A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend's BeyondText platform - what is it like?

Posted: Nov 20, 2009

Are there any Transcend MTs who can tell me what their BeyondText platform is like?  Is it productive?  User friendly?  Easy or hard to make your line counts?

Also, from what I've read their platform seems to be a mix of typing and ASR.  Is it mostly all one or the other, or is it a mix of the two?

I'm thinking of applying, but kind of want to know what I'd be getting into first.

Can't tell you about the platform yet... - CrankyOldBroadOnTheBeach

[ In Reply To ..]
... because my primary account hasn't yet been switched over.

I have not heard anyone who is currently working on it complaining about it, though. I am told that a lot of the people who have complained about it worked on it quite some time ago, and that it has been upgraded and improved since then, such that people who have left and come back have commented on how much better the platform has gotten.

Right now I am working a straight-typing account. I have also been told that if/when my primary account goes to ASR, if after giving it a good trial I find that it isn't working out well for me, they will do everything they can to switch me back over to a straight-typing account.

According to Transcend's website, you can't even test without 5 years of recent acute care experience. I got around this requirement because I came in through the back door, so to speak, via a merger. I was hired last year by a company that was willing to up-train me into acute care (and they did), and now Transcend has me anyway, which I find rather ironic.

Thank you and I'm hoping... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
that there might be some other Transcend MTs here that might reply, because I really don't want to go into this blind.

No matter how good of an MT you are, the platform itself can either make or break you, so that's why I'm hoping to get some kind of feedback on what their BeyondText platform is like, especially from an MT who actually works or has recently worked on it.

I know that BeyondText is a propietary program and I know that it's probably been going through upgrades and tweaks over the years. But all I found in the archives seemed to be older information, so I wasn't sure exactly how relevant that information would be.

Beyondtxt - metoo

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a word-based program. It is workable, has some glitches. Hard to make line counts, but many do it by working extra. Mixture of VR and typing. Depends on your team lead I think. Hope this helps.

Me personally, I cannot make a living on BeyondTXT. - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
I read where other people in the past did not find it to be a money maker either and left after trying it, but I was hopeful since Transcend was boasting about it. When my account went to BeyondTXT I found out what the others on the archives here were talking about. Even with the upgrades VR types what it wants on the accounts I do and the program is just slow and cumbersome. Maybe it does better on accounts I do not work on, don't know. I am curious why they seem to be always hiring for the BeyondTXT accounts though.

They don't think about the end user. Just the new toy - mte

[ In Reply To ..]
My local hospital went with escription before even knowing if it would work for them. Turns out they were sold a bill of goods, the MTs are unhappy and being threatened because they can't go as fast as escription said they could so now they are having their pay docked if they can't do the required number of minutes per shift. Very bad decision.

BeyondText - very, very tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't like it, can't make counts. Would rather do straight typing, it is faster. You would not believe all the things there are to fix, many times not even close and these are on excellent dictators. You see all the VR funnies? Well they are not very funny when you are constantly having to fix them.

Exactly! - Worn out from MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It is very hard to make counts with BeyondText, especially when you have to go back and correct everything. Also, you are required to make a certain amount of money to keep your full-time status. So essentially, those who earn a higher CPL have to work less. Doesn't make sense to me. So I quit. :)

Same here - Tired as well

[ In Reply To ..]
Worst platform I have ever worked on - in about the same class as Meditech. Can't make lines, cumbersome, etc. Transcend seems to be denial about the ineptitude of this platform, though they seem fairly intelligent otherwise. Time to bite the bullet Transcend. Get a different platform!!

Platform - pugmum

[ In Reply To ..]
I am on a 95% VR account and don't find the platform particularly slow or keeping me from making line counts. I am new at VR so I find myself slow. Compared to others I have worked on, though, it doesn't rate below. I like how the ADT information is entered. What I really like about it is how once you are in a report, there is a lot of information, company and account specific, easily accessible so you do not have to go out of their system. It is very self-contained, so to speak. Sending a report to QA is straight forward yet you have different options of how to describe various problems and difficulties. There are just a lot of neat items in BeyondTXT that, when I think about it, I haven't had before, and I have worked for 2 other large companies. None of it required extensive training because once you get in there, it is straight forward and interesting how much information you are able to access.

Sounds Like Management - Tired as well

[ In Reply To ..]
You're the first person I've ever heard say they like the platform. Are you sure you're not management? Yes, there is lots of information in BeyondText - TOO MUCH information, TOO many screens to jump and fill in information, TOO many account specifics to wade through, and these screens are slow to pop up. This is not interesting, it is cumbersome and keeps you from doing what you get paid to do - transcribe. And even when you get to that, the VR is so inaccurate that it is slower than straight typing. I'm not sure what you consider making lines, but if you can type 250-300 lines per hour, this platform will hardly let you go that fast - with VR. EditScript is much, much simpler with better recognition, but still, VR needs to be 90% accurate in order to justify the pay cuts, and it just is not. Are you sure you're not management?
Platform - pugmum
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I am management...of my pugs! LOL No, I am not in management at Transcend. I haven't worked on Editscript (sp?), maybe all the platforms I have experienced are not as fast as what you have. That could be. I rarely have to put any more ADT information other than study date, co-signer, carbon copies, and as far as account specifics, I have had far more than what I currently have.

I have areas of frustration, also, but why spend the energy complaining. I was really freaked out 2 years ago when we moved into the country and I found out I could only access the internet through satellite. Everyone had me convinced it was awful, slow, always losing connection, etc. Just like everyone had me convinced that editing would be terrible. Well, satellite internet turned out just fine for me, not perfect by any means, but hey what is. I have the option to go work in town. Editing is working just fine, also, and I also have the option to go in town and work.

I'm powerless over changing it so I'm not going to fret about it.

Similar Messages:

Transcend - BeyondText Platform - What Text Expander Do You Recommend?
Aug 17, 2011

x ...

Which Is A Better Platform BeyondText Of BayScribe?
Oct 23, 2010

Thank you for any information!! ...

Transcend BeyondText Editing
Apr 19, 2011

Is it true that the average is $12.00 editing?  4 cents a line and company average is 311 lines an hour!  ...

Transcend Beyondtext Upgrade In The Fall?
Jun 20, 2011

Anyone know what the upgrades might be? Is it an M-Modal upgrade or changes to be made to BeyondText platform?  ...

Transcend, New Encore Platform ?
Jul 26, 2011

Anyone from Transcend working on this yet and willing to give info on whether it makes demographics, etc. any easier?  Find it rather time consuming the way it is and was hoping there is a something good coming at the end of the rainbow. Hate that blue I and binocular crap. Luv everything else about company though. ...

Transcend Beyond TXT QA-DINOSAUR Platform-RUN!
Mar 23, 2012

nm ...

Transcend Platform Line Counts
Sep 07, 2012

notice that their line counts/number of reports seems to have decreased recently? I  noticed a significant decrease yesterday.  In displaying my reports I had only 10 for the day, whereas I normally have many, many more. TIA. ...

Nuance Advertising Now Includes Transcend Platform And Work Etc.
May 20, 2012

actually totally mingled together and Nuance employees will have other options as far as work available from Transcend accounts?  Does anyone know or have they asked?  I haven't gotten an exact definite answer from inquiries.  ...

Is This Normal? I Work For Transcend And On A New Platform For Me. I Asked A Team Lead
Feb 02, 2010

for some help yesterday and got nothing but garbled answers.  I asked how to do something and got part of an answer but then told she did not remember how to do the rest of the steps.   I can understand not knowing how to do something, but at least refer me to someone who does know how.  This person was definitely not nice and thought it was very funny that I was having so much trouble with the system.   The attitude was the worst I have ever encountered.  Thes ...

BeyondText
Sep 21, 2011

For MTs who use BeyondText.  How hard is it to learn?  I have never done any VR whatsoever and I am scared to death because I hear so many horror stories about it.  Will be starting in the next 2 weeks on it.  Petrified.    Any advice would be appreciated.    ...

Beyondtext Question
Nov 29, 2011

Can anyone share their average lines per hour for the VR on Beyond Text platform?  Need to make a decision but need to know what is actually possible on the platform.  I know most people say they cannot do more than 250 lph on VR and wanted to see if that was true on this platform?  Please do not bash me or VR, just asking what MTs are capable of doing on the platform.  Thanks in advance. ...

Bayscribe So Much Better Than BeyondText
Jun 21, 2012

There are not as many bells and whistles, but so much easier to use, with basically one screen you are on rather than jumping all over to 10 other screens before doing the report.  Wish we could stay here forever.  ...

Beyondtext Update ?
Dec 12, 2012

Work PT at a facility as a "guest" on BeyondTxt right now.  Will be training for upgrade to some type of word based program.  I think she said the training would be about an hour. Have you all switched over to this adn what is your opinion.?   ...

Third Day Of BeyondText Problems
Dec 10, 2014

I haven't seen anyone else here mention it, but is the time-out issue in BeyondText causing trouble for anyone?  Starting to wonder if this was a planned event designed to frustrate us out of our minds on this first week of the new pay plan. ...

Heard Anything On When BeyondText Will Be Back
May 23, 2012

up?  Down 2 days this week, wow!  This really hurts the paycheck. ...

Question For Transcenders Whose Acct Has Moved From BS To BeyondText
Feb 09, 2011

Once your primary moved to the new platform, did you still have access to Bayscribe to work on your secondaries when work was low?  And were you told there were certain requirements you must meet in order to move with your account to BeyondText? ...

DQS Platform
Nov 02, 2010

Needing a general consensus on whether or not you like the DQS platform...what about it's ASR generated reports.  I personally like the platform and think the ASR reports aren't as bad as some platforms I have been on...I just hate the rate of ASR pay.  Though it is estimated the production increases with ASR, for most, that simply is not the case and, per a study I found online, quite the opposite.  Please see results from that independent study below.   En ...

MD-IT Platform
Oct 07, 2011

Does anyone have experience with the MD-IT platform? If so, is it easy to work with? Thanks for any info. ...

Which Is The Best Platform For EMR For IC/MTs?
Aug 29, 2012

In your experience, which platform would you recommend an IC/MT suggest a physician's office utilize? This would be probably for four docs per office or less and one to four MTs. I am hoping to "sell" some local private doctor offices with this form of EMR so it may save my current small job and also allow me to obtain more work. Also, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to "sell" this idea to them. Thank you for any help you may be able to share with me. ...

Best Platform For MT???
Aug 29, 2012

Small and independent and was wanting some opinions/information on the best platform to use. I am currently using one now but was curious about webchart, chartnet, and scribemanager. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  ...

FFT Platform?
May 25, 2015

Sooo, anyone care to share which companies use the FFT (Fluency) platform other than the company formerly known as The Big Q? ...

Emdat Platform
Oct 12, 2009

Is this system difficult. Is it voice recognition? ...

SoftScript Platform?
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone know what platform SoftScript uses?  TIA. ...

What Platform Does Chronicle Use?
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone have info about them, good or bad? ...

Is MedQuist's Platform
Jan 04, 2010

compatible with Windows 7? ...

Webmedx Platform
Jan 06, 2010

Can anybody tell me what platform Webmedx uses? Thanks. ...

What Platform Does Zylomed Use? Does Anyone Know?
Jan 08, 2010

Does anyone know what platform they use?  Any other info, like pay scale?  Thanks. ...

Platform With Inscribe Out Of KY?
Feb 08, 2010

Was wondering what platform this company uses, does anyone know?  It is Inscribe out of Kentucky.  I've talked with two different people at the company and they are saying they don't know what platform they use.  However, a Dictaphone 15-pin foot pedal is required, so would that be ExText?  Thanks in advance.... ...

What VR Platform Does TransTech Use?
Feb 19, 2010

nm ...

What VR Platform FutureNet Uses
Mar 17, 2010

Does anyone know what VR platform FutureNet uses and what they pay for VR work? ...