under us through outsourcing or smaller pay. I know it's wishful thinking, but Happy New Year to all of you. MT2 ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS And HAPPY NEW YEAR To All !!!! And To Those Who Do Not Celebrate Christmas
Dec 23, 2014

BEST WISHES for the holidays ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

Happy Transcriptions Is Still Happy
Aug 19, 2013

Who in their right mind names a company "Happy Transcriptions?" In this day and age, all I see is "sad" MTs and, in my opinion, if "Happy Transcriptions" is still happy, they can only be messing even more with us poor "sad" MTs. All I can say is I am so "happy" I am so close to being on my way out of MT! ...

HAPPY TRANSCRIPTIONS - Not Happy
Nov 10, 2013

Am I the only one who feels that life is not happy at Happy Transcription?  I love the work, but the owner is totally unprofessional and needs to revamp the organization. ...

Anybody Been Laid Off By MQ?
Feb 18, 2010

I hear MQ employees are eligible under the TAA to get re-training paid for in another field, but how do you get "laid off"???  ...

Laid-off
Jun 23, 2010

Recently laid-off and I am looking for a job. I was just wondering, being an IC medical transcriptionist has anyone ever qualified for unemployment?? I know this is considered self-employed and most states will not give you benefits, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten benefits being an IC.   Thank you for your time. ...

Getting Laid Off
Mar 01, 2011

4th time in 4 years. Sick of this!!! Will be finding something new to do. ...

Laid Off
Apr 04, 2013

I was laid off today too.  I have been with the company for 8 years.  I consistently make my quota by a long shot, at over 375 lph.  I had my audit a month ago at 99.3%.  I am a single mom trying to support my family, and no, there was no warning, no severance, no nothing.  My supervisor said it is across the board, and she did not have an answer for me as to why me.  I spent the day working on my resume and job hunting and came here to see if anyone had any answers.  To those of you in t ...

If You Are Laid Off, PLEASE TELL US
Jul 24, 2013

TIER REGION PART TIME OR FULL TIME so that maybe we can find a pattern for this. We're sorry for you all but know you will be going to a better place. ...

If You Were Laid Off
Jul 24, 2013

It seems like a lot of the folks who were let go had been with MM a long time. Just curious if there is a trend here, do you mind letting us know what your e/t cpl rate was? Did they just let go of those who were making a decent wage?  ...

How Many Laid Off?
Jul 24, 2013

Does anyone have any idea how many were let go today?  It doesn't seem like many, but of course only a fraction of MModal MTs actually come to this board. ...

Laid Off.....
Jan 12, 2015

Well, it's official.  I just got the call that I am officially laid off!  I am glad that what I knew was inevitable has finally happened so I can move forward, but at the same time can't help grieving over the loss of what once was a career that I loved and was good at.  It's not just the company I worked for; it's the whole medical transcription industry, so as of right now I am totally THROUGH with medical transcription! ...

Laid Off, No Notice
Nov 19, 2009

I just got laid off from Proscript in an email, I think this was very cold, no warning, no 2 weeks notice, nothing......I have worked for them since 2005, this is just wrong..... ...

Those Laid Off From Webmx
Sep 26, 2010

Did you get a severence or any sort of financial support?  ...

Laid Or Lain? Help
Jul 15, 2011

I have this hint that normally helps me:  “lie, lay, lain” (to recline); “lay, laid, laid” (to place or put down). The sentence is:  "The patient was brought into the endoscopy suite and 'laid' in the left decubitus position."  I was thinking it should be lain, but the patient was technically "put" in that position, so it should be laid.  Correct?  I've gone and confused myself. ...

I Wasn't Laid Off
Apr 06, 2013

I was straight-up fired.  I own it, as well as my part in it (production).  I feel for anybody else in my boat.  My husband, thankfully, has a good job so I can take a minute to breathe before plunging back underwater.   I love being an MT; too bad it's an unrequited love.  :/   I was straight-up fired (last week).  I own it, as well as my part in it (production).  I feel for anybody else in my boat.  My husband, thankfully, has a good ...

If You Are Fired/laid Off, Do You
Apr 06, 2013

or at the end of the month. I am making appts like crazy, just in case... ...

Laid Off From M-Modal
Aug 22, 2013

It was never my choice to work for Mmodal anyway, I was an acquisition.  But as I was perusing the help wanted lists, the horrible thought occured to me,  what if I got bought by Mmodal again? I think I am going to get out of this racket entirely, retire my foot pedal, hang up my earphones for good!  (And it has to be for good, it can't really get that much worse, can it?) ...

FOR ALL LAID OFF EMPLOYEES TTA (?)
Nov 08, 2013

First let me tell you I was laid off after 9 years last August.  I was told many lies like all part-time employees are being laid off, you won't be able to get unemployment, don't feel bad you didn't do anything wrong.  I applied for unemployment and have been getting unemployment ever since.  I got selected (yeah me) for a special project going on with the UE commision and the lady who I report to is wonderful.  She believes M@Modal made a plethora of errors a ...

Laid Off Question
Feb 12, 2014

Hi, I was laid off from MModal and I understand there is a federal program or a company that helps people possibly with going back to school and stuff and MModal already has an open case number. My computer crashed that had this information on it and if anyone can help it would be greatly apprecaited.  Thanks in advance. ...

Any Other ICs Get Laid Off From Medscribe In Florida?
Feb 20, 2010

Any other ICs get laid off from Medscribe in Florida? ...

You Are Not On The List Of Laid Off Employees
Mar 18, 2010

That is what I was told.  You are not on the list of Laid off Employees.  There is a list?  Medquist actually laid off people?  Yes.  There is a list.  Medquist sent it to us.  Really?  How many people did they lay off when CBay got 80% of the work? Drum roll please....................... 6 6? Yes, 6. You mean they got taken over by a company in India with 6,000 employees and they only had to lay of 6 USA transcriptionists? The point of the post..... ...