A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Rehire - peeking_duck

Posted: Jan 14, 2015

Do you think if I worked at a company over 10 years ago and left on (from what I remember) not that great of terms, they would still remember me, and would it even be considered a rehire?  I remembered, after the fact, that I did work for them briefly, way back, when I was just starting out.  My name has changed.  Is that all they go by, or do they use SSN?  Actually I think it has been more like 14 or 15 years. 

Rehire - Sassy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Most companies will ask if you have ever been employed with them and will ask which name you worked under. I worked for a week with a company during a transition of them buying out the company I worked for and since I had another job, I chose not to continue with them. However, when I wanted to apply with them years later, I was told I was not eligible for rehire, although technically I never actually worked for them because I left before they officially took over. Still, the only way to know for sure is to apply.

Yep, they will remember, I think it goes by SSN. nm - jc

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I wouldn't hink they would remember if it has been 10 years - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
but they probably go by SSN and no name. Why wonder, just go ahead and apply and if the subject surfaces about working previously then you can defend yourself. What have you got to lose, if you think you would like to work this company, I say for it!!!

SSN and yes you will ping their database, answer honestly. nm - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I don't think they would know - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
This many years later, it is highly doubtful that they would have the exact payroll system that would pull your name up. Also, many MT companies actually use a separate payroll company, so nothing would even be said by the company. You said you remembered after the fact, so I would just pretend I didn't remember at all, if it were me. I know many will give a huge sigh at my bold dishonesty, but jobs are hard to come by and let's keep it real, the MT companies usually aren't up front and honest with us either:)

I cannot imagine they would know- it's been a long time - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and with the turnover these companies have to keep up with SSN for 10 years, that would be massive.

rehire - Maria

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, they will know by your SS# and if you didn't put in a two weeks' notice, they probably will not rehire you. Sorry.

All you can do is try - EMT

[ In Reply To ..]
They most likely will have record of you working for them previously based on your SSN alone. Even if they do, since it was over a decade ago, they may see it as water under the bridge and might still consider rehiring you, or they may not. You won't know until you try. That's all you can really do. It all depends on the company and their rehire policies. They could have a big black mark next to your name that says "do not rehire" or they may not. They may only have record of the dates you worked for them and nothing else. However, I definitely wouldn't lie to them if they ask if you've ever worked for them before. I don't even think I would necessarily try to hide it because then you would look dishonest if they were to find out. That would be a sure fire way NOT to get rehired. Be honest and up front about it and explain what happened. It was a really long time ago and they probably don't even have the same management staff that they had back then. I'd say give it a shot and see what happens. You have nothing to lose. The worst that could happen is they say no and then you will know that at least you tried and can move on. Good luck!

Late - Jen

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm late to the party here.

Yes, they will certainly have records of your SSN. They may not bother to check those records, especially if they've changed payroll services or the information is stored in some inconvenient location.

But probably, they'll be able to determine that you worked there before.

I think it's unlikely that they'll remember anything about the circumstances of your departure after so long, though. Even if they kept good notes, someone would have to be motivated enough to look them up, and again that information may be in an inconvenient location.

I'd bet against anyone actually remembering you. Very possibly they've had enough turnover in 15 years that no one who worked there your first time around is still there. Especially in an HR department. Companies seem to burn through HR managers at an alarming rate.

Similar Messages:

Rehire To MQ After Being Let Go
Oct 31, 2011

Has anyone ever been rehired by MQ after they have been let go.  A while back I was let go for not doing the minimum lines.  Just wondering if they ever rehire. ...

Rehire Eligibility
Sep 05, 2010

Worked for MQ for years, quit with proper notice.  Then hired back on PT, couldn't handle PT and FT job and quit Without notice.  If I need to (or want to) go back to MQ FT would  they even consider me since I quit without notice? ...

What About Rehire At M*Modal?
Mar 09, 2012

This was my first job on-line, working at Medquist (before they became M*Modal).   Anyway things did not go well for me at that time -- 2007.  They just kept on pushing and pushing to get high line counts, which was very difficult considering the hard accoucnts I was given -- total ESL dictators.  So I came here to complain and somehow my Team Leader found out what user name I had here.  She was basically spying on me and read everything I posted here.  Of course that di ...

Rehire At Keystrokes
May 09, 2012

I am wondering what it is like at Keystrokes now.  I worked for them back in 2008 and it was very stressful and hard to make line counts then.  QA was very tough too.  Have they changed at all???  Anyone who works there now, I would appreciate your comments.  Thank you.     I am thinking about applying there now, but a little scared at the same time.  ...

Nuance Rehire
Aug 30, 2013

i would love to be rehired and just applied online. nuance not so bad compared to other companies.  ...

Rehire Phone Call
Apr 18, 2012

Just got a recorded phone call saying they would like to rehire me (left Medquist last July).  All I would have to do is re-test, interview and then talk to someone else.  No thank you, but did give me a laugh for the day.  Will hopefully never have to go back to them. ...

Rehire - Are There Any Happy MTs Are Nuance? 
Apr 25, 2013

Are there any happy MTs are Nuance?  I am considering going back to Nuance part time for extra income.  I left on good standings. Are there any MTs making line count and are happy with Nuance? Would love to know before I jump back in the fire. Thanks! ...

Anyone Have A Direct Number Or Email For MM Human Resources? Just Deemed Ineligible For Rehire --sm
Nov 25, 2013

but the email did not give a reason, just said that after HR review, I was deemed ineligible for rehire. Gave me the recruitment department if I felt the decision was in error, but when I called them, all they said was the decision came from HR.  Said they had no info on email address or phone number.   ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...