A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone else doing the Smartype 30-day trial? - Jillpill

Posted: Jan 25, 2012

It does not look like my original Smartype.  There is only a suggestion box and no Smartline like I am used to, but I have adjusted the suggestion box and it's better.  I am getting used to it.  I like how fast it is. The vocabulary seems bigger, especially the phrases. 
I'm going to spend some time importing my old ST entries this afternoon. 
Overall I really like it and will likely purchase it with the current special. At least I can stop worrying about what I am going to do when I'm ready to upgrade from Word 2003 and Windows XP

It does not look like my original Smartype.  There is only a suggestion box and no Smartline like I am used to, but I have adjusted the suggestion box and it's better.  I am getting used to it.  I like how fast and simple it is. The vocabulary seems bigger, especially the phrases. 

I'm going to spend some time importing my old ST entries this afternoon. 
Overall I really like it and will likely buy it with the current special. At least I can stop worrying about what I am going to do when I'm ready to upgrade from Word 2003 and Windows XP.

Jill Smile

Does it import your old entries automatically? - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, was worried about what I was going to do when my XP machine finally gave up the ghost. I had all sorts of scenarios running through my mind.

I know the developer said that it wasn't going to look the same. Did you find it hard to get used to the new look?

I need to upgrade as well, but that's not in the budget right now.

Not automatically but it was easy.... - Jillpill

[ In Reply To ..]
She walked me through it in a few steps. There was some simple tweaking of my ST log file, and it was ready to import. The new ST had so many abbreviations already, I mainly just added the custom ones for my dictators.

It did take a couple of days to get used to it, not gonna lie!

Similar Messages:

Trial For RSD
Dec 02, 2010

.... she move forward with any type of ketamine protocol or s/l table trial for RSD .....   Thank you ...

Clinical Trial ARM (or Should It Be Arm Or Arm)? Not Sure
Nov 13, 2009

NM ...

S/l Trial Of Wine
Nov 21, 2009

this is re: a tremor, action, essential   the doc clearly says wine..   A trial of wine has been somewhat, but incompletely, helpful.  ...

Clinical Trial: S/l TAC And I60 Or Taconide 60.
Aug 02, 2011

Pt with metastatic nonseminomatous germ cell tumor of the testicle.  Undergoing clinical trial with s/l TAC and I60 or taconide 60.  ...

Anaplastic Astrocyoma Trial S/l Cat A Non.
Apr 24, 2012

Pt with WHO grade III anaplastic astrocytoma.  Current protocols, which are not open here but are going on nationwide, include CODEL and s/l "cat a non" trials testing adjuvant and concurrent chemotherapy in the form of temozolomide as a primary research question. ...

Patient With Urinary Incontinence. Will Trial S/l Doc-za-sa-sin.
Nov 06, 2009

TIA. ...

Where Can I Download A Free Trial Of A Wav Player?
Jul 20, 2010

Where can I download a free trial of a wav player?  Thanks! ...

Chemo/clinical Trial Drug
Jun 20, 2011

Help!  The doctor is saying... a clinical trial of possibly Vidaza plus "verunastat" - I cannot seem to find anything for the second drug anywhere.  This is for AML.  Anyone come across that before? Any input is helpful!  Thanks. ...

Free Trial For Medical Spellchecker?
Apr 30, 2013

Does anyone know of a free online trial medical spellchecker I can try? What is the best medical spellchecker (without breaking bank)? I need one for work but have no idea what one to go with.  Input appreciated. ...

Downloading The Free 30-day Trial Of Instant Text
Jan 09, 2012

I am downloading the free 30-day trial of Instant Text.  I thought that you could pay so much per year to use Instant Text, but the only thing I see for paying said $189 to buy it.  Maybe I am mistaken, and it was another expander I'm thinking of.  Anybody know?  TIA :) ...

Smartype - What To Use Instead?
Mar 02, 2011

I know this is probably reallyyy old, but I have been using Smartype for the past 10 years.  I now have a new job and they are loading Microsoft 2007 onto my computer and I cannot transfer Smartype into it as I guess this is a dinasour.  Can anyone please tell me what you are using insteady of Smartype?  Thanks so much! ...

Need 64 Bit Smartype
Jan 17, 2012

I need 64 bit smartype program, I have the 32 bit program but will not work with windows 7, not so happy about that, does any one have one or know how to get a copy?   ...

Smartype?
Nov 30, 2012

Is anyone using Smartype?  I used it back in the days of WP5.1.  Most of the windows expanders I've used have "stuttered."  Wondered if this one does, too. Tried several that where o=and f=for if I type "of" I get andfor Looking for something that works.  ...

SmarType Help, Please
Mar 08, 2013

I am just staring with SmarType and am having an issue whenever I use the word "he."  SmarType kept replacing "he" with "her," so I deleted "her" from the auto-option.  I thought that would fix the issue, but now it's replacing "he" with "heart," which is now the first auto-option word beginning with "h-e."   It's getting monotonous and time-consuming having to go back and correct this, as you can imagine. Has anyone else encountered this with SmarType and how did you ...

Smartype Editscript
Jul 27, 2010

I have read to many articles on MT stars to get my smartype to work with Editscript.  Last night it worked briefly but I would have the hit the spacebar and the type the first letter and then choose the expansion.  Then it did not work again.  There has to be a way for smartype to work with Editscript.  There is enought computer "wizards" that this probably could be resolved.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I would hate to give up on this program number 1 i ...

Smartype And Inscribe
Mar 18, 2011

I have just accepted a position that uses Inscribe.  I have been using Smartype for 4 years on the account I work on in MS Word.  I've been searching for 2 days trying to find out if Smartype will work in Inscribe and have found next to nothing on the 2 programs together (lots of info for Inscribe alone and little on Smartype alone).  The company said they do not know if Smartype will work with Inscribe.  Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks in advance for any ...

In The New Version Of Smartype...
Jan 19, 2012

I downloaded the new version of Smartype, and I need to figure out how you get something not to expand like say if you type pm and it expands it but you don't want it to.  The older version you could type the word and press the shift key while pressing the spacebar and it would not expand, but it does not work that way on this version.  I have no idea how to change the hotkey from the spacebar either.  I have looked through the help pages and can't find it.  ...

Smartype - Reviews On It ?
Jan 01, 2013

Considering buying Smartype. Looking for reviews on it. Thanks! ...

Stedman's Smartype
Apr 19, 2013

Hello.  I'm a Stedman's Smartype user (Version 5.1.2600.5512) on a Windows XP with Word 2002.  Wanting to get a new computer.  Will my version of Smartype (Copyright 2004) work with Windows 8/Office 365?  Thanks! ...

Speedtype Vs Smartype
Oct 16, 2013

Since the old Smartype does not support Windows 7 or 8, only XP, I bought the new (not Stedman's anymore) Smartype.  It is not very good at all.  I contacted Speedtype, which looked really great, similiar to the old Smartype (I can macro large blocks of text for OP reports) and spoke with the CEO!!! REALLY?? She was fabulous and told me there was a shortcut to get your old blocks of text into Speedtype without cutting and pasting.  I have not tried the 15 day trial period yet ...

Word 2003/Smartype
Jan 04, 2010

Does anyone know if there is a fix for Word 2003 to correct the compatibility issue with Smartype?  If I highlight a word and then type without deleting the text, Word will lock up.  Sometimes if I type over highlighted text without pressing delete,  I get three duplicate letters in a row, and then the cursor scrolls to the bottom of the screen and Word crashes.  It is a real pain to have to hit delete all the time, and if anyone knows of a way to fix this, I'd appr ...

Trying SmarType For The 1st Time Today
Mar 07, 2013

My first adventure with a word expander (besides auto correct/auto expand) so I can't figure out if I'm more apprehensive or more excited...Crossing my fingers as I start my shift that SmarType is as great as I've heard it is and really a valuable tool! ...

Smartype Vocabulary List
Dec 16, 2014

Does anyone know how to print a vocabulary list in Smartype?? ...

Smartype Smart Blocks & EXText
Jan 04, 2010

I work in Dictaphone /EXText.   I am dependent on my Stedman's Smartype for 100s of 1000s of terms with which I am not familiar, and to which I have total access while in EXText.  However, I am not able to pull Smartype Smart Blocks (which I have created while in Word but not in EXText) into a current document.  In the past, I got around this problem at work by creating "instant macros," going into ctrl-s, cutting, pasting into current document and using as a g ...

Text Expander Smartype Compatibility
Jan 09, 2011

I love Smartype, but a real fear is that at some point I will have to upgrade from XP--and Smartype is not compatible with the new versions of Windows. Does anyone know if there's any way to accommodate the Smartype shortcuts with a new platform/expander? ...

Importing Smartype To Instant Text
Jun 06, 2011

I have had the Smartype word expander for many years. It no longer is being made. I had to buy Instant text. Instant text says I can import the Smartype entries into it. I cannot understand how to do that with their instructions. I need a 1.2.3. type instruction. Their explanation is general and vague assuming that I am a computer whiz, which I am not. Can anyone help me? I have a new job and I need to work with Word Perfect. I don't even know if Instant Text is compatible with WP. Do ...

Stedman Smartype Import To Bayscribe??
Aug 03, 2011

Hello, just started a job with Bayscribe. I was told Stedmans Smartype will work with this platform but I am having trouble understanding how to go about it. Can anyone help me out?Thanks! ...

Good News! Smartype Is Back!
Feb 18, 2012

I'm so happy there is a new version of Smartype that has been released. It now works with newer versions of Word, i.e. Word 2007 and 2010 and works with other software including Outlook. It's even better than the original. I was using the old version of Smartype even though it had glitches when working with Word 2003. You can try it before you buy it, a definite plus. I highly recommend downloading this software. To me, it is a must for the medical transcriptionist to boost productivit ...

Company Uses Smartype And Wants To Start Me At 0.05/line
Oct 28, 2012

I am looking for extra cash but am I signing my soul over for this much or is smartype really that productive????? ...

Stedman's Smartype Expansion Software ?
Feb 07, 2013

I am trying a 30 day free version of Smartype.  I used Stedman's in the past and loved it and now they have a new version of it.  Does anyone use this?  I am trying to get it to work but every time I enter a space to autocomplete a word, it enters a space wherever I press the space bar, even mid-word.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...