A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Yikes. eWord claims their prices are equal to ILP. - did not bother

Posted: Mar 31, 2014

I did not bother testing as the stated compensation was $0.005 per word. This is the equivalent of about $0.05 per line and a little over $1 per page (single spaced).

And they think we are stupid enough to fall for that (nm) - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Just Checking Prices
Aug 10, 2010

I just wanted to compare prices with other MTs that are using similar services.... My FTP site - $25 monthly  (up to 5 users) Digital Dictation System - I pay $0.17 per minute for telephone dictation and $0.10 per minute for imported dictation (from hand-held recorders). The recorders are $299 each (Olympus 2400) with a $150 one-time set-up fee.  I am interested in cutting costs if any other MT has a less expensive system they could refer me to.   Thanks!     ...

Where Do We See The Prices Of The Different Insurance
Nov 17, 2012

plans?  When I log in, it just allows me to choose yes or no & who to include but doesn't show any prices. ...

EWord Solutions
Apr 02, 2014

Last week I replied to the job posting by eWord Solutions and took the test.  I have not heard anything from them yet.  I was wondering if anyone else responded to the ad and took the test and whether or not you have heard anything.  Thanks.  Georgia. ...

EWord Pay Rate Is < 6 Cpl By My Calculations :( Nm
May 09, 2013

x ...

Yikes!
Apr 23, 2012

Ok, so I've been spoiled. I was one of the few MQ employees that was only recently transferred to voice wreck from a transcription only account. After 2 weeks of MINIMAL training, I was thrown to the wolves practically without any assistance to master "the beast".  After these 2 weeks of training, I'm BARELY producing 1200 lines per day...and realize I need to be producing 2400 a day to achieve a lower limit of the salary I WAS achieving. Yes, I've been spoiled. My question i ...

YIKES! NJA
May 07, 2014

Have not had this for qiute some time.  Hope it starts to trickle in soon.  Hate using PTO for NJA. ...

Webmedx Claims To Be Mostly VR?
Apr 06, 2010

My hospital employs Wmx for overflow work.  Their contact person claims we are their only account not using voice recognition, and that almost 70% of the VR reports are good to go without editing.  I find this hard to believe, as so many doctors are resistant to VR because it doesn't work well.  I also find their 70% claim questionable as we've had VR for Radiology for 5 years and approximately TWO percent of reports do not need editing and it has been a big waste o ...

Yikes, Sure Took Them Long Enough.....sm
May 04, 2011

I had taken Medgarde's test back in January of this year. Got an email TODAY with a questionnaire, which was the next step in the hiring process.  I DO have a job, out of the home but hey, weekends would be doable. Certainly couldn't hurt ...

Insurance Claims Transcription
Apr 12, 2015

What is the current per-character rate for insurance claims transcription? ...

Transcribing Disability Claims Reports
Mar 22, 2010

Just a new graduate question.  What is the difference in pay rate when transcribing medical claims assessment reports for the doctors.  Apparently it is alittle more because the Dr. charges the insurance companies @$200-$400 per report.  I am helping a local physician with some of his  "overflow", but want fair pay.  What does everyone think about $20/hour or $1/dictated minute or a flat rate per report.  Help!   ...

YIKES...bilateral Mammary Hypertomy?
Nov 09, 2010

Please help, bilateral mammary hypertomy?  Anyone hear of that? ...

Yikes, April 2014 And Windows XP
Dec 06, 2013

Who besides me has an Mmodal (and personal) XP system.  Apparently Microsoft will no longer be supporting this after April 2014.  What will we be doing for security? ...

Proof Of Work For Small Claims Court?
Apr 08, 2010

So hoping it doesn't come to this, but I'm thinking I may need to take someone to small claims court.  Would my invoices work? Logs? Or do I need the actual reports and if so how does HIPAA play into that? Any advice? many thanks busybee ...

No Cogwheeling.  S/l Dich And The Reflectants Are Equal
Aug 24, 2010

I need help with this phrase if anyone out there can please help.  Here it is:  No cogwheeling.  s/l dich and the reflectants are equal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.     ...

Article - Doctor Claims Poor EMR Training Cost Him His Job
Oct 27, 2011

Ha! This thing looks like as I predicted....a disaster waiting to happen.   http://www.fierceemr.com/story/fired-doctor-my-ehr-training-was-poor/2011-10-27?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=internal ...

AHIMA Or Andrews? Arent These Two Schools Both EQUAL?
May 16, 2010

I would think the AHIMA would be a great place to take the medical coding classes.  They are the ones giving the certification examination and certification. I dont hear many people enrolled in AHIMA Cluster Program for Medical Coding. I wonder why? seems so many people go off this board and then follow along. ...

Grip Strength Is Equal To The S/l Mean Norminant Values
Apr 20, 2012

I have never heard this. ...

Reliance Standard Short- And/or Long-term Disability Claims.
Jan 02, 2013

Has anyone had the misfortune to file a disability claim through your employer with this company?  On 11/19/12 HR at my employer sent them my paperwork and said it would take 7 days for a decision.  No decision yet and HR has not followed up, so I'm hung out to dry.  I have had to call Reliance constantly wanting to know what's going on and it's one excuse after another, making them and my employer look totally incompetent.  If you're paying for short- or ...

Physical Exam: DTRs Equal 2+ 4 Upper And Lower Extremities.
Jun 20, 2010

Unsure how to correctly type the 2+ 4.  Does she mean 2+/4??  Thanks for helping. ...

Dictated: Visual Fields Equal Examiners On Confrontation Exam.
Feb 27, 2011

Visual fields equal examiners on confrontation exam. It seems like I'm missing something...even if it's just punctuation.  Just doesn't make sense to me :/  ...

What Does 1200 Lines Per 8 Hour Shift Equal In Words Per Minute?
Jan 03, 2012

What does 1200 lines per 8 hour shift equal to in words per minute? ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Rectal Exam "pulls Or Pools" Are Equal, No Nodules, Not Boggy.
May 07, 2010

TIA ...